The Body Shop Olive Beautifying Oil

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/18/2016 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Non sticky, absorbed well. The price alright for the quality of the product. No complaint on the packaging. Easy to open and no leakage. I use it for body and hair. It leave my skin soft. Smells good too if you like olive.

This Olive Beautifying Oil is my 4th bottle out of the whole range. My first bottle is moringa, seconded by mango and third one is cocoa butter. All of them are superb and performed very well on my hair and face (sometimes I use it as makeup remover). It gives me smooth and moisturized hair texture - no more dry ends or tangles. But be careful of the number of drops you use as over-applying can make your hair greasy and need to rewash. I have been using this range since year 2012 and it definitely can last for many months.

This Olive Beautifying Oil smells fresh and olive-y. Nothing fruity or sweet scent which makes it different from those previous one that I used. I am intended to buy other 'special' scent, ie. chocolate, pink grapefruit etc but unfortunately, olive is the only one available in The Body Shop in the airport on the day I travelled and also the only one available online in Zalora. I like its texture, dry oil without leaving any grease or oiliness on my clothes or pillow and it absorbs in the hair quickly. It is very runny (in a form of oil, not serum or gel or gelee type) and not a thick texture like cold pressed EVOO, EVCO, camellia oil which is hard to spread and give a raw scent. Again, the scent of olive does not last long and vanish in just a short while. So no worry about the smell lingering around or goes contradict with your perfume or body mist. I also use this oil as pre-shampoo treatment and leave it for hours before I go for shower and it does give me smoother and shinier hair as a very satisfying outcome.

I do find that different scents of Beautifying Oil do perform differently due to different ingredients used. But overall, I am impressed with The Body Shop Beautifying range and in my personal view, it surely acts better and beats out The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum and The Body Shop Wild Argan The Radiant Oil. I will highly recommend these few scents that I have used to anyone who want their oil to be multi-purposes - use on hair, face, dry skin, cracked heels, elbow, cuticle. It works out so well that it worths every single penny paid!

on 6/29/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

At first I didn't know what to do with this oil as it is not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. However, I put it in my hair one day and it was SO soft and it controlled the frizz too!

It was a little pricey, but I only needed a few drops for my hair so I don't think I'll need another one for a while. Also, I love the bottle. The droplets come out slowly so it's easy to control how much you're using. I will definitely buy again once I run out. :)

EDIT: I now also use it as a cuticle oil. :D A drop on a q-tip is more than enough.

on 1/19/2013 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like this for the smell. Not sure bout the moisturising properties on the whole. I worked through 6 bottles.

Works nicely on my eczema skin.

I basically douched in them cause they aren't moisturising enough but maybe I waited till my skin is towelled dry to use it. Well use right after shower. I think my application is wrong.

on 7/28/2012 10:18:00 AM

Love the oil, as it sinks into the skin beautifully and doesn't leave that horrible greasy feeling.

bought the product online, and wasnt sure on which scent to go for as obviously i couldn't smell them. Thought i was staying safe by choosing 'moringa' a white flower scent. big mistake! i cannot stand the smell, its so overpowering, it does smell exactly like a flower would but far too strong, i actually told my husband not to smell me as i thought i smelt like a granny!

i put it in my hair yesterday, and left it for the day, then shampoo'd and conditioned as usually in the evening, worked wonders, my hair is lovely! soft, silky and shiny! and the smell has washed out leaving the benefits behind.

would consider purchasing the product again but only if i went into the store and chose the smell i liked asi have realised you cannot trust online scent shopping lol!

on 6/28/2012 10:04:00 AM

I LOVE body oils & so I had to try this new product. The Olive scent is light, fresh & natural, almost herbally smelling. I quite like it! The oil can be used on body, hair & face. I use this straight out of the shower without toweling off first. You really need the water to help the oil sink into the skiin. Then slather this oil all over body and let it sink it. It does not feel greasy however as with other body oils, it does take a minute or two to sink in. The scent does not last all day, on me at least which is fine. I also have used this on the dry ends of my hair and it is very nice.

Popular Body Skincare Products