Essie Mojito Madness

Mojito MadnessMojito MadnessMojito Madness

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I'd call this a slightly muted, mint-leaning, medium-bright grass green. It's not the most flattering green for my pale, cool-toned complexion, but it's definitely not the worst, either. It does bring out the reds a little bit (only a little) and it tends to bring out the blue veins in my hands, but it is wearable.

This is a creme, and application can be tricky, because it tends to drag and/or streak on the first coat. I usually start out doing thin coats and then increase the thickness as I need to do, and I found that medium-thick-to-thick coats worked best for application. The second coat did fix any streaks or drags of the first coat, but the nails where I started out with the medium-thick coat and followed with a second medium-thick coat really looked the best and had the most even coverage.

Not much else to say about this one. It's a decent quality, pleasant minty green creme. If that's what you're looking for, well, here it is.

on 5/3/2016 12:05:00 PM

Meh. I wanted to try Mojito Madness for a long time because of all the positive reviews. And I like green polishes, but it really has to be the RIGHT green. This one wasn't. It's a pale/medium shade that's about the same color as lime sherbet. I had high hopes but it just didn't look like anything special on my nails.

Good formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But because I didn't like the color itself, I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 7/26/2015 6:27:00 PM

I found this lovely polish at TJ Max for about $2. It is the perfect kelly green on my nails. I really like it on my toes. It applies easily with perfect opacity in two coats. I get many compliments when I wear it and I wear it a lot. It has become one of my favorites.

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I was pleasantly surprised with this one, and I usually don't give Essie's line a second glance because their polishes are not worth the price IMO, and can be easily beat in quality and value by some of the off brands like Pure Ice. Mojito Madness is a very pretty, bold spring green that complements my pale-ish but warm skin on my hands and toes. Formula goes on nicely and self-levels effortlessly leaving minimal streaks. Two coats get the job done with reasonable drying time, leaving a beautiful finish that matches the bottle. Topcoat is optional, I put a topcoat on my toenails and left my fingernails with 2 coats but the polish still held up significantly! Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing formula, easy two coats for full coverage. Lovely summery green that works well with my warm skin tone. I'm on day 3 with no chips, using CND Stickey base coat with SV top coat. I'd prefer a wider brush in the Essie polishes, but the excellent formula is so easy to apply that in this case it's not a big deal.

on 5/6/2014 6:30:00 AM

Perfect formula and color, one of my favourites!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really love this color. My cuticles are usually a little pink. I didn't think I would be able to wear a green nail polish, but this was really flattering. The formula is a little thick. It went on nicely with one light coat and a second heavier coat. Even without a top coat, it stayed on for almost a week without too much chipping. It did start to look a little dingy, as the gray became more noticable.

on 3/22/2014 2:52:00 AM

Great green Colour. Excellent formula and applies easily. I call this my Starbucks green polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Perfect 2-coat formula, no streaks, shiny plastic finish. This yellowy green shade does not look good on me unfortunately. It is bright but slightly muted with a hint of grey that makes it look unhealthy on my very fair skin. It reminds me of the hospital gowns the surgical theatre staff wore when I was very ill and needed an emergency operation :(

on 9/30/2013 5:24:00 AM

Perfect colour, applies amazing, in two coats. I use soho silk base coat from nails inc as a base, and seche vite top coat, dries really quickly, lasts for a long time without chipping. Definately recommend!

Popular Polishes