Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)
ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 10/6/2017 2:09:00 AM

I have combination skin - my T-Zone is very oily and the rest of my face is quite dry. The foundation goes on nicely on the dry areas of my face, but sometimes it will not stay on my nose and on the skin under my under eyes no matter how hard I try. I usually bring out the concealer in this instance and that does the trick but in terms of the "colourstay?" The colour won't even apply!

Apart from this dilemma, it is very good. Would not purchase again because it doesn't cope with oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Since when is this a dupe for Double Wear?!
They have absolutely nothing in common. This foundation does not have enough power to stay on the skin without making it greasy within the first 5 hours. It`s nothing more than a product that only sits on your face, covering certain spots and giving you that "I am wearing a ton of foundation today" kind of look. If you`re looking for an efficient and cheap foundation, this is not it. There are other Drugstore brand which do a much better job.
Revlon is just an overrated brand with easily replaceable products and this foundation is a perfect example.

on 8/23/2017 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: 10/2017 - tried this again - (combo/oily version) and here I am, not even 3 hours of wear - and I had to blot with 3 (!!!!!) blotting sheets to take away my shine already. I even used a primer AND setting powder and applied this with a brush. For oil control, this isn't working for me. I may try without a primer tomorrow - but this prevents shine as long as any other foundation I've tried (Rimmel, NYX, CG, WnW). If NOT using a primer doesn't help the shine (maybe my primer is making me oily?) I debate about repurchase, just because this DOES seem to handle my pores a bit better than other foundations. Not shine control, but pore-filling/blurring for oily, large pores, yes.

ETA: 9.5.2017 - stopped using this because it was so darn hard to completely get off my skin (even with makeup wipes). Just not worth the extra irritation to my skin. Back to HG NYX Total Control foundation.
---------------
I first reviewed this foundation in 3/2017 and had issues with it burning my skin because the Salicylic Acid in it was conflicting with the topical benzoyl peroxide I had on my skin. Trying it out now - it does NOT bother my skin at all.

on 8/11/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product having high expectations however I was so disappointed!! The shade I bought was 330 in natural tan and for reference, i'm about NC20-25, and good lordy it looked so orange and pink on me at the same time somehow! Other than the shade, the formula wasn't too bad although I found that it really stuck to every single bump and piece of texture on my face :(, I really wanted to like this product but sadly it just didn't work for me!! It's also so expensive in Australia

on 8/2/2017 6:25:00 PM

I have reviewed this product on my blog https://beauty-medic.blogspot.com/ . I have used this many times and rebought it even. it is amazing, please read why on the link :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to winter foundation. I used to love it all year, prior to the formulation changes. Now it doesn't last quite as long in the summer. I only powder my under eye. I find if I set this with anything it looks cakey. It is one of the few long year foundations that does not cause breakouts for me.

Perfect for dry skin, when paired with setting powder lasts all day. However not very full coverage, in order to get full coverage in areas like your cheeks and nose where there is commonly more prone to redness you would need to apply another layer or concealer. A perfect colour match, however. Would buy again.

on 6/22/2017 4:25:00 AM

I have been using this product for a week (after a few months of using the creme version and loving it) because I couldn't find the creme one in my colour, and I'm very underwhelmed. I have combination skin, leaning more towards oily, and this makes my skin look so cakey and gross. Even before setting with my Skinfood Peach Sake finishing powder (which worked fine with the creme formulation) I have found this foundation looks and feels really gross. I have never had such an issue with cakeyness before! Will not be buying again, glad I didn't pay full price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN CHANGED TWICE in the last few years and has gotten worse each time. I started using the combination/oily skin formula over 10 years ago and it was BRILLIANT. Then it changed around 2013 and it was acceptable but didn't control oil as well. Then it changed again around 2016 and it was like a completely different foundation. The latest foundation has "super flex" and I do not recommend it for full coverage, longwear or oily skin.

It no longer wears well all day, I get super shiny (oily skin) within an hour and it isn't full coverage like it used to be. If Revlon wanted to add this super flex, why didn't they call it something new and package it differently? I really miss the old formula and now have to waste loads of money trying different brands to see what will work.

Suggestions?

on 5/21/2017 12:36:00 AM

I switched from Mac foundation to this brand. I prefer a complete coverage makeup with a natural finish. I do not like matte or super dewy finishes. This is what I got when I went on findation.com to find a substitute for mac foundation. It tends to last me about 2.5 months. It has a buildable coverage and doesn't ever leaves me with a streaky finish. It stays on if you go to the pool. You really need a good cleanser to get it off completely. That may be a turn off for some people. I typically don't have to reapply this throughout the day. My skin is combination I use the nude shade and I am a fair-medium natural shade. I am just as satisfied with this product as my mac makeup I use to use. I am saving a lot of money (I'm a broke college student) with this product.