Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)
ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 5/21/2017 12:36:00 AM

I switched from Mac foundation to this brand. I prefer a complete coverage makeup with a natural finish. I do not like matte or super dewy finishes. This is what I got when I went on findation.com to find a substitute for mac foundation. It tends to last me about 2.5 months. It has a buildable coverage and doesn't ever leaves me with a streaky finish. It stays on if you go to the pool. You really need a good cleanser to get it off completely. That may be a turn off for some people. I typically don't have to reapply this throughout the day. My skin is combination I use the nude shade and I am a fair-medium natural shade. I am just as satisfied with this product as my mac makeup I use to use. I am saving a lot of money (I'm a broke college student) with this product.

on 4/25/2017 5:24:00 PM

The price hurts a bit but it's worth it. It last all day for me. I bought the oil control version and I fell in love. It still gets me oily here and there but that's usually between 10-12 hours later. 😊

on 4/23/2017 7:46:00 AM

Being an "OWL," I like to filter the reviews for my age group. The last review done by someone in my age group was in 2015... so I think it's time for a new one. Because I'm lazy, cheap, and my skin doesn't like change, this has become my go-to foundation for many years. I have purchased several bottles in different colors and mix them to achieve what I feel is the right color for the season. I've tried both normal/combo and dry skin fomulas. I find the latter to be the better fit for me. I have never tried the EL foundation that this is a supposed dupe for, but if it truly is, why would someone spend that kind of $$ on a high-priced product that you can get a dupe for at a drugstore? I purchase this from Ulta when they have BOGO 50% off and that's how I justify my 2 colors. I've applied this many different ways, but my current way is to blend the 2 colors on the back of my hand with my fingers, dab on my face, and then use a foundation brush to buff. Then I use a damp RT BB to even things out. I build up coverage on work days and use light coverage on weekends. I literally wear this 6 days a week and find that it leaves my skin looking fairly decent for a "50-something" woman. I set it with either IT Cosmetics pressed powder or ELF pressed powder. I frequently wear for 12-14 hours a day and feel that it truly lasts all day. Yes, it does transfer to my phone and to other items, although I have yet find a decent foundation that doesn't. Overall, I feel it's a good/better than average for drugstore foundation that I will continue using.

With the new formula, I have only used this for a few days now. I have combination skin. And everyones face will react differently but tgis is how it works on me. I got the normal dry in sand beige which is supposed to be my summer color. Unfortunatly it comes out with a lighter and greyish cast now when it dries. I use a little water or primer when i put it on or it will draw attention to fine lines though that had always been a problem with it for me. It lasts better than it used to and applies better than it used to on my skin. It has a lovely matte finish. Doesnt cover all my blemishes though. All in all its good. Just not great unfortunatly. The pigment isnt what it uses to be and again the gray cast it gives now is a dissapointment to me. I would buy it again though for days its super hot outside and i want the spf. But i miss the high end quality color and payoff it used to have so i wont be using it for photoshoots anymore or for nights out unfortunatly.

on 3/20/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

- I'm going to review this as the item that is out now - in 2017. I'm not going to talk about the old formulation, and I read tons of reviews about this foundation and everyone kept comparing it to the old formulation. That item doesn't exist, so I want to make sure I review the CURRENT PRODUCT that is out on the shelves so people know what they are buying. Second, I have super sensitive, light skin that tans easily (not super pale) with clear skin (from acne topical gel) and redness and some scars and melasma. I have combo skin, can get oily, but also have super flaky dry patches. I do not wear foundation EVER - the only thing I wear is BB/tinted moisturizer, so this is the first foundation I'm trying since the reviews (on the 2013 one) were so positive. Also - this foundation (both Combo and Dry) do not have talc in them. That seems to make me break out.

However - I haven't seen anyone mention that both the Combo and Dry versions of this foundation contain salicylic acid - which is an acne treatment for the skin that works by doing mild chemical exfoliation to the pores to keep them from getting clogged (vs. benzoyl peroxide that works to oxygenize the skin to keep it from getting clogged). Since I haven't seen anyone mention this, I thought I'd point it out - since salicylic acid can break people out, or cause irritation if they haven't used an acne treatment on their face - or if they are using an acne treatment, combining them could cause issues. I use BP as a topical, and so far, this has not bothered me at all. Salicylic Acid could also help not cause breakouts, so that can be a plus or a minus for folks.

I bought this at Target, in shade Buff in both the Combo/Oily, and the Normal/Dry versions. I wasn't sure which one would work best for my skin tone, so I bought both. The color "buff" was my shade exactly (winter skin). The Normal/Dry line ran darker in my opinion.

First impression - this is no longer a thick/cakey foundation. No way. I apply with a damp beauty blender, and this stuff gave me light coverage with 1.5 pumps. This was so sheer that I could still see my melasma and just some faint healing pimple scars that I had on my jaw. This isn't a cakey, masque-like foundation - so if you are avoiding it for this reason, don't. You definitely have to build up for coverage.

Since I bought both Combo/Oily, and the Normal/Dry same color - I applied both versions to my moisturized face (no primer) - one to one side, one to the other. Things I noticed immediately - Normal/Dry "Buff" was so much of a match to my skin tone that once I put it on, I couldn't even see any coverage. It was that sheer. It looked like I had applied a tinted moisturizer to my face. The Combo/Oily side had much more coverage and was definitely lighter, it brightened my skin a lot more, and since there was more coverage, I found it to dry a bit more powdery/flakey on my skin than the Normal/Dry side, which I found no flakes etc.. at all.

I left both sides plain - no setting powder and then went on with my day to see how they would hold up. After 4 hours - I found them to look pretty much identical from far away, but upon close inspection, the Combo/Oily side was still more powdery/flakey than the other side. By that 4 hour mark - both were starting to get dewy - so I wouldn't call this a 100% matte foundation, but I hadn't set it either. I don't believe this would last 24 hours - the formula is way too runny and not thick at all for 24 hours of strength.

The next day i applied both to my face mixed with each other. The powdery finish I had on the Combo/Oily side the day before was not there when I mixed it with it's Normal/Dry counterpart. I wore them mixed the next day for about 4 hours - and it was fine. It was a 90 degree day here - and I was a bit dewy, but I also think that it held up pretty good for being 90 degrees.

the foundation has NO SMELL(and I'm sensitive to smells), is not tacky to the touch (that's even without setting it!), doesnt' feel like a mask, not cakey, and did NOT oxidize on me at all. I found that this washes off at night just fine. I first wash my face with my cleanser - then run a baby wipe over my face and barely anything comes off - then wash my face again - and it's gone.

I have super sensitive skin and On the two days I wore this combo for just 4 hours, i had no issues with it bothering my skin. However, my first day wearing it all day at work (8 hours), i noticed that my face was very red/burny after washing all the foundation off. I believe this may be from the Salicylic Acid. I didnt have a breakout, I just noticed that when i applied my benzoyl peroxide topical acne gel, my face really burned and was red. Thats not normal for me at all.
I wasnt sure if the SA would bother my BP application, but im pretty sure this was the issue. So, if you are using a topical acne treatment or skin treatment, id tread carefully using this foundation. SA is powerful, and i think Revlon should list it as an active ingredient. I plan to return these to my local Target.

(also, please read other reviews here: https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=13842/ColorStay-Makeup-[Reformulated-Early-2013]/Revlon/Liquid - there are more recent rave reviews in 2017 for this foundation.)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I would like to go ahead and say that while this foundation didn't work for me, it's definitely not a bad foundation. I have fairly "normal" skin with mild acne and scarring, I don't really have any dry patches and am very fair with a pink undertone, I was the lightest shade in this foundation and purchased a bottle with a pump, which was a very nice addition and I liked the packaging. It's also a very good value for the money you spend on it. I would say that this foundation is very lightweight and does not feel heavy or cakey on the face whatsoever. I have used this both with and without a primer and did not experience noticeably different results. Using a beauty blender is absolutely the way to go with this foundation, it will show every single brush stroke. As for coverage I would say it's more on the medium side. Unfortunately, this foundation oxidizes horribly on me no matter what I do and makes me break out like crazy, so I passed it on to my sibling who has combination skin and seems to really enjoy it so far.

on 3/3/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a weird one for me because so many people say this is best for oily skin and a dupe for Double Wear, I find it to be the complete opposite! I have normal to dry skin and this is beaiyiful on me with a natural finish. It has never oxidised on me, I would compared it to my favourite foundation Nars Sheer Glow but Colourstay has a lot more coverage!

on 3/2/2017 8:12:00 PM

This went on nicely, and I liked it at first, but this foundation oxidizes. I usually pump foundation onto the back of my hand and then apply it with brushes, fingers, or a beauty blender. One day I forgot to wipe the back of my hand clean, and sure enough, I glanced down later and saw the big oxidized splotch on my hand! Whoopsie! So, this foundation didn't work out for me.

on 1/29/2017 12:10:00 AM

I have been using this product since i started work 13 years ago. 13 years ago , as a drugstore product , this foundation offered the highest coverage and held up the best on oily skin. My skin changed to combi over the years and this became a little too heavy and mask like. The new formular is also not as good . The product was shelved aside as I now had more money to explore departmental store makeup and Sephora offered a lot of choices . Recently I tried this with a beauty blender and this became my Favourite again . The beauty blender makes the product less pigmented and I fell in love with the high coverage , good Color match and it really stays on . The makeup does not oxidise and wears well for up to 8 hours .

on 11/27/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Absolutely detest this foundation. It's been recommended over and over the interwebs and out for oily skinned gals like me and I hate it. It was one of my first foundations when I started makeup, and smelling this does take me back to the bad brows and foundation-not-matching-your-body days. I gave this foundation another go (hopefully as a cheap alternative to my beloved Double Wear) and I just can't see myself using it again. The smell is so strong I could smell it on myself even after setting with powder and setting spray. I wore it on a hot day and it probably made the smell worse.

I find this foundation cakey and heavy on my face, emphasising lines that should not be there. The shade range is awful as well, I find it to be too cool toned/pinky for my warm/yellow toned face. Will not be repurchasing.