Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 7/14/2016 7:02:00 PM

Hello girlie what can I say I've been a makeup junkie for let's see 15 years I've tried every single Foundation out there in the market and I haven't came across anything like this. Well I mean for long-lasting this particular Foundation stays all day humidity sweat it won't crease it won't fade it won't oxidize. What else can I say about this Foundation it's amazing and I can't live without it. The only downside of it is the color range. Revlon please get it together and start making more of the Latina kind of golden skin colors for us women we have more yellow undertone.
Here is the color i am using right now I have a little bit of Tan going so I'm using the golden Tan I am a wear NC 35 in Mac or NC 40 in the summer so that's the closest I found in more of a yellow based kind of golden color. If this helps for any of you girls out there that want to try this Foundation I recommend it to all of you especially right now and humidity and hot weather this is amazing try it and it's cheap. 😍😘

on 7/13/2016 9:51:00 PM

I've been using this foundation as part of my everyday routine for probably about two years now. I'm just nearing the end of my current bottle which does not have a pump. I'm not sure if we have the pump bottles where I live yet, but if so, I hope this hasn't changed the formula!

I initially had some trouble finding the correct shade but after some experimenting I settled on Sand Beige. I have used this shade successfully year round since I protect my skin from the sun as much as possible and I don't really tan anyway.

I apply this with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I wouldn't recommend applying it with your fingers as the texture is a bit thick and I don't think it would blend out well enough. A little goes a long way with this product. I feel that most reviewers who write that it's cakey are probably applying too much or not using an appropriate brush or sponge for application.

I haven't had any problems with my skin due to using this foundation and it gives a nice finish that doesn't look or feel to heavy. As long as the formula doesn't change, I intend to stick with it.

To Read all 322 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/4/2016 3:44:00 PM

I genuinely am so confused.

I used to hate this foundation, so much that I had a new bottle unopened around 3 years ago and kept it. However, recently I decided to give it one more go and used it.

Products I normall use:
I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell, the L'oreal Infallible in Porcelain (little dark) and Almay products in Ivory. I also use the Rimmel London 25 hr in the lightest shade.

This foundation I am using in Ivory, it applies heavenly with a beauty blender.
This product does not have the pump here in the UK.

With this foundation LESS IS MORE. Too much and it can look cakey, the same with many products of the same consistency e.g. DW.

I have no dry patches and I have oily skin, I use the Dry to Normal version as I hear it works better for oil.

I love it, and I have no idea why I used to hate it. It has the finish and the longevity that I need in a foundation and have recently purchased 2 new bottles for my stash of foundation in case of a zombie apocalypse.

When I first got this foundation I absolutely loved it. It fit my skin tone so well (i use sand beige) and I found it so complimentary.

Unfortunately, recently it's been flaking and clinging to imperfections/ dry patches and I am not a huge fan anymore. It also oxidises a lot and i look so orange by the end of the day. When you first apply it, however, it seriously looks flawless. It also has a very foundationy look. Since this product, I've been using the nars sheer flow and in comparison, you can't really tell I'm wearing foundation with the nars one, it sort of looks naturally flawless. the revlon colorstay makes it obvious you are wearing foundation - so if you're going for a natural look, this is not the foundation for you.

It did not break me out or have an unpleasant scent and it has good pigmentation - you need a reasonable amount for your whole face but the pump makes it very easy.

Hope you have better luck with this product, it wasn't for me although for a while i thought i had found my HG foundation!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh no no no no no, Revlon. This in 110 Ivory was the first foundation that I ever bought, and the finish was so horrible and masklike that I thought the color match was wrong and I must be warm-toned for the next six months, even though I'm actually very much cool-toned. Regardless of application method, this so-called foundation with the consistency of congealed paint forms a heavy, claylike membrane over your poor face that will then crack and split off into subcontinents within an hour. You know those images of dried up lakes where the ground is all cracked and split? You will legit look like that. No. On top of all that, it contains ethylhexyl palmitate, so have fun getting horrible cystic acne within 12 hours of it touching you. The "whipped" version, which I for some godforsaken reason also have, is the only thing that's worse.

Amount paid: ~$9
Usage: ~5x
Amount wasted: $9

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for years. Seriously. I used to love Estee lauder double wear or stay in place foundation before I got into this foundation. You can't say much about this foundation especially at this price tag. It's affordable and good quality as a drugstore foundation. I'm on my 5th bottle or more I believe. It's definitely full-coverage . DONT apply it with your fingers.PLS. You'll tell the weird and awful finish. Use it with a sponge or beauty blender.It looks less heavy and more coverage . Since I have acne skin and I couldn't say that it never broke me out . Anyway , it never gave me an insane reaction either. I will continue to repurchase it.

on 6/27/2016 6:33:00 AM

Too lazy to write long review, so, pros + and cons - in one list:
+ Stays while day without an issue.
- Can't handle my oily parts without primer.
+ Buff works fine on me.
- Oxidises a bit better but still on the okay side of it.
+ Doesn't break me out.
+ Doesn't get into fine lines.
+ Mixes beautifully with highlighter cream and/or moisturiser.
+ Melts into the skin nicely.
+ Good coverage, neither full on MAC level but neither "cannot cover anything" Maybelline level.

All in all, will try new foundation next time, but if there's no other interesting one I'll just buy this one again and not worry about it.

on 6/20/2016 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ok. This review will be a living and breathing and transforming creature for the next month (that sounds sooo Kanye West of me). I kind of like to write first impressions and then come back and update the whole thing if needed. So be patient with me, it's also a memory exercise.

So. My first and primary make up need is duration. The second one, a decent price: it's only make up, I don't consider it a luxury or a pleasure, I just need it to feel better and more confident without splurging. I need it to be reliable, medium-cheap, and wearing it in the morning to the night without retouching or without carrying the beauty bag in the purse. Am I asking too much? No I don't, I already have my fair share of excellent products (under 10 euros yo!) I wouldn't trade for the highest end product out there. I have my humble, extremely performing items: Deborah or Bourjois red lipstick, Milani's eyeliner, random mascara (nobody will ever convince me there's a huge difference between them), Essence high coverage concealer, foundation. End of story. Nothing more nothing less. I often buy thing I don't even understand how to use properly, that would surely give satisfactions but come on who needs highlighter sparkles when you just want to go out and get a couple of bottles of wine and die? (ok that was massively tragic but you know the feeling). When would I ever wear a palette thing? Or brows pomade? Is that black satanic magic?

In my staples list, foundation is missing. I started to use it quite recently to be fair, and was kind of resigned at the idea that I should be happy with what I can (even mentally) afford. But then, hello again!, MUA surfaced in my life and made me see there were wonderful ladies out there with probably my same view and needs, so I did THE research (night and nights in browsing everything out there) and discovered this. It took me a month before deciding, it had to grow on me, out of research, videos, tutorials, real life application. Then, I bought it on Amazon (I could try the shade just by going downtown but I'm too lazy to live sometimes) in shade 180 oily-normal. 12 euros were fair enough. I was also looking for a long lasting product to resist the full day wedding of my best friend in a few days, in July, in an open field (I'm already sweating from my eyeballs).

Soooo the day arrived and I received my foundation! I immediately put it to test. I knew I was having a full day - grocery weekly shopping, gardening, building a new house for my turtle, cooking, cleaning around home, and much else, and there were 35°C degrees. No primer, no concealer, just a bit of skin toned powder on the lids for setting the eyeliner. Well my expectations were fully covered. Cotton pads were totally brown after 10 hours of wear.

I definitely can tell I found something reliable. I'm going to pair it with a good silicone primer (but skin was evened with the foundation itself) and concealer where needed, and some powder if required by the situation. Reliable=instant holy grail. Will update or correct as soon as I try with other products combined.

The shade I choose isn't the best, on the cons. It blends well but before oxidizing, it looks too pale. Thanks oxidation. The consistence is quite thick and working fast would be useful for better results.

I'm definitely in love!

UPDAAAATE 1:
I wonder how the previous formula was since everybody who experienced both versions seems to be nostalgic of the first one. I mean come one. This is pure bliss in a bottle. I can wake up and feeling like s**t and wanting to look like Robin Williams in Deconstructing Harry, all blurred and surrounded by compassionate people and colleagues, and here comes the three magic pumps of this liquid saviour to save my positive vibe (and reputation).
I've been drinking a lot lately, due to many summer parties and hen parties (you all gonna divorce at the end but thanks for the free booze y'all) so you know, it's reasonable to become a little special needs and forget where your mouth is, so lots of vodka and tequila ended right in my face. At the end of the night, Colorstay was still there, turning my fingers and cotton pads brown.
Is this review becoming a full AA confession? Damn

UPDATE 2 (5 july 2016)
Ok here we go then, I did the ultimate, definitive Litmus test to this product: an extremely emotional, sweaty, eternal summer open air wedding. A total take-or-leave situation.
I live in an Italian region knows for its hellbound, tragic temperatures, expecially in summer, where 100°F is considered a mild and cool temperature in July/August. I am known for never crying but when I start, god forbids. Dams around me are mandatory. People drown. Rice fields grow around me. It was the wedding of my best friend, so I felt so close to the newly weds I couldn't keep my s**t together during the celebration and ka-boom. Town was flooded..okay okay you got it, so, what's the point of this destructive description? The foundation staaaaayed! Yaaass! Plus I sweated like a pig due to the elegant syntethic dress I was wearing, lots of booze ended in my face (heheh) and had to kiss and hug thousands of times. I wore it from 8 am to 4 am of the day after and, when I cleaned it (my routine is so strict and no drunkness will ever stop me from removing make up, even if I'm actually using my drool for cleaning), there were the brown cotton pads.
Simply YAAAAAAASS.

I wanted to like this due to the price but I just couldn't get over the smell. It is SO perfumed. I could smell it on my face all day! It also oxidized pretty badly on me. I gave this away and now I use Loreal tru blend and smashbox hydrating foundation. Both are amazing especially for dry skin.

on 5/27/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Revlon colorstay irritates me, I have facial redness and a somewhat sensitive skin. On the second and third day of using it my skin started to feel itchy, I stopped and gave it a second chance 2 weeks latter but I got the same itchiness . It has no spf which is important for me because the sun makes my redness worse. Conclusion: This is a no for me.