Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)
ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 1/29/2017 12:10:00 AM

I have been using this product since i started work 13 years ago. 13 years ago , as a drugstore product , this foundation offered the highest coverage and held up the best on oily skin. My skin changed to combi over the years and this became a little too heavy and mask like. The new formular is also not as good . The product was shelved aside as I now had more money to explore departmental store makeup and Sephora offered a lot of choices . Recently I tried this with a beauty blender and this became my Favourite again . The beauty blender makes the product less pigmented and I fell in love with the high coverage , good Color match and it really stays on . The makeup does not oxidise and wears well for up to 8 hours .

on 11/27/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Absolutely detest this foundation. It's been recommended over and over the interwebs and out for oily skinned gals like me and I hate it. It was one of my first foundations when I started makeup, and smelling this does take me back to the bad brows and foundation-not-matching-your-body days. I gave this foundation another go (hopefully as a cheap alternative to my beloved Double Wear) and I just can't see myself using it again. The smell is so strong I could smell it on myself even after setting with powder and setting spray. I wore it on a hot day and it probably made the smell worse.

I find this foundation cakey and heavy on my face, emphasising lines that should not be there. The shade range is awful as well, I find it to be too cool toned/pinky for my warm/yellow toned face. Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely hate Revlon Colorstay Foundation!!!! I bought the dry skin version of this & believe me it is horrible. Its like having a dried up mask on your face. My skin looked so flat, dull, & dry. The color match was pretty good though. It was the most difficult to wash off of anything I've tried. I couldn't believe it's marketed towards dry skin & besides nobody needs a 24 hour foundation. Worst foundation I've ever used & I returned it.

on 11/19/2016 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used this foundation for quite awhile before switching over to MAC pro longwear foundation. The only pro of this foundation for me is the fact that it really does live up to its claim of 24hrs. I prefer this for an evening or night time make up as it oxidises very badly, I would look super orange in the day. The coverage is not bad but it is very very cakey.

on 11/15/2016 4:19:00 AM

This is the foundation I always find myself reaching for lately. It's full coverage and even after wearing it all day at work I still get compliments on my make up. I find this is best applied with a beauty blender as it is thick and I found that with a brush it would get cakey around my nose and dry patches.

on 11/6/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG foundation.. I've been using it for the past 4 years, tried other foundations along the way but keep coming back for Revlon CS.. I'm in my mid 30, have very oily skin & live in very hot & humid country.. Normally wear this foundation for good 8-10 hours on weekdays, just have to blot twice to stay matte all day

I brought this in the oily skin combination as it was on special, it made my skin appear extremely dry (it's slightly dry) but at the time I had a tiny bit of oily ness. It looked cakey also. I didn't like it but I know people who swear by it :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used this product all throughout high school! For reference, I am a nc25-30 in mac, but i also own a bottle of the waterweight in nc42 and sometimes i combine nc25 and nc42 to create a custom shade when I am more tan. I find that with this foundation, the only downside would be that it slightly oxidizes, but only if you are very oily to begin with. I used this foundation when I had super bad acne and it covered every super nicely and it kept my oil at bay. I then went on a hunt to find the perfect high end foundation for about a year. I tried everything from mac, urban decay, it cosmetics, and while they all worked nice, I found a bottle of this in my room today and used it and wow!!! It works better than all of my high end foundations! It sets beautifully, and makes all of my powders, blushes, highlights go on and STAY all day which I was having problems with before. I'm definitely going to pick up a new bottle of this, probably in the shade 300.

on 10/20/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this since there were so many glowing reviews. I got the formula for oily skin. I used this maybe three or four times just to give it a fair shot...but...in the words of another commenter on here, it truly made me "casket ready"...I don't know if the undertones in this foundation are just off but it made my skin look GREY. And mask-like...it does a good job with coverage but I feel like it took away all the natural undertones to my skin as well. I'm a neutral undertone and I use both warm and cool toned foundations and can get away with them both. But this is truly very strange. It wasn't cakey, exactly, but was rather mask-like. I did not feel beautiful wearing this at all and the rest of it is going to go to waste.

I've been using this foundation for about seven months now and it has become my HG go to.
I have normal to oily skin and needed decent coverage to cover sun damage pigmentation that stayed put.

I was a long time mineral foundation user but as my skin changed I found it was no longer working for me though I tried several brands.

I was hesitant to go back to chemical laden makeup but until I find a more natural one that stays on my face it will have to do.

The coverage is natural looking and never cakey. I apply this with my fingers because the result is more natural than when using a sponge or brush.
I set with Everyday Minerals finishing dust (either regular or pearl) and my face looks fresh from 8am to 10pm when I wash it off. No touch ups required, even in my t-zone. (I think the finisher used plays a huge part in this).

This foundation doesn't break me out and I haven't noticed any detrimental skin changes since I started using it.

The pump is great and sanitary.

I live in the tropics so will update once summer gets here to review how it performs in the humidity.