Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask

Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask

2.9

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mask is truly one of the best masks I've ever used in my 32 years. I've used all kinds of masks from high end to drugstore, and have never been as impressed with a mask as I am with this particular mask.

I received a 1oz tube of this mask in a beauty sub...can't remember which but it doesn't matter. It didn't look particularly spectacular and wasn't a brand I had ever heard of before, so it went in a drawer with all the other products I'd "get around" to trying out at some point but weren't high on my priority list.

The funny thing is, I had purchased a number of masks in between receiving this and trying it out that ended up being disappointing. I was having some major issues with the tone of my skin and clogged pores, so I decided to give this a shot. I REALLY regret not trying this mask sooner, as it has done absolute wonders for my skin.

This mask is not thick or paste like. It has almost a gel like consistency, is seaweed green in color and is transparent green when you get it onto your skin. It's not heavy, or cakey. It spreads on like jelly on toast. It has a nice earthy, lemony kelp type of scent to it that just smells clean and fresh.

As it dries it does not become tight or hard. This is really nice because it doesn't make you feel like all the moisture is being sucked out of your skin and doesn't make your skin feel tight or throb and doesn't make your face feel like it's going to pop. It's one of the most comfortable masks I've ever had the pleasure of using.

I let this mask sit for 15-20 mins. The directions say 10-15 minutes, but most of the time time just kind of gets away from me when I have this mask on. Washing the mask off does require a washcloth, otherwise you'd be there for awhile rinsing as it foams up into a lather as your washing it off.

After completely washing this mask off my skin is absolutely glowing, clear, bright, and even in tone. Blackheads are melted away, my pores are tighter and clear. My skin is soft, supple, moisturized and overall looks radiant.

The days in between use my skin looks absolutely fantastic. I have a problem with large pores, redness around my nostrils, temples and chin. This mask really keeps things evened out and reduces redness to all these areas.

My skin becomes noticeably firmer and any crepiness has disappeared. At 32, this is remarkably noticeable for me and I find that since using this mask on a continued basis I don't need near as much coverage when wearing makeup to cover imperfections. Days that I don't wear makeup at all my skin looks fantastic, bright and even. I've received so many compliments from friends and family, telling me my skin looks really amazing when I'm not even wearing any makeup.

The only downside to this mask lies in the size. It's available to purchase in 1 oz and 1.75 oz tubes. I always opt for the 1.75 oz after using up the initial 1 oz tube I received in the beauty sub because it's only about $1 more, and does last longer than the 1oz. tube by a few weeks. I wish that Acure would offer this mask in a larger size. Some may not appreciate buying such a small amount of product and may see it as a negative and not worthwhile. However, there are some benefits to the tube being small: One, it's travel friendly. Two, the smaller size ensures that the mask won't go bad, dry, or goop up in the tube before its all used up. So, there's that.

IMO the benefits of this mask and the effect it has on my skin is worth having to repurchase more often. Though one tube of the 1.75 oz lasts me two months.
If you think about it logically, products like Glamglow Supermud only have 1.2 oz and costs $69 at Sephora. I've bought that mask a number of times and don't feel it benefits my skin near as much as this mask does. For the price of one jar of Glamglow, you'd have a year worth of this mask (and that's if you're using it 2-3 times a week).

I highly recommend this mask, especially for anyone that has combination skin that is oily in areas yet dry in others, has problems with uneven skin tone, large pores prone to blackheads, dehydration, fine lines, loss of elasticity, hyperpigmentation, or those that hope to avoid those things in the future.

on 9/7/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Bought this for about $12 on Amazon. I have dry and extremely sensitive skin, but this mask did not irritate it at all. It felt very gentle and sort of minty/cooling (but not in a painful way) going on. I kept it on for about 15 minutes and then rinsed off - love how easy the rinse is. A hate when masks get stuck on your face when dry and make a mess in the sink when you try to get it off. I splashed water on my face for a few minutes and was pleasantly surprised when I opened my eyes to find my face totally clean!

Now, the impact of the mask. I wouldn't say that the difference is huge. But my skin felt nice and soft, a little more even-toned, and I swear the pores on my nose looked smaller or faded. For $12, a mask that doesn't irritate my skin is good in my book. As other reviewers have noted, the amount of mask you get isn't a lot (the squeeze tube that it comes in is NOT full) but I still like it enough that I'll probably repurchase.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/18/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Having loved the scrub version of the cell stimulating line, I thought I would enjoy this mask, but it did absolutely nothing which is surprising because if you compare the ingredients, it is almost identical to the scrub minus 2 or 3 ingredients. It's a smooth green jam like consistency that dries in about 10 minutes. There's no tightening effect (or really any effect, immediate or long term) like many other wash off masks. It foams when you wash it off, and it doesn't leave a residue behind. I used it about once or twice a week and the tube lasted me about 2 months. I picked it up at Whole Foods for $15 when it was on sale. For reference, I have sensitive, oily acne prone skin.

on 11/4/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product online when it was on sale, and to be honest, I would never buy it at full price, nor will I buy it again.

First off, the size of this mask is a tiny 1oz. A typical face mask is around 3-4oz so I was definitely very surprised by how small it is. It comes in a flip cap squeeze tube, which is wonderfully hygienic which I'm thankful for, because products chock full of actives tend to deteriorate much faster, so the packaging definitely needs to minimize the amount of bacteria that will be able to get into the product. The product itself is dark green, but sheers out on your face to give you a green tint all over. It dries quickly, but unlike many other clay-based masks, it doesn't crack on your face when it dries. Washing it off is a breeze as it foams up when in contact with water, which is great,

So really, it is a good product. Only that I must be sensitive to one or more ingredients, because every time I have used it, my face has turned bright red, and I need to whip out my arsenal of soothing creams to bring the redness down. I initially thought the warming of my face were my cells being 'stimulated', which I guess they were, but resulting bright red face is just not very fun to deal with. I haven't seen any real results either, so the process of 'stimulating' my face has given me nothing but a really scary looking face afterwards. SO BEWARE SENSITIVE SKIN USERS!

A very average mask that I tried because it was on sale. You can can find comparable clay masks for cheaper but they might have ingredients that are all chemicals.

on 5/29/2013 9:48:00 AM

Just like any other mask I've used...with one exception. It rinses off like a cleanser and foams up, which is kinda cool but not worth hunting this stuff down and purchasing. Didn't notice any significant difference in my skin after use.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an ok mask. The clay draws out impurities while the plant oils moisturize the skin. The reason I am giving it only two lippies is that it irritated my sensitive rosacea prone skin.

Popular Masks