Nuxe Prodigieux le parfum

Nuxe Prodigieux le parfum
Prodigieux le parfum

on 5/13/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a sample that I pulled out because, well it's almost the season. I prefer the oil which has a more subtle scent, by a small margin. But, truthfully, I wouldn't go out of my way for the oil either. The perfume has a dinstinct floral opening that is a bit synthetic and sharp and loud. There is also more than a hint of citrus. ( I am not a fan of Nuxe's rendition of citrus, in fact I eventually tossed its acclaimed honey lip balm because the citrus irritated my lips). I should also say that in general I am not a fan of orange blossom or white floral either. This perfume has a big personality and lasts. The dry down is eventually a beach type scent that I personally would not reach for much and don't find office friendly. My DH does like this, but thankfully there are many scents we both can agree upon. My review is not the norm; most MUA reviews seem to love it and the review of Expatbeauty below is particularly informative.

on 1/19/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I do love this got it on sale, the staying power is nil...hence the 3 star rating. Boo, it smells like summer in a bottle.I would wash in this but its too expensive for that. Suppose laying would help but the oil isn't cheap either.

on 10/11/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got a small sample, was not impressed when first applied. Smelt like something you put in your closet to repel moths. But after 15 mins or so. Heaven. Love it. Like a cuddle in a bottle. I see it is mentioned as a summery fragrance, which I can see. But I have just bought a bottle and plan on wearing it through the Autumn and Winter. Really lovely gentle smell. It smells luxurious, not at all overpowering, and as my nose is still in the honeymoon stage, I can smell it all day. I have just bought the oil where the perfume originated from. I am going to be soft and smelling delicious all winter long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Those who know the oil, know how this smells. For those who don't I would describe this as warm, summer, monoï, beachy, suntan oil. Lasting power and sillage are moderate. Though sometimes I can smell this the whole day and other times I need to reapply often. I think it's best to wear on hot summer days and nights because the heat will bring out the scent on your skin. Like it, not loving it and not sure if I would repurchase.

on 6/15/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Summer is my least favorite season. I simply don't understand how oppressive heat, humidity, mosquitos and sun damaged skin bestow joy. I'm proud to say I live for 4 feet of snow and 5 hours of sunlight. That said, I'm also a huge fan of heady fragrances, however, they just don't translate well in 98 degree summer heat. I was searching for a summer scent that didn't smell like rotting watermelon, citrus or coconuts. I found my scent here. I reckon what sold me is the popularity this scent has with french women. Negative stereotypes aside, french ladies understand fragrance and for me the only houses to buy from are Guerlain, Dior or Goutal. This is an elegant and refined summer scent that embraces you and pulls others in to you. Humidity enhances this scent which has traces of suntan oil and florals. But, this isn't flowery. The bottle is golden, streamlined. My only gripe is on me this has zero endurance, however my chemistry is famous for neutralizing all but the strongest of scents. I keep this in my pocketbook and spritz often. If you despise frivolous scents this you will like.

I'm a big fan of the oil, and so this fragrance is a dream come true. The scent reminds me of summer and fresh showers. It's a clean tropical scent, with lots of white flowers, monoi,vanilla, coconut and other precious ingredients. There have been a lot of complaints about the longevity. I agree that after a few hours I only sense traces of it, a lot has faded. This is normal, because the scent clearly states that it isn't photosensitive... which means it lacks a classic perfume composition. That's why it's safe to wear it when sunbathing, it won't stain your skin. I don't mind refreshing the scent during the day, as I carry the 30ml bottle in my purse. I love the freshnes and don't mind showing of the classy bottle!

I love the whole Prodigiuex line, so naturally I bought the perfume! If you like monoi oil, you'll like this scent. Moderately long-lasting and perfect for any season.

on 7/24/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

There isn't much I can say about this perfume except that the scent resembles that of it's namesake oil. I couldn't say it smells exactly like the oil as it doesn't and leans more towards the scents of sun screens. This perfume also doesn't have a great lasting power so for this I think it should be cheaper. If you like the scent, however, this is a nice alternative to using the oil. You can also sometimes find gift sets with the oil and perfume together for a cheaper price.

on 10/27/2012 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is the perfect suntan oil scent a la copper tone. but more complex. It smells close to the oil version but is, again, more complex.

This scent is very powerful and lasts a very very long time. I am wearing this in the Fall season and loving it for it's warmth.

The review prior to mine does an excellent job in explaining the notes, etc and so I will not repeat...but I do think this is a wonderful addition to any collection and I'm not aware of any other scents like it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* Product - Nuxe Prodigieux Le Parfum

* Review - Rarely does a beauty brand create a fragrance based on the fragrance of their skin care or body product but Nuxe has done it! Nuxe has created a perfume based on their best-selling multipurpose dry oil, Huile Prodigieuse. This new scent was developed by famed perfumer Serge Majoullier, who also developed the scent for the multipurpose dry oil and is the nose behind Verdon (LOccitane), Armani Prive La Femme Bleue (Giorgio Armani), Womanity Eau pour Elles (Thierry Mugler), among others. Given the cult status of the multipurpose dry oil, the Prodigieux perfume has been flying off French shelves since its debut just last month in May 2012. I absolutely adore the Huile Prodigieuse so needless to say, I was very eager to try out the perfume. I am here now pleased to report that this fragrance does not disappoint. This perfume really does capture the scent of the Huile Prodigieuse faithfully, as it imparts the moods associated with summer: glorious sun, swaying palm trees, soft white sandy beaches, calm blue sea on the horizon and of course, sexy romance. Even the Nuxe Prodigieux le parfum French TV spot featuring the song, Quest-ce que a peut faire? by Benjamin Biolay in the background perfectly captures the essence of this sexy summery fragrance. Brilliant!

* Packaging - It's packaged in a nice, amber gold box that's the same design as the bottle itself. The slim glass square bottle measures approximately 6 in. / 15 cm. in height (including sturdy gold cap). The glass bottle feels good to handle, not flimsy nor cheap The glass is amber gold and it's elegantly simple, similar to the bottle design of the Prodigieuse oil. And the spray imparts a fine, even mist each and every time.

* Fragrance Notes - The perfume is a sunny fragrance with top notes of citrusy bergamot, mandarin and floral and sparkly orange blossom. At the heart, the velvety floral bouquet of rose, gardenia and magnolia flourishes as the middle notes. Base notes are vanilla and coconut milk.

* Note - Although the official name of this is Prodigieux le parfum, this is actually characterized as eau de parfum. It doesn't wear as as long as a true parfum would be expected to wear on the skin.

* Tips - To achieve a longer lasting fragrance effect, I like to layer on the Prodigieux fragrance. I first apply the Huile Prodigieuse, wait a minute or two to allow the skin to absorb it fully and then I spritz on the Prodigiuex perfume. Doing this ensures that the fragrance lasts a bit longer.

* Ingredients - Alcohol denat, parfum / fragrance, aqua / water, benzyl salicylate, linadool, limonene, citronellol, geraniol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, citral [N2205/A].

* Price - 45 (50 ml. / 1.6 fl. oz. bottle). As of the date of this writing, this is currently available only in French pharmacies and parapharmacies or online via the Nuxe France official website. Available in-stores internationally beginning January 2013 (or so I was told by the pharmacienne in Paris).

* Verdict - Im so glad to have this divine scent to enjoy this summer 2012 and I think that fans and devotees of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse will be very pleased with the Prodigieux perfume. A very lovely, summery addition to my fragrance collection. Recommended!

Popular Fragrances