L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black
Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest BlackInfallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest BlackInfallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest BlackInfallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

4.2

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-): CI 77491, CI 77492, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica

on 8/23/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily skin, I do not recommend this eyeliner. By the time I get home from the end of the school day, the eyeliner is all over my bottom lash line, regardless of whether or not I tight-line my upper lash line. It is smooth, but I would recommend Tony Moly's Backstage Gel eyeliner for it is far silkier and easier to maneuver. I would not buy this eyeliner again.

on 7/11/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Story time! I'm a TOTAL eyeliner n00b and I hate applying it because I'm so bad at it. I've tried gels, hard pencils, soft kohl pencils, liquid pens -- you name it, I've tried it. I've been curious about tightlining for the longest time, but I'm just too lazy to do the Laura Mercier creme liner + activator, so I added the L'Oreal Infallible to my Ulta order after some board searches.

Uh, what? I LOVE this eyeliner. I applied it one evening after feeling particularly ambitious, and I ROCKED it on the first try. Tightlining is a game-changer, y'all! I used the included brush which works fine for now as I'm still refining my technique, but I'll get a better one later. Also, this liner lasts on my tightline all day, doesn't transfer or smudge, and one last hell yes for "so darn easy to apply"!!! I remove it with the Fresh eye makeup remover and it comes off with a minimum of harassment to my eye area: very important!

If you're a n00b and think pencils and liquid pens totally suck, you should give this baby a try...it's drugstore so you'll only be out a couple bucks. My only caveat is that I personally don't think this liner would be great for a wing or a cat-eye unless you have a super-precise brush...as in, not the included brush. I do enjoy that the liner comes with a brush, so +1 to L'Oreal for not assuming you have a brush!

Now that I'm drinking the tightlining kool-aid, I would love to experiment with the MAC Fluidlines and the Bobbi Brown gel liners...but I will definitely, definitely be repurchasing this L'Oreal liner.

To Read all 155 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/2/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smudges on my within an hour. I don't even have oily lids. And I always apply eyeshadow primer and set with powder. Even my non-water proof liquid liner doesn't smudge but this does. Returned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great gel eyeliner.

It is so smooth and creamy. I use this everyday for a crisp, sharp, winged-eyeliner look. I never have any issues with smudging or flaking because I always prime my eyes with either foundation or Urban Decay's primer potion, and I have very oily eyelids.

The brush that it comes with is not my favorite. I use my own angled-eyeliner brush from Joe Fresh for $10 CAD, which is flexible and soft. I think the brush really makes a difference in your application. The brush is what makes the eyeliner opaque. You need to be able to pick up the right amount of product in order to apply it to the opacity that you desire.

The packaging is very sophisticated. I personally like the gold lid, because it just looks more professional.

This gel eyeliner is very comparable to the Clinique brush on cream liner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

GREAT liner, especially for the liner challenged. Easily buildable, smooth, and creamy. Pretty long lasting, but you have plently of time to play before it sets. Not too difficult to remove either with either a makeup removing cleanser (balm, oil, or classic cream cleanser that is safe to use on the eyes) or true eye makeup remover.

And it is a dense color. I use the black shade only,, though, and would never need another color, so if there's a difference in the pigmentation or in the quality of wear of this product among the shades, I would not know.

My possible complaint may be the brush. I find it too short and thick to get in the very innermost corners of the eyes, but that could be my liner-challenged self. Want to try a more professional brush with a longer handle and thinner tip and see what that does.

But this is great for cheating a fuller upper lashline and doing flicks. Would recommend and repurchase. Just will also want to see if a change of brush will further enhance the capabilities and ease of use of this product,

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeliner. Most eyeliners that are this smooth smudge horribly during the day, but this one lets me make wings that set pitch black and stay put. I use it with my RT silicone liner brush, and it is very easy to use. I just have to be careful not to scrape up too much product in one go, because it is a very smooth gel.

on 3/25/2016 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If the airline has ever lost your luggage, you might know the pain of realizing that your makeup was not in your carry-on bag after all. Your cosmetics are circling around a carousel in Dallas/Fort Worth, but you landed in Chicago to stay with cousins. The Baggage Agent tells you that your suitcase will be delivered to you in a day or two. For that delay, it's not worth replacing all the makeup you packed, especially not the high end stuff. But you know you'll be photographed. So you stop at a drugstore and grab a few cheap things so you don't look like crap in all the family pictures. Luckily, there is an eyeliner for under ten dollars that will survive a day of sight-seeing, a rehearsal dinner, a wedding, and even a funeral. It's this one.

PROS:

1. Really lasts all day and into the evening. In the morning, if I apply this to my upper lashline, even the fussy inner third of my eyelids close to my tear ducts, this line will persist until I wash my face.

2. Comes with a brush. It's nice that they don't assume you already have one.

3. This formula is more tenacious than Tarte's or Maybelline's. The Tarte Amazonian Clay one was smudgy and rubbed off easily. L'Oreal's gel lacquer is definitely on par with Bobbi Brown's ink pots.

4. It is significantly cheaper than Bobbi Brown's gel liner; I paid around $8 for this (brush included).

5. If black is your color of choice, this is a dark bold black.

6. No burning, itching, or other signs of irritation from this.

7. Readily available. You can find this at most drugstores across the Continental U.S.

CONS:

1. I can't use this to tightline the inner rims of the eyes or waterline because it will migrate onto my contact lenses and blur my vision until I take my lenses out. So I apply to the upper lashline, and use a pencil on the lower lashline.

2. If you rub your eyes hard, this will smudge a lot. Tears must be dabbed gingerly with a Kleenex.

3. Although I'm glad a brush is included, it's not my favorite shape for applying gel eyeliner; I prefer the shape of Shu Uemura's 2R brush.

4. While Bobbi Brown offers an impressive range of colors in her ink pots including fun shades like violet and ivy, L'Oreal has only a few predictable shades.

5. L'Oreal is not a cruelty free brand.

TIP: If you have trouble removing this at night, and you don't have eye makeup remover, some olive oil from your cousin's spice cabinet will get this off.

INGREDIENTS:

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isodo-Decane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trieth-Oxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Tin Oxide. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]. FIL D52660/2.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the first gel liner I've ever purchased, but while I have nothing to compare it to, I absolutely love it! It lasts all day, I love the brush it comes with, and it will stay without budging on my oily lids even without primer. I love it to smudge under my eyes too when I'm going for a more dramatic look and I love the fact that it doesn't feather out like a liquid liner would. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the price, but I'm just cheap. All in all, a great liner!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had to update this review because this product started transferring like crazy. Now that it's allergy season it's started collecting in my tear ducts and running from the corner of my eyes like black tears. Not happy about it. I definitely don't recommend using this in your waterline at all if you do have watery eyes because the wear is truly awful doing that!

I recently noticed my two year old jar of MAC Dipdown fluidline drying up and becoming difficult to use, so with a sad sigh I tossed it and went on the hunt for another gel liner. I've been trying to spend less lately, and a thrifty friend of mine suggested this particular eyeliner. I'd always sort of been intrigued since L'Oreal makes very nice quality things and I'm rarely disappointed by them - I'm very happy that is true for this newest purchase as well.

I bought the shades Espresso and Dark Slate. Dark Slate is very subtle on my brown eyes and is probably the kind of shade I'd reserve for more "modest" occasions since it's got impact, but is nowhere near dramatic. Espresso is the shade that's got me excited. I thought it'd be similar to Dipdown, but it isn't; it's even better. It's pretty much a dupe for Bobbi Brown's gel liner in Caviar Ink (which I adored the color of, but hated how dry and unforgiving the formula was). Even better is the fact that this gel eyeliner is so creamy, so easy to work with, and so pigmented. When I run out of my Blacktrack pot I'll definitely be getting the black L'Oreal eyeliner instead. I used to be one of those MAC addicts so I always feel kind of giddy whenever another product impresses me even more.

I only got to test it on my oily eyelids for about four hours, but there was no creasing at all and usually with every other formula I do start getting creasing around that point, so that was promising. (I had no primer on underneath, just a thin layer of translucent powder). And can I just say I *love* the little brush that comes with it?? It's the perfect shape for getting my ideal eyeliner style on my hooded lids. And it's so cute and portable, not to mention the packaging of the eyeliner itself feels very nice and classy. I would say I'm pretty skilled at makeup application in spite of having my days where I struggle with eyeliner, but now I know I won't anymore. Not sure how L'Oreal has secured such a foolproof and amazing formula but I give them an A+++ for it.