L'Oreal Paris Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black
Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest BlackInfallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest BlackInfallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest BlackInfallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

4.2

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-): CI 77491, CI 77492, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

L'oreal gave me hope for gel liners again after Rimmel made me want to ditch them forever.

I'm currently using the brush that comes with it, and so far it's okay. I may invest in a more precise brush if I want to get extra sharp wings sometime. The lines I get with this are solid and look decent most of the day. I have oily lids, so by the end of the day the liner looks less solid. I expect that with most liners though. Overall, it's decent for the price and doesn't seem to get gummy or dry even after having it a couple of weeks. I may try Loreal's other liners sometime, but right now I love this :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am generally not a huge fan of gel liners, I've tried both high end and drugstore cult favorites and I've found them all to be drying, clumpy, and not very pigmented but I actually like this! This was left home by a sister that moved out so I figured I'd try it and I was pleasantly surprised at how creamy and black it was, and it lasts all day without smudging. I also like how it won't flake off if you add more product, this was my biggest gripe with Bobbi Brown.

I'm taking a lippie off for the fade factor, the intensity of the black noticeably fades after 4ish hours. I still have a defined line but it's more of a grey black

I am so glad I tried this eyeliner out - it seems like a lot of people from YouTube are raving about this. As a gel liner junkie I simply had to give it a shot and I have to say that it does not disappoint.

First of all I love the packaging. Very classy clear glass jar with gold lid. It is a bit pricy for drugstore brand so I would definitely wait for a sale. The liner itself goes on smooth and dries down to a beautiful matte black and does not budge. Too bad they didn't have a waterproof version so I took one lippie off.

Another pleasant surprise is the brush it came with. It actually performs really well and very thoughtfully comes with a cap - I think all eyeliner brushes should come with one.

Will definitely recommend and repurchase and hopefully they come out with a waterproof version.

on 3/16/2017 12:47:00 AM

I am surprised people comment that it transfers for them over the day, given I really have to rub to remove it with micellar water after 10 hours. I have non oily lids. I can barely even manage to correct it if I make a mistake. It is very dark in colour, dries quockly, and won't budge for me. I don't use the included brush and picked up an Elf angled brush instead. I was hoping this would be easier to apply than a liquid pen, but so far it isn't.

on 8/23/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily skin, I do not recommend this eyeliner. By the time I get home from the end of the school day, the eyeliner is all over my bottom lash line, regardless of whether or not I tight-line my upper lash line. It is smooth, but I would recommend Tony Moly's Backstage Gel eyeliner for it is far silkier and easier to maneuver. I would not buy this eyeliner again.

on 7/11/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Story time! I'm a TOTAL eyeliner n00b and I hate applying it because I'm so bad at it. I've tried gels, hard pencils, soft kohl pencils, liquid pens -- you name it, I've tried it. I've been curious about tightlining for the longest time, but I'm just too lazy to do the Laura Mercier creme liner + activator, so I added the L'Oreal Infallible to my Ulta order after some board searches.

Uh, what? I LOVE this eyeliner. I applied it one evening after feeling particularly ambitious, and I ROCKED it on the first try. Tightlining is a game-changer, y'all! I used the included brush which works fine for now as I'm still refining my technique, but the brush is working pretty well so far. Also, this liner lasts on my tightline all day, doesn't transfer or smudge, and one last hell yes for "so darn easy to apply"!!! I remove it with the Fresh eye makeup remover and it comes off with a minimum of harassment to my eye area: very important!

If you're a n00b and think pencils and liquid pens totally suck, you should give this baby a try...it's drugstore so you'll only be out a couple bucks. My only caveat is that I personally don't think this liner would be great for a wing or a cat-eye unless you have a super-precise brush...as in, not the included brush. I do enjoy that the liner comes with a brush, so +1 to L'Oreal for not assuming you have a brush!

Now that I'm drinking the tightlining kool-aid, I would love to experiment with the MAC Fluidlines and the Bobbi Brown gel liners...but I will definitely, definitely be repurchasing this L'Oreal liner.

EDIT 12/16/16: I've purchased the Sephora #32 Tightline brush to tightline with, and it's MUCH better than the brush included with this eyeliner. See my review! :)

EDIT 6/9/18: Gel eyeliner has gotten too fussy for me, so I never use this product anymore -- I prefer liquid and pencil liners. I still recommend it though!

on 7/2/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smudges on my within an hour. I don't even have oily lids. And I always apply eyeshadow primer and set with powder. Even my non-water proof liquid liner doesn't smudge but this does. Returned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great gel eyeliner.

It is so smooth and creamy. I use this everyday for a crisp, sharp, winged-eyeliner look. I never have any issues with smudging or flaking because I always prime my eyes with either foundation or Urban Decay's primer potion, and I have very oily eyelids.

The brush that it comes with is not my favorite. I use my own angled-eyeliner brush from Joe Fresh for $10 CAD, which is flexible and soft. I think the brush really makes a difference in your application. The brush is what makes the eyeliner opaque. You need to be able to pick up the right amount of product in order to apply it to the opacity that you desire.

The packaging is very sophisticated. I personally like the gold lid, because it just looks more professional.

This gel eyeliner is very comparable to the Clinique brush on cream liner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

GREAT liner, especially for the liner challenged. Easily buildable, smooth, and creamy. Pretty long lasting, but you have plently of time to play before it sets. Not too difficult to remove either with either a makeup removing cleanser (balm, oil, or classic cream cleanser that is safe to use on the eyes) or true eye makeup remover.

And it is a dense color. I use the black shade only,, though, and would never need another color, so if there's a difference in the pigmentation or in the quality of wear of this product among the shades, I would not know.

My possible complaint may be the brush. I find it too short and thick to get in the very innermost corners of the eyes, but that could be my liner-challenged self. Want to try a more professional brush with a longer handle and thinner tip and see what that does.

But this is great for cheating a fuller upper lashline and doing flicks. Would recommend and repurchase. Just will also want to see if a change of brush will further enhance the capabilities and ease of use of this product,

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeliner. Most eyeliners that are this smooth smudge horribly during the day, but this one lets me make wings that set pitch black and stay put. I use it with my RT silicone liner brush, and it is very easy to use. I just have to be careful not to scrape up too much product in one go, because it is a very smooth gel.