L'Oreal Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24H - Blackest Black

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24H - Blackest Black
Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24H - Blackest BlackInfallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24H - Blackest BlackInfallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24H - Blackest BlackInfallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24H - Blackest BlackInfallible Gel Lacquer Liner 24H - Blackest Black

4.2

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-): CI 77491, CI 77492, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica

on 2/13/2019 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

While I enjoy using this to draw a dramatic cat-eye flick, I can’t seem to make it work when I want to create a smooth line across my lashline that isn’t half an inch thick. I’ve tried with several different liner brushes but I always end up with an uneven mess. Part of it is because I’m not a natural artist, but I also think that the formula is just a bit too thick. However, it's very pigmented and I love that it’s a matte black. I’ve resorted to drawing a smooth line with a liquid liner pen and filling it in with the L’oreal. While it may not be a perfect product for me, I’ll certainly keep using it until I find one single product that can do it all!

on 2/6/2019 10:21:00 PM

Oh hell no. I am hesitant to give a negative review given how much love this seems to get, but I can't deny what has been happening on my face for the last several days. The oily lid crew might have to make a special review section because clearly the things that work for most, do not work for us.

Firstly, on my olive skin, it's not really that black. More like a gray, which was disappointing. No intensity.

Day 1, I did try it with no primer. I just did a tightline and i ended up with black smears down my face like Alice cooper. And this was before noon. I had to find a bathroom and wipe it off.

Day 2, I used primer. Was bold enough to try a dramatic cat eye. I remember touching my eyelid an hour later and got black stuff all over my hand. It never dries?? A couple of hours after that, all the liner that I had on was gone. Not sure where it went...

Day 3, just a regular Lash line liner with primer and setting powder (which I hate using). It disappeared at some point through out the day. I had no liner on at all. My makeup wipe was clean that night.

As an oily lid person, the only liners that stay on for me ( and I have tried a ton) are milani infinite and Mac liquidlast. I like the physician's formula pen too for casual days - it fades to light gray on me but at least doesn't smear everywhere. I just want to let any readers know that I am very oily, so if you are not, you might enjoy this product. For me - useless.

One positive is that it did not irritate my eyes one bit, even though it smeared all in them :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

L'oreal gave me hope for gel liners again after Rimmel made me want to ditch them forever.

I'm currently using the brush that comes with it, and so far it's okay. I may invest in a more precise brush if I want to get extra sharp wings sometime. The lines I get with this are solid and look decent most of the day. I have oily lids, so by the end of the day the liner looks less solid. I expect that with most liners though. Overall, it's decent for the price and doesn't seem to get gummy or dry even after having it a couple of weeks. I may try Loreal's other liners sometime, but right now I love this :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am generally not a huge fan of gel liners, I've tried both high end and drugstore cult favorites and I've found them all to be drying, clumpy, and not very pigmented but I actually like this! This was left home by a sister that moved out so I figured I'd try it and I was pleasantly surprised at how creamy and black it was, and it lasts all day without smudging. I also like how it won't flake off if you add more product, this was my biggest gripe with Bobbi Brown.

I'm taking a lippie off for the fade factor, the intensity of the black noticeably fades after 4ish hours. I still have a defined line but it's more of a grey black

I am so glad I tried this eyeliner out - it seems like a lot of people from YouTube are raving about this. As a gel liner junkie I simply had to give it a shot and I have to say that it does not disappoint.

First of all I love the packaging. Very classy clear glass jar with gold lid. It is a bit pricy for drugstore brand so I would definitely wait for a sale. The liner itself goes on smooth and dries down to a beautiful matte black and does not budge. Too bad they didn't have a waterproof version so I took one lippie off.

Another pleasant surprise is the brush it came with. It actually performs really well and very thoughtfully comes with a cap - I think all eyeliner brushes should come with one.

Will definitely recommend and repurchase and hopefully they come out with a waterproof version.

on 3/16/2017 12:47:00 AM

I am surprised people comment that it transfers for them over the day, given I really have to rub to remove it with micellar water after 10 hours. I have non oily lids. I can barely even manage to correct it if I make a mistake. It is very dark in colour, dries quockly, and won't budge for me. I don't use the included brush and picked up an Elf angled brush instead. I was hoping this would be easier to apply than a liquid pen, but so far it isn't.

on 8/23/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily skin, I do not recommend this eyeliner. By the time I get home from the end of the school day, the eyeliner is all over my bottom lash line, regardless of whether or not I tight-line my upper lash line. It is smooth, but I would recommend Tony Moly's Backstage Gel eyeliner for it is far silkier and easier to maneuver. I would not buy this eyeliner again.

on 7/11/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Story time! I'm a TOTAL eyeliner n00b and I hate applying it because I'm so bad at it. I've tried gels, hard pencils, soft kohl pencils, liquid pens -- you name it, I've tried it. I've been curious about tightlining for the longest time, but I'm just too lazy to do the Laura Mercier creme liner + activator, so I added the L'Oreal Infallible to my Ulta order after some board searches.

Uh, what? I LOVE this eyeliner. I applied it one evening after feeling particularly ambitious, and I ROCKED it on the first try. Tightlining is a game-changer, y'all! I used the included brush which works fine for now as I'm still refining my technique, but the brush is working pretty well so far. Also, this liner lasts on my tightline all day, doesn't transfer or smudge, and one last hell yes for "so darn easy to apply"!!! I remove it with the Fresh eye makeup remover and it comes off with a minimum of harassment to my eye area: very important!

If you're a n00b and think pencils and liquid pens totally suck, you should give this baby a try...it's drugstore so you'll only be out a couple bucks. My only caveat is that I personally don't think this liner would be great for a wing or a cat-eye unless you have a super-precise brush...as in, not the included brush. I do enjoy that the liner comes with a brush, so +1 to L'Oreal for not assuming you have a brush!

Now that I'm drinking the tightlining kool-aid, I would love to experiment with the MAC Fluidlines and the Bobbi Brown gel liners...but I will definitely, definitely be repurchasing this L'Oreal liner.

EDIT 12/16/16: I've purchased the Sephora #32 Tightline brush to tightline with, and it's MUCH better than the brush included with this eyeliner. See my review! :)

EDIT 6/9/18: Gel eyeliner has gotten too fussy for me, so I never use this product anymore -- I prefer liquid and pencil liners. I still recommend it though!

on 7/2/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smudges on my within an hour. I don't even have oily lids. And I always apply eyeshadow primer and set with powder. Even my non-water proof liquid liner doesn't smudge but this does. Returned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great gel eyeliner.

It is so smooth and creamy. I use this everyday for a crisp, sharp, winged-eyeliner look. I never have any issues with smudging or flaking because I always prime my eyes with either foundation or Urban Decay's primer potion, and I have very oily eyelids.

The brush that it comes with is not my favorite. I use my own angled-eyeliner brush from Joe Fresh for $10 CAD, which is flexible and soft. I think the brush really makes a difference in your application. The brush is what makes the eyeliner opaque. You need to be able to pick up the right amount of product in order to apply it to the opacity that you desire.

The packaging is very sophisticated. I personally like the gold lid, because it just looks more professional.

This gel eyeliner is very comparable to the Clinique brush on cream liner.