Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation
Clean Finish Matte, Rimmel London

3.3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation was super weird. The color oxidizes quickly and made my skin look orange and it did not blend easily. It went on patchy and tended to roll off the more I tried to blend it in. The price was great but definitely not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this foundation at all super thick the color made me look orange it oxides on my skin and made my skin oily I don't recommend at all

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HG drugstore foundation! I wear NC35 in Mac and 340 Nude is a perfect match. Most drugstore foundations tend to have cool/pink undertones so I was surprised when I stumbled upon this gem. I have been using this for over 6 months now and love it. I set it with Rimmel translucent powder and it lasts all day. Because I have oily skin, particularly in my t-zone, I do need to blot once or twice during the day but that is fine with me. Some foundations tend to make me more oily but that's not the case here. I recently got my friend hooked on this foundation as well. Unlike me, she has dry skin and she too is in love. My dry-skinned girls, I believe they have a regular clean finish as well (not matte) but I haven't tried that one. If you like the matte look though pick this one up but don't forget to moisturizer first. For the price (I believe it's under $5 at Walmart), you can't go wrong..try it out!

I kid you not, I purchased this at Walmart for $1.50cnd! I got it in the color 340 nude and it is a perfect match. I have extremely yellow undertones and this is the only foundation from the drugstore that matches me perfectly. I am about an NC30-35 in Mac. It is very matte and doesn't settle in lines or pores as much as other foundations tend to do on me. I adore it. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I actually really liked this product because of how thick it is and it seems to help hide my blemishes better. The only thing is that it's SO thick that it sets in quick so you've got to act fast! I use two foundations, so I get a more accurate color for my skin tone, and that seems to help it smooth out better. I would and do buy again!

on 12/27/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I went to Walgreens today and found this foundation on sale for ONLY $1.29....I have very sensitive skin, I just started to wear foundation. Currently I am wearing Maybelline Dream Mousse liquid foundation, it looks nice but it makes me break out and itchy sometimes, I do not use it everyday, but most days...I wanted something better!
Anyway, Clean Finish promesses 100% poreless, I dont have large pores, but this makes mine look better. It is been 7 hours that I applyed and it is not itchy or stinging my eyes. The coverage is not great, but works. I bought warm sand and think it looks a bit orange for my olive-pale face. I think I will purchase a lighter shade and mix it...

on 12/6/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

*EDIT* After some experimenting I've discovered that the way I like best to apply this foundation and not get clumpy while still maintaining a somewhat mattified feeling is to spread it on the back of my hand, add 1 or 2 drops of glycerine, spritz with water 3 or 4 pumps, mix well, apply to face with fingers or brush (i like fingers for this one). The glycerine keeps it wet long enough to spread nicely onto the skin and also keeps it from getting overly dry on the skin.**

original post:: I'm very oily and acne prone, so of course I wanted to try this foundation. I'm still very unsure about it and will be updating in future. But this is my first impression::

This foundation is hard to put on. It dries so fast and clumps if you massage it in too much. Various brushes and even fingers all left markings that once the foundation was dry were impossible to smooth out. I am unsure as to whether this was due to my moisturizer, application method, or something else. Primer vs No primer - didn't make a difference. I actually had to moisturize with a bit of almond oil and water in order to get the foundation on in a smooth looking finish, and even then there were still "patches" in the finish.

It does leave a light and dry feeling (even after my almond oil trick), similar to other oil-control foundations (like the Neutrogena SA foundation), and in this regard I find it very likeable. One would not need a powder with this until many hours into the day. However, as i say, I have yet to find a way to apply it that doesn't leave a clumpy mess. Would love to know if someone has a figured this out. ..

on 9/8/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i am VERY picky about my foundation. my skin is super sensitive and acne prone. but i was on a tight budget so decided to give this a try. i LOVE it!! it matches my light skin with olive undertones perfectly. it really is matte and lasts all day if you set with powder. no offensive smell, blotching or irritants. it is awesome!! and under $4! the applicator is super handy. it does dry quickly so blend fast! once it dries it stays put which is great. great buy!!