Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

3.8

on 10/12/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just recently bought this product and it really helped with my oil. I only got some shininess on my nose. The color range is okay but still not quiet my skin tone. Overall this is a good product from the price. I will have to continue and see the results later.

on 9/2/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation after seeing a review on YouTube. I have fallen in love with the matte mousse foundation from Rimmel and thought I would give this a shot since I was almost out of that.

This product has a very strange consistency. It's not liquid, it's not mousse, it's more gel like. There is a spatula that you use to 'scoop' the product out. I got the shades True Ivory and Soft Beige. I went with True Ivory even though it was lighter than I like my foundation to be, but the Soft Beige was way too dark.

When I first applied it I was like "Ohhhhh, ahhhhh" this is freakin' awesome!!! That lasted a hot minute..because it was all downhill from there. It separated on my face and I could not find a shade match - True Ivory was just too light (even with bronzer) I used it with & without various primers & setting powders. But nothing I used made it work for me.

I really really really wished the finish would have lasted because I loooooved it!!! Not fully matte, but more of a natural no-shine (if that makes sense to you) finish. Returned both of my bottles & got a backup tube of the matte mousse.

on 11/16/2012 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was my very first foundation, as I always use a tinted moisturizer, and I really like it! I actually like the scent, it's not at all like the others that smell like paint.
My skin is oily/combo and this doesn't make me oily at all, and I can wear it all day. There is no SPF in it, so I do mix my TM with spf with it if I'm wearing it in the day.

on 10/14/2012 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A fantastic improvement on the original formula.. if the original was a bit to "moist" for you, as it was for me. Same smooth lightweight feel, super easy blending, fantastic paddle applicator, medium coverage. Sets better, no transfer, more of a satin finish, looks very natural, lasts at least 8hrs. A smidge darker than the exact same shade in the original formula, at least for my shade. I would say this is the best foundation available for the price (about $4).. and better than many that cost much more.