Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation
Clean Finish Matte, Rimmel London

2.9

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation was super weird. The color oxidizes quickly and made my skin look orange and it did not blend easily. It went on patchy and tended to roll off the more I tried to blend it in. The price was great but definitely not worth it.

on 3/3/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Color: Looks grayish on warm tone skin, even when I was using a shade darker.
Coverage: None to light.
Formula: Too dry, not bendable.
Smell: Perfume - broke out my skin.
Packing: The glass bottle makes it hard to get the product out. Their is a spatula but it's useless.

+ contains witch hazel which could damage collagen.
Reference: http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/rimmel/_/Clean-Finish-Foundation

on 10/14/2015 2:33:00 AM

I purchased this foundation because I have acne prone skin and the advertising claimed it was wonderful for blemishes and to get skin healthy...
Well, I was disappointed.
I'm not sure if it helps acne prone skin because I only used it twice and that was one time too many.
It separates so easily! Nothing but cracks in the foundation and it oxidizes so quickly!
My face was orange in an hour.
I would describe the look as "volcanic rock"
I tossed it in the garbage.
My advice, pay a little extra and go for the Almay Clear Complexion

This is a terrible product because if you don't immediately blend out the foundation it becomes cracked and hard and even once u blend it out the foundation begins to crack and dry up

on 9/23/2015 10:48:00 PM

This is the worst foundation EVER!!!!! It dries instantly, so it looks super patchy, cakey, and flakey. If you apply extra to a spot or imperfection it has like an orange yellow ring on the side. It basically makes you look like a 3 year old did your makeup. i was so emberassed walking around all day looking the way i did because of this foundation. i was shocked because the regular clean finish always applied smooth and was never cakey or patchy, but i guess there's something different in the matte formula. Anyways stay away from this foundation at all costs!!

on 8/29/2015 5:59:00 PM

Was not a fan of this at all. Super cakey and thick and soooo hard to blend. dries instantly in the patch where u dot it or apply it and will leave an orange ring around that dot. Leaves an orange line on my neck where my skin without the foundation and with the foundation meet. Definitely not worth the money even though its really cheap. I bought mine at the drugstore for less than $5 CAD.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this foundation in 120 Ivory to use for day to day so as to save my Urban Decay Naked Foundation for special events. I purchased for $7.99 Canadian, which was a very good price for the amount of product. I swatched it on my hand before purchasing, the liquid felt very smooth and light. Unfortunately, everything went wrong after I purchased it and tried it out. The shade turned out to be much too orange for my fair skin tone, even though it was the lightest shade available at London Drugs. I applied with a sponge as I find this provides the best coverage, but even building up the product gave me very little coverage for my acne and redness. The product was cakey and did not adhere to my skin, it moved around looked like my skin was dry even though I have no dry patches on my skin at all. I don't know if it is actually a good matifying foundation as I had to remove it right away-it was that bad. I'm going to try and return this foundation and purchase something else.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This foundation has to be one of the worst i have ever tried. I had the ivory shade and with my fair skin, it turned me orange. It clumped and stuck to the worst places. Blend-ability was horrible. The only good thing about was that it lasted a long time. It also had a really weird smell once it was opened, but after a few minutes it seemed to fade.

Literally the worst foundation I've ever tried. One of the lightest colors went on patchy, orange, cakey, and clung to every dry part of my face. As if it could get any worse it oxidized to oompa loompa status. It was an absolutely mess even after immediately applying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I recall being really into the original formulation of this foundation so when I saw a matte version I was excited as my skin has consistently gotten oilier throughout the years. Unfortunately this foundation is just terrible. It is extremely hard to blend from the get go. The formula sets almost immediately upon application meaning you have to blend it super super fast in order to even remotely get decent blendability, however even working quickly it is almost impossible to get even coverage with this foundation.

The next issue is that it is so patchy the coverage just clumps in places and fails to deliver a nice smooth even coverage. I've tried mixing this with other products hoping to alleviate some of the dryness of the overall product as it sets but nothing seems to work to alleviate the patchiness of this product. If you do manage to get some type of even coverage the unfortunate fact of this foundation is that oxidizes easily.

The plus sides of this product are that it is extremely cheap and the packaging is nice. I've always been a big fan of the spatula applicator inside of this foundation. None of that matters though if the product inside is bad which in this case it is.