Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

Clean Finish Matte, Rimmel London

2.9

on 6/25/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Rimmel is my go-to drug store makeup company. So anytime they come out with something new I have to try it. Considering how I liked the Clean Finish foundation I figured I would love this one since I love matte finishes. This is a water base, medium-full (build it up of course..) foundation. I use my elf kabuki face brush to blend this in. I really love it because it's very lightweight and lasts. It takes a about 3 minutes to dry. I also set it with a pressed powder. For only $3.97 at Walmart, how can you pass this up??

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

When I saw this on sale at Target for $2.50, I thought, "what the heck?" and bought it. I have never been a Rimmel fan, but his seemed too good to pass up. When I tried it the next day, I was extremely disappointed. I could not see mug difference in my skin - if anything, my skin dried out and felt very waxy. When I woke up the next day (I removed the foundation the night before), I was horrified to see breakouts all over my forehead! I have never broke out like this before and have not since, so I am convinced that it was the foundation. I returned it to Target that day.

on 8/23/2012 11:23:00 PM

I was pretty happy with this foundation over all especially for the price. Stays on pretty well but you do have to touch up throughout day. However I've been wearing it in the summer and it is beyond humid so considering the environment it actually stays on well. Will Probally hold up better in winter months. The applicator is very handy however can cause you to put to much on so just make sure your not putting tO much on. I find this a good things but others may not it dries very fast on face so make sure u blend right away. I like it drying fast cause it actually means its matte. Things I don't like the lightest colour really isn't the lightest shade plus a tad to pinky. Doesn't star shine free 12 hours and no SPF. I'd definitely recommend to anyone with either drier skin or living in drier climates.

on 9/8/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i am VERY picky about my foundation. my skin is super sensitive and acne prone. but i was on a tight budget so decided to give this a try. i LOVE it!! it matches my light skin with olive undertones perfectly. it really is matte and lasts all day if you set with powder. no offensive smell, blotching or irritants. it is awesome!! and under $4! the applicator is super handy. it does dry quickly so blend fast! once it dries it stays put which is great. great buy!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this foundation. I'm not too big of a fan of the original clean finish, but when I put this on, it stays on ALL day and doesn't let any sort of oil build up. I use the spatula to dot it all over my face and then blend with the ELF powder brush and I get a flawless finish to the point where it doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation at all.

Normally I don't have very oily skin but because i use a lot of acne treatments i have to use a pretty heavy moisturizer and after 1 hour of applying makeup my face is usually very shiny! its an insecurity for me so i decided to try this foundation and it is working out GREAT. I honestly don't have to powder even once all day compared to 10 times a day before. The only down fall is that is exacerbates dry skin fairly bad so I would definitely not recommend this if your skin is not oily! So far no intense breakouts or anything but i have only been using it for a few days so far.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I actually really liked this foundation. It was light on my skin, but it still had decent coverage. I would only recommend this for oily skin though. I've only been wearing makeup for about a year now (started when I was 13, I'm 14 now) and my skin has recently went from oily to dry. This was matte enough that when I had oily skin, it required no setting powder. But, now that I have dry skin, I can't really use this at all. It's okay when it's over Hard Candy's face primer, but my skin is dry with really dry patches on my chin, around my mouth and on the outer parts of my face. This foundation kind of enhances those dry patches on my face. Overall this is actually a really good foundation, especially for it's price range of $4-6, just not for skin as dry as mine.

on 10/14/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this foundation at Wal-Mart for $3.79!! I usually buy the more expensive foundations because I have really sensitive skin and break out easily but this product goes on smoothly and feels soft and clean. I don't have ANY irritations or break-outs so far and it covers great (Its better to buffer it on) and I love the handy little spatula too.I will be doing more product reviews for make-up and baby related items please feel free to visit my blog http://thesouthernjourney.blogspot.com/

on 10/14/2012 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A fantastic improvement on the original formula.. if the original was a bit to "moist" for you, as it was for me. Same smooth lightweight feel, super easy blending, fantastic paddle applicator, medium coverage. Sets better, no transfer, more of a satin finish, looks very natural, lasts at least 8hrs. A smidge darker than the exact same shade in the original formula, at least for my shade. I would say this is the best foundation available for the price (about $4).. and better than many that cost much more.

on 10/18/2012 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $3.79! Such an amazing price for such a great makeup!
COVERAGE: I would say the coverage is definitely light- a light medium. It conceals most of my old acne scarring but doesn't do much for my big red blemishes.
FINISH: This stays true to its name. It has a great soft-powdered matte finish, and I don't even need to set it with powder. It DOES eliminate pores. It also sets REALLY fast. You think Revlon Colorstay sets fasts? Haha, no, the second you are done blending this out its DRY. So, I suggest using a damp brush or sponge to slow down the setting process.
TEXTURE: It is sort of thick and whipped, similar to the Revlon Whipped Creme Makeup, but not quite as decadent. It doesn't feel thick when applied the skin though.
SCENT: Yes, there is a slight scent, but nothing major.
SPF: None
LASTING POWER: This foundation DEFINITELY beat the original in this department. This last an impressively long amount of time. I apply it at 7:00AM and it has barely faded by 5:00PM.
SHADES: I got this in "True Ivory", the same shade as I got in the original Clean Finish. But for some reason, the shade in this formula is a LOT lighter, way too pale for me.This is why I took a lippie off. The shades are funky looking in the jar, but then a completely different color when on the skin. It also does not have a wide variety for those with deeper skin tones.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope!
PACKAGING: Packaging is the same as the original. Little glass bottle, with a plastic spatula connected to the lid to scoop the gelatinous product out. It comes with 1 ounce, which is, considering how little product you need for the entire face, a lot of product.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes, I think I might, in a darker shade :)
FINAL VERDICT: Definitely an improvement on the old Clean Finish! Definitely one of my top 10 favorite foundations.