Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

4.3

on 9/2/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation after seeing a review on YouTube. I have fallen in love with the matte mousse foundation from Rimmel and thought I would give this a shot since I was almost out of that.

This product has a very strange consistency. It's not liquid, it's not mousse, it's more gel like. There is a spatula that you use to 'scoop' the product out. I got the shades True Ivory and Soft Beige. I went with True Ivory even though it was lighter than I like my foundation to be, but the Soft Beige was way too dark.

When I first applied it I was like "Ohhhhh, ahhhhh" this is freakin' awesome!!! That lasted a hot minute..because it was all downhill from there. It separated on my face and I could not find a shade match - True Ivory was just too light (even with bronzer) I used it with & without various primers & setting powders. But nothing I used made it work for me.

I really really really wished the finish would have lasted because I loooooved it!!! Not fully matte, but more of a natural no-shine (if that makes sense to you) finish. Returned both of my bottles & got a backup tube of the matte mousse.

on 3/17/2014 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

ok, this product needs better reviews.

please understand this is NOT FOR DRY SKIN.. no matter what your age.

my skin is normal, and during this season (I am on opposite sides of the planet), it is HOT, warm and humid.

every foundation and I mean the whole roster of HE non transfer* .. they sure as hell do transfer in hot weather*... has dripped/ disappeared and basically makes me look hideous.

I found this little treasure and in my atypical despair, purchased a bottle. LOVE! it's a light ivory and it has been on my skin through thick and hot .. not moving at all. I ran and purchased another 4 bottles.. oh yes, the price let me do this without feeling guilt. I am keeping one in every nook and cranny of my office, house and travel gear. It gives great a poreless finish. I use it over primer -- Hour Glass usually or Stila. Anything works.

Love the spatula -- it's super convenient. And the price.. it ourperforms my Dior Forever.

on 10/5/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not at all sure why this foundation has so many negative reviews. I bought this the other day completely on impulse (well, I had a dollar off coupon, so there was that...) then came home and read the reviews on here. I wore it to work the next day and kept checking to see if my skin was turning orange! First of all, I could tell within about 20 minutes that this was - for lack of a better word - drying, which for us oily skinned girls is a major plus. I have worn it 3 days straight and it is holding my oilies at bay for at least 8 hrs if not longer. Today for example I checked my makeup after 10 hrs and my nose was a little shiny but overall my makeup still looked flawless. I am very fair but I use a small amount and apply it with a foundation brush, so I went a bit darker than normal and it looks fantastic. I always apply a dusting of loose powder over any foundation to help control oil and to give a more finished, polished look. I think for $4 you should give this a whirl, and maybe apply it with a light hand. I'm glad I didn't read all the bad reviews or I never would have tried it! EDIT: True Ivory turned my face ORANGE - right when I put it on. Warm Ivory is what I'd been using and it looks natural, my skin is just getting more pale so I thought I'd try a lighter shade....will be trading it for Nude tomorrow! Ugh. 2nd EDIT: I am still in love with this makeup! Nude and Warm Ivory both work very well for my fair skin, and applying it over foundation with a big soft brush gives me just the right coverage. Controls oil ALL DAY. I'm still amazed. Been using it for about a month.