Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Bought it a little over a yr ago. Evens out my skin, hides hyper pigmentation scars & makes me look younger. I seldom wear it on its own tho, always w/ moisturizer or SPF. I usually break out but haven't from this@ all. I love it. I've sooo much left. Hopefully I can keep it another year. I usually don't do drug store foundation, but this one's fine.

I was hesitant to try it before because I thought it was too cheap (less than $4 at Walmart) but I am so glad I did try it! Light to Medium coverage, has pretty good neutral shades(I wear Nude) and I like that it has that little spatula attached to the cap. Great stuff. And so affordable!

on 3/7/2013 11:37:00 PM

Zero coverage. Didn't do zilch to even out skin tone. And this after having to apply 2x the amount that I use on other liquid foundation brands. Cheap? Sure. But surely that is no excuse to sell a product that does absolutely nothing!

on 12/6/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

*EDIT* After some experimenting I've discovered that the way I like best to apply this foundation and not get clumpy while still maintaining a somewhat mattified feeling is to spread it on the back of my hand, add 1 or 2 drops of glycerine, spritz with water 3 or 4 pumps, mix well, apply to face with fingers or brush (i like fingers for this one). The glycerine keeps it wet long enough to spread nicely onto the skin and also keeps it from getting overly dry on the skin.**

original post:: I'm very oily and acne prone, so of course I wanted to try this foundation. I'm still very unsure about it and will be updating in future. But this is my first impression::

This foundation is hard to put on. It dries so fast and clumps if you massage it in too much. Various brushes and even fingers all left markings that once the foundation was dry were impossible to smooth out. I am unsure as to whether this was due to my moisturizer, application method, or something else. Primer vs No primer - didn't make a difference. I actually had to moisturize with a bit of almond oil and water in order to get the foundation on in a smooth looking finish, and even then there were still "patches" in the finish.

It does leave a light and dry feeling (even after my almond oil trick), similar to other oil-control foundations (like the Neutrogena SA foundation), and in this regard I find it very likeable. One would not need a powder with this until many hours into the day. However, as i say, I have yet to find a way to apply it that doesn't leave a clumpy mess. Would love to know if someone has a figured this out. ..

on 10/14/2012 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A fantastic improvement on the original formula.. if the original was a bit to "moist" for you, as it was for me. Same smooth lightweight feel, super easy blending, fantastic paddle applicator, medium coverage. Sets better, no transfer, more of a satin finish, looks very natural, lasts at least 8hrs. A smidge darker than the exact same shade in the original formula, at least for my shade. I would say this is the best foundation available for the price (about $4).. and better than many that cost much more.