Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation
Clean Finish Matte, Rimmel London

3.3

on 10/14/2015 2:33:00 AM

I purchased this foundation because I have acne prone skin and the advertising claimed it was wonderful for blemishes and to get skin healthy...
Well, I was disappointed.
I'm not sure if it helps acne prone skin because I only used it twice and that was one time too many.
It separates so easily! Nothing but cracks in the foundation and it oxidizes so quickly!
My face was orange in an hour.
I would describe the look as "volcanic rock"
I tossed it in the garbage.
My advice, pay a little extra and go for the Almay Clear Complexion

on 9/9/2015 5:54:00 PM

This was given to me to try for free so I can't complain about the price. The color is in beige I believe but a very warm almost orange beige to be exact. Usually I buy light, fair or in the summer beige but I am never naturally this orange. So thumbs down on color matching....maybe if i tried a lighter one I may like it more. Now my first reaction is...why does it have a spatula....oh because it is so thick there is no way it could be pumped! It dries FAST so thin layers with a sponge or beauty blender work best. It felt oily at first because I wanted to build up a very full coverage. It covers well, doesn't cake around my nose or eyes and does look very matte and pretty after i set it with my photoready powder in a lighter shade to off set the orange. Over all it's ok but i wish it wasn't such a strange shade.

I'm just now writing this but I tried this two separate times. Two separate years. they just don't make a color light/fair enough for me (at least in the USA) it's as simple as that :(

I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation, since I don't like their BB cream and blush. I've been using it for about three weeks and I think I'm in love.

I have combination skin and this gave me no breakout problems whatsoever. I was so impressed that this went out without a shine and gives full, thick coverage. It really does lasts all day, even through my gym workouts. I personally like the smell and the price is hard to beat too.

I use a foundation brush instead of the spatula to apply it to avoid a cakey look. However, it dries really fast, so to avoid the cake look, be sure to blend it well with your setting powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried pretty much every drugstore foundation out there. I have very oily skin and it's hard to find something that really holds up all day and still looks great. This did that for me. I set it with my L'oreal True Match powder in my t-zone and expected that I would have to touch up with more powder later in the day. I barely had any oil break through and only had to blot once during the day and that's excellent for me. I am not a fan of the packaging, wish it was easier to get out which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. But other than that I'm really happy with this foundation so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hey ladies! For those of you that find this foundation too dry, try mixing it with your moisturizer! I do this and love it!! It sort of makes it like a tinted moisturizer. It's oil control properties are just ok, coverage is pretty light. But a huge plus is that I have sensitive acne prone skin and it had not broke me out. I set it with an oil control powder and my skin looks pretty good. Nice price too. I work 10-11 hr shifts and it seems to last all day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HG drugstore foundation! I wear NC35 in Mac and 340 Nude is a perfect match. Most drugstore foundations tend to have cool/pink undertones so I was surprised when I stumbled upon this gem. I have been using this for over 6 months now and love it. I set it with Rimmel translucent powder and it lasts all day. Because I have oily skin, particularly in my t-zone, I do need to blot once or twice during the day but that is fine with me. Some foundations tend to make me more oily but that's not the case here. I recently got my friend hooked on this foundation as well. Unlike me, she has dry skin and she too is in love. My dry-skinned girls, I believe they have a regular clean finish as well (not matte) but I haven't tried that one. If you like the matte look though pick this one up but don't forget to moisturizer first. For the price (I believe it's under $5 at Walmart), you can't go wrong..try it out!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I alternate between liquid and airbrush foundation and decided for my liquid I wanted to try something different than my usual CoverGirl. I've been using this foundation for about 3 days now (#230 Warm Ivory) and I plan on finishing the bottle, but won't be re-purchasing. The formula is extremely drying (a plus for oily skin) so if you have relatively normal skin, or dry, you'll want to avoid this foundation. As far as color matching goes, I can see where some have had issues. There's quite a bit of an orange undertone so don't cake this on too thick otherwise you may look a little Jersey-Shorish. I absolutely would say it DOES help diminish the size of pores.
This only cost $3.97 at Walmart so it's not a total bummer it's not my favorite. If you have oily skin, give it a shot.

when i first got this i used it with out a primer and it was patchy even woth primer some days it seems ro be fine others it does apper a bit patchy along my cheeks but i like it its greatly priced looks nice when nor to much product is used does tend to wear down after about 4 hours in seem a bit oily faced .. ut i like it would purchase again and do recomend it for people with normal skin..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not bad for a cheap purchase. It claims not to break your face out, but it seems anything I put on my face for a whole day clogs my pores. I like the feel and color of this foundation, it made my skin look much better without being too greasy.