L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have pale, pink skin with bright rosy cheeks, and while I've learned to love my skin, I've been looking for something sheer coverage to tone down all the pink. I've tried tinted moisturizers and bb creams in the past, but they've always been too yellow/orange toned, sat on top of my skin and just looked awful. I'd about given up hope for finding something when I picked this up in Fair today. At first I was a bit leery because it comes out of the tube white, but it blended out beautifully. It's the exact perfect color. I used only a small amount so it just toned down the pink in my skin. I think if I were to apply more, it would neutralize or nearly neutralize the color. I have extremely sensitive skin and so far this hasn't bothered me. It feels slightly drying, but I obsessively moisturize and will only be wearing it every once in a while so I'm not too worried about it. Just so thrilled to find something that matches my skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this (in "Light") as a gift, having had zero experience with BB or CC creams to date. I am a medium to full coverage face product kinda gal, and on days when I really don't have time I usually just apply concealer and face powder to look more awake. I never really "got" the whole tinted moisturizer/BB hype, it seemed like one more marketing gimmick that was basically re-packaged light coverage foundation.

This has been pretty easy to use and fits its purpose as a light wash of color to even out my skintone and lessen the look of dark undereye circles, although I still use concealer on top of it. If you're dealing with dark circles, moderate to severe acne or any skin discoloration, this isn't going to be the miracle product that allows you to leave the house with minimal effort and no self-consciousness. It WILL provide a more fresh and even appearance to the skin and work for everyday wear if you're already pretty comfortable with your complexion.

This BB is pretty lightweight, hasn't broken me out and doesn't cause oiliness or dryness, but it has been downgraded a lippie because it does not hydrate the skin as far as I can tell. You will still need to apply moisturizer under this for optimal results. There's no unpleasant odor and the packaging is convenient. If you are looking for a very light coverage BB and don't mind a semi-matte finish, you will appreciate this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This either oxidized or the pigment is poorly matched to my skin tone. Within minutes of application there were orange patches on my face. I'm returning it.

on 3/16/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this in Fair daily for a foundation. It evens out my skin tone, and doesn't look heavy. Love this!

So awesome! I like to draw on my face with it before I blend it in since the tube it comes out of is kinda like a pen (almost?). It makes my skin look flawless, it gives great coverage and it doesn't shine throughout the day. It blends in wonderfully. I can't say enough, I love it!

on 12/2/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally love L'Oreal bases, and like this BB cream. Just like.

The main point against this is it is a shade-adjusting product, meaning it comes out white and the pigments release when you rub it in. I have had a terrible experience with such products in the past, but thankfully the lightest shade, Fair, works well *for me.* However, for anyone who is super fair-skinned, I think you're out of luck, and I'm not sure how the other Light (which I initially swatched in store; WAY too dark for me), Medium and Deep shades fare on darker skins.

Also, this does NOT have SPF (which, IMO, is a must-have for a BB cream), so remember to put on SPF beforehand.

Texture-wise, it has a very dry finish--not matte, per se, but much less dewy than most BBs. On my skin it's fairly good for all seasons, especially since I've found it clings minimally to my fall/winter dry patches. I like to blend it in with my fingers, then buff in with a dry brush if necessary. It has good light coverage, and since I usually require spot-concealing, I haven't had a problem with concealer blending in over top.

I LOOOVE the packaging--anything that comes in a squeeze tube is wonderful, AND this tube has a fine tip so you can be very precise in how much product you want, with no mess involved. The only downside is the tube is completely opaque, so you can't visually tell how much product is left.

Overall: If you're interested, buy this somewhere with a good return policy (that is, if they don't allow swatches) since your shade may not be a great match, and/or keep an eye out for coupons and sales (frequent with L'Oreal)! I won't be repurchasing only because there are other BB creams I want to try; plus, shade-adjusting bases, as I've found, are really hit-or-miss.

I hesitate to say this is my HG of BB creams but...........when I try other BB creams, this one always looks better.

Makes my skin look smooth and covers all my redness from LUPUS.

I look younger and my skin glows, you can't tell you are wearing foundation you just look healthy.

Lasts all day and my skin which is very sensitive to the sun doesn't burn.

The only thing I don't like is the aroma on appliction but that fades quite quickly and wouldn't stop my using this product.

on 3/29/2015 2:34:00 AM

First, let me start by commenting on the sheer stupidity of the beads in this product. They are a total gimmick and add literally no value to it at all -- why not just have the product show its end color to begin with? Other than that, I like the color (I use fair), and the coverage. It blends nicely (probably because you have to break the beads up), but I wish it had spf and was cruelty-free.

on 2/7/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have never in my life ever returned a makup product to the store before. I purchased this in light and on my NC20 skin it appeared very orange. I shook it and tested it and always orange. I thought, hey maybe I can use it as a bronzer but then it just looked too orange! Rite Aid gave me my money back.

on 1/24/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is great for days when I have to get my makeup on fast! It covers redness easily, but blemishes will need extra attention with concealer. I love that it doesn't settle onto my smile lines! It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct, honestly I can't disagree. This bb cream contains vitamin E, which is great for acne prone skin, any skin for that matter! The finish is natural and a bit on the tan side. I just wish this stuff had SPF!!! Also I feel that you get a relatively small amount of product, (it would maybe last a month if used every day) but for ten bucks that's not a huge issue. Overall I would recommend this to anyone with a face!