L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.4

I have been using this for five years now almost daily! I use the lightest shade and it suits me pretty well. It covers most imperfections unless they are big breakouts but that is fixed with a bit of concealer anyway. It looks natural on the skin if blended in properly and does not streak. The only issue is that this does not suit dry skins, it can cling to dry patches of skin and scars. This looks best when applied on freshly exfoliated skin. It mattifies the skin and prevents any oiliness from peeking through.
PROS:
- Good coverage
- Good adaptable color one; shade may fit a variety of different skins
- No chemical scent
- Blurs pores
- Matte finish
CONS:
- 18$CAD is a bit expensive for a drugstore BBcream
- Can cling to dry patches
- Needs to be blended very well into the skin

on 7/17/2016 5:25:00 AM

My older skin can look sallow, so I tried the Anti-Fatigue BB Cream. This is definitely one of the best BB creams I've ever used, but, less is more with this product. If you use a weekly mask regimen, plus use the proper moisture for your skin's 'age', you should have no problem with the product sticking to dry patches as some users have complained.
I don't like heavy makeup in the summer and this BB "Anti-fatigue" cream is perfect over a facial sunscreen. It imparts a healthy glow (you just need a little!) and with a dusting of powder you're ready to head out the door. It lasts and lasts and is non-greasy, unlike many creams. I LOVE it!
No, it doesn't contain a sunscreen, but, if it did, you would have to use much more and you wouldn't get the sheer, glowly skin that is part of its healthy-look attraction Spring for a good sunscreen!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought this product roughly five times already... It has a sheer finish which I find works well because I can use it in the summer when I'm a little tanner as well as in the winter when I'm pale as a ghost. I use the shade "Fair".

The only thing is that I have a lot of red in my skin tone and it doesn't do very much to deal with that, unfortunately. I've learned to deal with it and since it has good lasting power for the price... But be warned: when I say sheer coverage, I really mean sheer.

(Side note: they sell it in green which, as some reviewers have mentioned blends into an orange-ish color. It does nothing for my redness, rather, making me look like I over-did the bronzer, but it is good at neutralizing lip color for a color-true lipstick. It's light enough that it feels like nothing at all!)

I'd say it's not so much for coverage as it is for making you look more finished and glowing, which isn't a bad thing at all!

on 12/13/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few weeks ago because I was out of my aveda tinted moisturizer and wanted to try something new. This is incredibly affordable and a nice product. I like that you can't see it- it's just good skin. I have a few sun spots, very dry skin, some beginner wrinkles (hello, 40). This bb cream works well to blend in the sun spots, doesn't get trapped in the wrinkles, and seems to do no damage to my skin in terms of pore blockage. I bought fair and the color match is pretty good. I may upgrade to another line when I run out of this tube, but it's great stuff for $10.

ETA: except that it turned orange after a few hours, so I had an orange face and blue white neck. Not a good look.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow I am pretty much on my own with this one. It does run dark. First, I bought light because I am NC20-NC25. It was way orange so I exchanged it for fair. It's perfect. It covers my imperfections very well and makes my pores almost invisible. It's very matte on me. I see NO shimmer. Blends quickly and easily. I go over it with pur minerals and my skin looks better than it ever has! Actually fuller coverage than I initially wanted but now I'm in love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It needs to be said that this is amazing. I. Love. This. Stuff.

My little sister used to wear it in high school and swore by it, but my skin, with its acne, oily and red goodness, was not having anything to do with light coverage. Sadly, not much has changed skin-wise.

For reference, I'm NC15, oily, acne-prone, scars and redness.

I began using this as a primer under my foundation. It added a touch of radiance, calmed down any redness so that it wouldn't peek through my foundation, and kept my makeup on. Sweet deal. As a bb creme, I have to say it is wonderful. Light coverage but you really see a difference once you put it on. It's kind of like a "my skin but better," with no trace of makeup whatsoever. I simply set it and go.

I don't know how the other shades work, but light matches me fine because of the whiteness which turns to my shade with "color matching microbeads." The ingredients are far from natural, I can't pronounce anything on the back, and I have heard microbeads are bad for the skin. No breakouts yet, but it's something to watch out for.

The price is a little steep for drugstore. It's $17.00 at my local Shoppers. Not crazy, but it still irks me a bit since it's literally just a light base.

The packaging is sturdy. A simple squeeze tube, so it's also hygienic. Getting product out when it's almost finished is a breeze.

Overall, 4/5 because of the price and the wary ingredients. Everything else is great!

Wow I have a few drugstores BB creams and
Honestly this is actually one of the better ones.
I would wear this on a day that I normally wouldn't wear heavy makeup or on a day I just felt like going a lil on the natural side with minimal coverage. This bb cream and some mascara is my ideal goto look on a lazy day.
Its has light to medium coverage. I believe it's also buildable if need be.. but I use my fingers and apply all over my face and it appears white but while rubbing it soon gets color. I chose Medium. I am not light complected but not dark and it is perfect. It feels a like I put a moisturizer on my face. It leaves my skin feeling soft and definitely evens my skin tone out. I believe this is one of the better of the drugstores brands.

My mother always taught me when I was young to not wear drug store makeup (i used to wear that awful cover girl makeup that made me breakout as a young teenager) So i was a little hesitant on giving this a try. I figured since I had never used BB cream before that instead of going and spending $40+ dollars on one from sephora that I would try a cheap one to see if i even liked the concept. This BB cream will freak you out a little bit when you first try it, it comes out white and has little beads that break open to blend the colour out. I have a lot of blemished but i find when I use this and some concealer my skin looks better then when I put a bunch of liquid makeup on. I have been using this for 2+ years now and have no desire to try a expensive brand. I use Chanel foundation when I am going out and this for my daily routine. If you are looking for something to cover up imperfections this is not for you it is not a foundation at all, it really just gives your skin some colour. As for the packaging I wish this came with a pump I always end up squirting out more then I need.

i bought the shade light.....it should say the shade ORANGE!......comes out white but when blended its just dark orange! definitely will NOT repurchase....will be bringing this stuff back!

I purchased the lightest shade, "Fair". I did NOT realize that this is one of those adjusts-to-match-your-skintone products. Gotta read the fine print next time. These NEVER work for me, but instead alway morph into some kind of dark orange mess. It started off as a pretty good match but only for about 5 seconds, and then it continued to oxidize and get darker and more orange as the day went on. It also had a "gritty" texture that felt very strange and unpleasant to rub in.