L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 6/5/2017 12:56:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product but it oxidized almost immediately and left me a most unappealing shade of Sunkist©. Returned and resumed my search for a worthwhile BB cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I can wear this as foundation. It makes me look naturally perfect, without looking like I have anything on! What is there not to love? As for skin care, I have not noticed any real difference, but the evening of my skintone, the tiny dose of color and the SPF is enough for me. Bought on sale at Walgreens for $8. The tube has lasted well over 6 months. Be careful though, comes out of the tube white, and as you apply it, it "adjusts"to the color you need. The medium color can seem way too orange if over applied. My go-to summer "foundation."

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the texture and application of this product but the "Light" shade of this turned orange on me.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was underwhelmed when I first got this, alone it was adequate but nothing amazing... then I started mixing it with other beauty balms and tinted moisturizers and I absolutely love it for that. It's one of the only actually light/pale bb creams I've found so I use it to lighten other stuff, like Laura Mercier and Nyx which both work great but are too dark for me. I also use it to cut the shine and oily look and feeling down with my favorite bb creams and tinted moisturizers. The effect is just perfect and I'll repurchase as it's become a must have for me as I wear a bb cream or similar in place of heavier coverage foundation 90% of the time I wear a full face.

on 3/5/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for no makeup days if you have uneven skin tone with redness it's super light and goes on sheer but actually gets rid of the redness instantly. I use it to smooth out my uneven red tones

on 8/20/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok this review i just have to write. This product is worst thing that touched my face. Ever. I have oily nw 15 skin and lightest shade was too dark for me ( for some reason i cant find match in any loreal foundation and i dont think i will buy anything from loreal ever). This suff is like putting pure oil on my skin, i looked gray and orangey in some spots,i transferred everywhere,i wiped it away from my forehed in an hour( it was easy to do it too) because of how grasy it felt. horror..

on 8/16/2016 5:34:00 PM

I love this bb cream, it has a smooth light feel to it and light coverage for your face
it starts out white but as you blend it into your skin it bends into your skin and gives a nice glow! like it a lot!

on 6/27/2016 12:38:00 PM

I so wanted to love this as I know a lot of gals recommended it but I just couldn't get past the gritty texture! I purchased this in Deep and it was a good match to my summer skin tone and even had pretty good coverage but it never really felt smooth after setting. I tried it over primer, over sunscreen and by itself. Always the same outcome. Looks like this will be going back to the store for me.

on 1/15/2016 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a runny product that turns orange once blended. I tried adding sunscreen but it only made it a lighter shade of orange. I threw it out and will stick with my Marcelle BB cream which is inexpensive, hypoallergenic and covers better than any regular foundation I've tried.

on 8/26/2015 6:26:00 PM

I was looking for a BB cream because it's super hot and humid where I am, and foundation just melts off my face. This absorbs into my skin really well and doesn't leave that powdery finish that other BB creams I've used have left. The cream sticks and doesn't melt away, bead, or move around when I get sweaty.

It does come out white, so you have to massage it into your skin very well. I didn't notice any color at first, but it seemed to change colors as it settled.

I have combination skin with pink undertones: oily on my nose and forehead while dry on my chin and around my nose. My skin also tends to be really sensitive, splotchy, and I get minor blemishes around my mouth. While this didn't completely cover my blemishes (I didn't expect it to, it's BB cream, not concealer), it definitely covered the redness and evened out my skin-tone as it settled while also moisturizing my dry spots.

It's very lightweight feeling, doesn't make my skin feel overly-greasy, just feels like I'm wearing a moisturizer. I still powder my nose because it's not like this cream is going to absorb any natural oil. There is a slight sun-screen smell to it.

However, it gets four stars because the color selection is awful. My skin is fair, but I'm a bit tanned at the moment, so originally I got light. Had to exchange it the same day. The light shade has an extremely yellow undertone and was way too dark on me. It was a bit shocking. The fair shade has a pink undertone, however, so I feel like it's really hit and miss, and they definitely don't have a shade for everyone. Anyone really fair with yellow undertones or tanned with pink undertones are aren't going to find a shade for them. I can't say if they have the right shades for those with dark skin.

I will re-purchase. If you can find the right shade, I definitely recommend it on days when you want a little lighter "no-makeup" look. I've heard it works as a primer, but haven't used it as such, yet.