L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.6

on 3/5/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for no makeup days if you have uneven skin tone with redness it's super light and goes on sheer but actually gets rid of the redness instantly. I use it to smooth out my uneven red tones

on 6/27/2016 12:38:00 PM

I so wanted to love this as I know a lot of gals recommended it but I just couldn't get past the gritty texture! I purchased this in Deep and it was a good match to my summer skin tone and even had pretty good coverage but it never really felt smooth after setting. I tried it over primer, over sunscreen and by itself. Always the same outcome. Looks like this will be going back to the store for me.

I personally love this product. At first, I really hated it. I had the anti-redness and tried to mix it with the medium shade using a brush... this did not work for me and I forgot about it for a while. A little while ago, I picked it back up and applied it by itself (not mixing with the medium shade) and using my fingers. I definitely think it's pretty essential to use your fingers because the product is not the color of your skin when it is first applied, you must use the heat from your fingers in order to transform the shade. Thats where I think it gets a little tricky. I'm not entirely sure, but I like to believe if you rub for too long applying too much heat, the color can become too dark for your skin. Another thing is I would only really use this product when doing a very natural look. Whenever I try to apply a full makeup look using this product (contouring etc.) it always ends up looking patchy, as expected. If you want to go with a full makeup look I highly recommend using a foundation, as you need a very even canvas for the look you want to achieve. This product is definitely for the minimum. The most I would wear with this product is some concealer (not a lot at all though, because it could look cakey), a little bit of bronzer, and a little bit of blush. Definitely don't expect this to be complete coverage. At first, I really did think it was complete coverage but when going outside it is definitely patchy and noticeable. A little bit goes a long way and looks much more natural. Stays on the skin well, still need touch-ups. Still love this product, always my go-to

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this drugstore BB cream. I am a NC 35 Bobbi Brown 4-4.25. I use about 1/4 of a dime sized amount in Medium. It comes out of the tube white, but once applied it is pigmented with a yellow/golden undertone. It evens me out and adds a tiny bit of warmth. It disappears and looks like bare skin. I have had no breakouts or clogged pores. Keep in mind that this provides no coverage to speak of. What it does provide is a healthy, but not shiny glow. I feel that many DS brands have improved to the degree that I'll never buy high end makeup again.

on 11/26/2015 4:01:00 AM

This is a very nice bb cream. I have tried a few and this is my favorite one. I own this in the shade medium and have not tried any other colors so I can't say whether it runs dark or light. The medium shade however is just that, medium. This is whitish when it comes out of the tube and while you rub it in the beads release the color. No it does not adjust to your color, it is one shade, and I do not know if it claims to adjust. Since it is a bb cream it may fit various shades of people since it isn't full coverage. This covers my redness well and makes me look like i have great skin. Not made up skin, but a: this is naturally how my skin looks. I have acne hyperpigmentation marks and this doesn't cover them, but i don't mind. If you want to cover them use a concealer with this. I never use concealer because i can't find a shade that matches me and the spots don't bother me that much anymore. I guess since you can see my spots it further makes my skin appear like its naturally even and smooth (since there are still some flaws visible). This is definitely not for someone that wants to look super made up, but this makes me feel very good about my complexion. It lasts all day for me which makes me feel lucky.

on 6/27/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I hated this. When I say i hated it i mean i literally HATED this product. Love L'oreal,but if i could step into a ring with them i would because this product SUCKS. First, the smell. Literally the worst a makeup product could smell honestly smells like pee. Secondly, i don't really see the purpose of this product. I guess you could use it for light coverage but its just like putting on another moisturizer. Lastly, you pick your shade and i got medium but it comes out white and it is supposed to match your skin tone on application but it didn't even do that. Also, super enhanced dry spots... no bueno. I give it one lipstick for the tube thingy.

on 6/19/2015 5:35:00 PM

I just purchased this today. I wanted to use a BB cream for the purpose of light coverage of my red areas, and lighten up my acne scars. I got the color medium and its a good match for my skin color. It really does what i wanted it to. It evens out my skin tone, cover the redness, and lighten my acne scars. It's not meant for full coverage, the point of me using this is to not use foundations on days I want to go bare, and the BB cream allows me to go bare with light coverage. I've been wearing this indoors only and havent been outside yet. Based of the reviews about how long it last, I probably put some powder on it before I go outside. I will update it soon.

on 5/14/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for two weeks then on really hot days I really noticed its flaws. Fine white particles would appear in the areas under my eyes, above my lips and on my forehead (sweat gland areas). I could wipe it the white particles off easily but haven't used it again since then. Also I realized it doesn't hold up well for the whole day. It melts off easily and leaves the face a hot mess. Also was not a good match for my NC30 skin tone. I gave it to my mom.

Still on the hunt for a good BB cream for weekend use.

on 4/24/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product feels like such a gimmick, from the pigment beads to the advertising...just everything about it. I wouldn't care if the BB cream was actually good, but it isn't. It provides very, very sheer coverage and has no staying power. This is like the kind of product you give to your five year old when they really want to wear foundation and you really want them not to.

My mother always taught me when I was young to not wear drug store makeup (i used to wear that awful cover girl makeup that made me breakout as a young teenager) So i was a little hesitant on giving this a try. I figured since I had never used BB cream before that instead of going and spending $40+ dollars on one from sephora that I would try a cheap one to see if i even liked the concept. This BB cream will freak you out a little bit when you first try it, it comes out white and has little beads that break open to blend the colour out. I have a lot of blemished but i find when I use this and some concealer my skin looks better then when I put a bunch of liquid makeup on. I have been using this for 2+ years now and have no desire to try a expensive brand. I use Chanel foundation when I am going out and this for my daily routine. If you are looking for something to cover up imperfections this is not for you it is not a foundation at all, it really just gives your skin some colour. As for the packaging I wish this came with a pump I always end up squirting out more then I need.