L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have pale, pink skin with bright rosy cheeks, and while I've learned to love my skin, I've been looking for something sheer coverage to tone down all the pink. I've tried tinted moisturizers and bb creams in the past, but they've always been too yellow/orange toned, sat on top of my skin and just looked awful. I'd about given up hope for finding something when I picked this up in Fair today. At first I was a bit leery because it comes out of the tube white, but it blended out beautifully. It's the exact perfect color. I used only a small amount so it just toned down the pink in my skin. I think if I were to apply more, it would neutralize or nearly neutralize the color. I have extremely sensitive skin and so far this hasn't bothered me. It feels slightly drying, but I obsessively moisturize and will only be wearing it every once in a while so I'm not too worried about it. Just so thrilled to find something that matches my skin!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was underwhelmed when I first got this, alone it was adequate but nothing amazing... then I started mixing it with other beauty balms and tinted moisturizers and I absolutely love it for that. It's one of the only actually light/pale bb creams I've found so I use it to lighten other stuff, like Laura Mercier and Nyx which both work great but are too dark for me. I also use it to cut the shine and oily look and feeling down with my favorite bb creams and tinted moisturizers. The effect is just perfect and I'll repurchase as it's become a must have for me as I wear a bb cream or similar in place of heavier coverage foundation 90% of the time I wear a full face.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this (in "Light") as a gift, having had zero experience with BB or CC creams to date. I am a medium to full coverage face product kinda gal, and on days when I really don't have time I usually just apply concealer and face powder to look more awake. I never really "got" the whole tinted moisturizer/BB hype, it seemed like one more marketing gimmick that was basically re-packaged light coverage foundation.

This has been pretty easy to use and fits its purpose as a light wash of color to even out my skintone and lessen the look of dark undereye circles, although I still use concealer on top of it. If you're dealing with dark circles, moderate to severe acne or any skin discoloration, this isn't going to be the miracle product that allows you to leave the house with minimal effort and no self-consciousness. It WILL provide a more fresh and even appearance to the skin and work for everyday wear if you're already pretty comfortable with your complexion.

This BB is pretty lightweight, hasn't broken me out and doesn't cause oiliness or dryness, but it has been downgraded a lippie because it does not hydrate the skin as far as I can tell. You will still need to apply moisturizer under this for optimal results. There's no unpleasant odor and the packaging is convenient. If you are looking for a very light coverage BB and don't mind a semi-matte finish, you will appreciate this product.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this drugstore BB cream. I am a NC 35 Bobbi Brown 4-4.25. I use about 1/4 of a dime sized amount in Medium. It comes out of the tube white, but once applied it is pigmented with a yellow/golden undertone. It evens me out and adds a tiny bit of warmth. It disappears and looks like bare skin. I have had no breakouts or clogged pores. Keep in mind that this provides no coverage to speak of. What it does provide is a healthy, but not shiny glow. I feel that many DS brands have improved to the degree that I'll never buy high end makeup again.

on 12/13/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few weeks ago because I was out of my aveda tinted moisturizer and wanted to try something new. This is incredibly affordable and a nice product. I like that you can't see it- it's just good skin. I have a few sun spots, very dry skin, some beginner wrinkles (hello, 40). This bb cream works well to blend in the sun spots, doesn't get trapped in the wrinkles, and seems to do no damage to my skin in terms of pore blockage. I bought fair and the color match is pretty good. I may upgrade to another line when I run out of this tube, but it's great stuff for $10.

ETA: except that it turned orange after a few hours, so I had an orange face and blue white neck. Not a good look.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this in Deep from CVS (Why is the color selection so small? It's 2015!) and I was really disappointed.
First, I didn't expect it to have shimmer. Nothing on the packaging implied that it would be shimmery, so I immediately did not care for it, since I prefer my skin to have a matte finish.
Second, for a "deep" shade, it came out really really light. Like, too light. With that the and the shimmer, I thought it was moldy makeup when I first put it on my hand!
Third, when I blended it on my hand, it felt really coarse, but then I read on the back that it has beads, which does not bode well with my sensitive skin. I wasn't going to risk coating my whole face with this.
As a BB Cream, this kind of sucks. BUT! This does work great as a highlighter. I put a little bit on the tops of my cheekbone, and the bridge of my nose. It gives my matte finish just a small hint of a glow if I'm feeling a little sparkley that day. :)
If you're like me and like a matte finish for your face, I'd avoid this. If you want a highlighter to last you an eternity because there's literally 30 milliliters of product, go for it!

on 4/24/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product feels like such a gimmick, from the pigment beads to the advertising...just everything about it. I wouldn't care if the BB cream was actually good, but it isn't. It provides very, very sheer coverage and has no staying power. This is like the kind of product you give to your five year old when they really want to wear foundation and you really want them not to.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff. Possibly my Holy Grail face product. It is by no means what a traditional BB cream, but in my opinion i see it as an equivalent for a foundation. Its great for everyday, and even for formal events since its a product that you can put on your face and trust it to look great without searching for a mirror every hour to check on it. I get hormonal breakouts and the pimple every now and then anyways, plus i have redness around my nose. 1-2 layers of this evens out the skin beautifully and then extra coverage for pimples can be managed with a bit of concealer, resulting in a beautiful natural skin textured look.

Pros:
- The 'Fair' shade is light enough for pale princesses/princes
- Very long-wearing
- Quick and easy application with fingertips
- Light to a medium-buildable coverage (in my opinion)
- Packaging is easy to travel with and dispense the product
- Sits nicely on the skin
- No SPF (pro in my opinion as it makes it great for flash photography)
- Doesn't get patchy or break down from the oils on your skin
- One tube will last you a relatively long time

Cons:
- I find touch ups necessary after 7+ hours for my t-zone; however, it touches up great and you can keep wearing it from morning to night
- Depending on where you buy it, it can be pricy (go to Walmart!!)
- The packaging writing wears off once you've been using it for awhile
- It can be hard to get out the last bits of product
- Gritty texture because of the pigment beads (doesn't bother me, but it could to some [it does smooth out once blended])
- Not the hugest selection of shade colours (but i haven't used any other colour than Fair so theres a good chance the darker shades adjust to various skin tones)
- Need to add SPF on your own if you like to have that on your face
- Sometimes it settles into the lines of your nostrils (but can be easily fixed by blending out with your finger)

I have purchased and used up completely 4 tubes of this stuff, they've reformulated it once shortly after it first came out to make it less gritty and in my opinion the Fair shade also got lighter afterwards.

on 11/8/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this BB cream! (if you can call it that). It's really not a BB cream in the true, Asian sense of the word. It's more like a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very light. It mainly just evens out your skin tone. I love using this as my daily go to makeup when I am just running errands or working (I'm a nurse). It feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all and keeps my oil at bay better than a lot of other BB creams. It says it hydrates on the tube, but I have not noticed much in the way of hydration (which is good for me). I am light olive skin toned and in the summer I wear the color "light" and in the winter I wear "fair." Both have yellowish undertones, with the light color being more yellow, and the fair is more neutral.
I will definitely continue buying this as long as L'Oreal keeps making it!!

on 10/4/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this bb cream! I also love the packaging. Price was also nice, the coverage was great! it covered all my redness it does what it says.The only bad thing was it was a bit dark at first, but I shake it and it was good.