L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the texture and application of this product but the "Light" shade of this turned orange on me.

I first bought this about 3 years ago, loved it, forgot about it when I discovered new products to try and love, and repurchased recently to rediscover how much I loved it originally. I bought it in fair even though I'm usually a light-medium/ natural beige shades in most foundations this does oxidizes a little bit, and does a pretty good job of adjusting to my skin tone, which is why I bought the fair shade, and also runs a bit dark so for those fairer than me, I suggest adding a drop of the lumi primer in this line because it helps to lighten too dark foundations and bb creams. I think it is around $10-$11 so slightly above average. for combo to oily people, it provides decent oil control and also doesn't seem to cling to dry patches too much 4 out of 5 BC there is no spf in this, also BC it oxidizes.

I personally love this product. At first, I really hated it. I had the anti-redness and tried to mix it with the medium shade using a brush... this did not work for me and I forgot about it for a while. A little while ago, I picked it back up and applied it by itself (not mixing with the medium shade) and using my fingers. I definitely think it's pretty essential to use your fingers because the product is not the color of your skin when it is first applied, you must use the heat from your fingers in order to transform the shade. Thats where I think it gets a little tricky. I'm not entirely sure, but I like to believe if you rub for too long applying too much heat, the color can become too dark for your skin. Another thing is I would only really use this product when doing a very natural look. Whenever I try to apply a full makeup look using this product (contouring etc.) it always ends up looking patchy, as expected. If you want to go with a full makeup look I highly recommend using a foundation, as you need a very even canvas for the look you want to achieve. This product is definitely for the minimum. The most I would wear with this product is some concealer (not a lot at all though, because it could look cakey), a little bit of bronzer, and a little bit of blush. Definitely don't expect this to be complete coverage. At first, I really did think it was complete coverage but when going outside it is definitely patchy and noticeable. A little bit goes a long way and looks much more natural. Stays on the skin well, still need touch-ups. Still love this product, always my go-to

I hesitate to say this is my HG of BB creams but...........when I try other BB creams, this one always looks better.

Makes my skin look smooth and covers all my redness from LUPUS.

I look younger and my skin glows, you can't tell you are wearing foundation you just look healthy.

Lasts all day and my skin which is very sensitive to the sun doesn't burn.

The only thing I don't like is the aroma on appliction but that fades quite quickly and wouldn't stop my using this product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't even know how to best describe this stuff other than to say that I wish that I discovered it sooner rather than later. I picked up the shade deep and for super cheap at Target ( it was on sale for $2.88 ). At first I was a little put off by the fact that what came out the tube was not too pleasing to the eyes. Purplish colored cream with these beads that resemble dirt IMO. Once applied on my skin the product just disappeared on my skin. At first I thought "what a joke" but upon closer inspection I did see a slight change in my skin texture and tone....tone more so than anything. My NC45 skintone looked even and bright....not an ashy bright. I used my Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in dim light to kind of set in my t-zone area and it still looked great. After a day of wear I experienced zero oxidizing and I only needed to blot once...but that is a common step for me regardless of what I use so that was no surprise. Its only negative that I can think of is that it does not contain SPF. I don't see myself using this during the summer months when the sun is out in full-force. It did an awesome job at minimizing my pores as well in my t-zone area. I will most definitely repurchase this product and I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue it.

on 2/7/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have never in my life ever returned a makup product to the store before. I purchased this in light and on my NC20 skin it appeared very orange. I shook it and tested it and always orange. I thought, hey maybe I can use it as a bronzer but then it just looked too orange! Rite Aid gave me my money back.

on 11/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

After using this BB cream for months, I'm downgrading it from 5 lippies to 3. I usually wear a very light layer of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, so I am used to light coverage. I think this cream works great for what it is--basically a tinted moisturizer. However, it does not moisturize. I do find that my skin feels a little tight immediately after application, but it doesn't look dry at all and has no negative lasting consequences. It helps to even out my skin tone and I like to wear it during the day on weekends when I am just running errands. The packaging has a very small hole for dispensing from the squeeze tube and I find that I use quite a small amount to cover my face. I have normal skin and while it does not look oily at the end of the day in the winter, it looks greasy in warmer weather. I think that I would rather use Maybelline's Dream Wonder Touch Liquid in place of this for very light coverage.

on 10/26/2014 12:07:00 PM

I was at Walgreens, about to purchase Rimmel Stay Matte Primer when the cosmetics section employee goaded me into purchasing this instead. She issued me with a couple of coupons that resulted in this BB Cream being two for the price of half of one, so I went ahead and selected a Light and Medium. Now, I'm pretty much Medium in every skin cosmetics brand known to womankind, but somehow I am a Light in this range. Go figure.

This BB Cream is evidently one of the more opaque ones and I suppose I am inclined to agree, despite not having tried any of the others (aside from mismatched samples). I have a fair amount of redness and acne scars and while this obviously didn't completely conceal my imperfections, it did help minimize their usual stark appearance. I don't particularly enjoy that this product dispenses white and "transforms to your perfect shade," which is certainly not true. I'm rather yellow-toned and this tends to look quite orangey on me, especially after it oxidizes after an hour or so. I follow up with my usual concealers and they seem to at least play nicely with the BB Cream.

This dries down to a mostly matte finish with provides a bit of lumosity in my T-zone, due to that area's oiliness, which request a moderate dusting of powder to mattify. Lasting powder is so-so, but I tend to touch my face a lot and most foundations are simply no match for my T-zone. Nonetheless, this is a good quick face perfector whenever I'm feeling more inclined to look more polished, but still natural and fresh-faced. I'm sure this would be fine to use as a base/primer for my foundation, but I have yet to use it as such as I suspect it may impart an obviously cakey look.

I typically apply this with my fingers since it is a thinner more workable texture than your tradition foundation. The packaging is at least a hygienic plastic squeeze tube, although an actual pump would have bene better. I probably won't repurchase this after I've used it up.

Went on grayish and had strange inconsistent color. Texture is gritty.
Very light coverage.
Broke out after use.

This is the first bb cream that I have tried and I hated it. I currently use Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin and it has good oil control but is too thick and pore clogging for me. I thought a lighter foundation would be better and I have heard a lot about bb creams so this seemed like a good option. I got the lightest shade (fair) and it was still way too dark (I am about an NC 25). It gives decent coverage and a matte finish at first but it fades away after about 4 hours. Unfortunately this product just did not work for me.