L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have pale, pink skin with bright rosy cheeks, and while I've learned to love my skin, I've been looking for something sheer coverage to tone down all the pink. I've tried tinted moisturizers and bb creams in the past, but they've always been too yellow/orange toned, sat on top of my skin and just looked awful. I'd about given up hope for finding something when I picked this up in Fair today. At first I was a bit leery because it comes out of the tube white, but it blended out beautifully. It's the exact perfect color. I used only a small amount so it just toned down the pink in my skin. I think if I were to apply more, it would neutralize or nearly neutralize the color. I have extremely sensitive skin and so far this hasn't bothered me. It feels slightly drying, but I obsessively moisturize and will only be wearing it every once in a while so I'm not too worried about it. Just so thrilled to find something that matches my skin!

on 2/26/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Fair because the Dream Fresh I've been using was so matte, I was hoping for something that would give a little more dewy effect on my less elastic skin. This was not the product to do that. It actually did give me a flattering effect, it just wasn't the makeup effect I was going for. This product has antioxidant beads that feel kind of like sand as you're applying the makeup. It takes about a minute for your body heat to melt the beads. During that minute, you could pass for an extra on The Walking Dead. After the beads melt it looks much better. It's a soft focus effect, very matte and a little more cool than what looks most natural on me. My skin looked translucent and pale, like an evening primrose petal. If I were still in my alternative days I would have finished off that look with a dark red lip and black eyeliner. Being that I'm no longer going for that effect, it's not quite what I had in mind. I won't buy the Fair again, but I might give the Anti-Fatigue version a tryout.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

the color range is very limited. I wear w7 in the foundation. I am similar to Beyonce or Halle Berry in skin tone and this barely matches in Deep. It has a lot of shimmer, which makes me feel like a kid. I guess that's supposed to *luminize* but it gets on everything and I'm not 21. Medium coverage and doesn't break me out.

on 5/17/2014 8:53:00 PM

This is the first BB cream I've tried and I absolutely love it. I have sensitive skin so I'm very picky about any cream product as they have a tendency to cause bad reactions. This product leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and has never made me break out. I use the "fair" shade and it matches perfectly with my skin and gives my face a lovely warm glow. My only complaint is the lack of spf but I love this BB cream so much I'll most likely stick with it.

on 4/3/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this BB cream for over a year and love it. You don't need a lot to fully cover your face and it hides blemishes, redness, and other unsightly things. It's also lighter than things like foundation so it won't make you feel cakey or gross. It comes off easily at night and usually lasts all day. If I have a pimple or something I usually put something else over it but it is a great base if you want to put something a little heavier on top. I think it's between $20-25 at the drug store but one tube lasts me a long time. On the flip side, you could buy a Clinique bb cream for $10-15 more and I find that works a little better at evening my skin tone but for 20 bucks and for the amount of time it lasts, I have no complaints! I usually moisturize before I put this on so I can't speak to how well it moisturizes, but the SPF is an added plus and it has never dried my skin out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way to dark. I have always had medium to light skin and often have to mix a light and medium BB cream to get my shade, so I purchased both to be safe. But unfortunately even the light runs dark and in turn leaves an orange shade on my skin. I chose to wear it for 7 days because sometimes I just need time to get use to something new and it was so affordable that I really wanted it to work. It was easy to blend and is very light weight which is nice, but nobody wants an orange face and neck. It does last all day, it does not have a strange smell and it does not cause acne. Before I completely give up on the product I will try the very fair shade as a last ditch effort.

on 2/16/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have Magic in fair and light. I sampled light and really liked how it went on and stayed on my skin but it was just a touch too dark so I bought fair (and then later bought light). Fair was too light on my skin. Fair is a thicker formula that holds it's shape when dispensed and can look chalky and make my pores more noticable due to it's lightness and thickness. Light is too runny and just a tad too dark which can make it almost look slightly "orangy" on me. Sounds like the 3 bears and I'm looking for a color that is just right...not too thick and not too runny, not too dark and not too light. LOL

I have combo skin with a couple dark skin pigmentation spots due to sun damage. My skintone is uneven where I have redness on my nose and chin and when my skin is reacting - across my face. I rarely break out but when I do it is either around the crease of my nose or cystic acne due to hormones. My skin is sensitve to products which can result in a rash or acne and I am sensitive to scent which can trigger migraines.

I apply this onto the back of my hand to warm it (something I've done with all foundations as it applies easier for me) and I use my fingers; all other foundations I will use a brush or sponge based on the consistency and how much coverage I'm looking for, but my fingers work best with this product. Yes it comes out white-ish gray and has tiny beads - but I honestly do not "feel" this product as grainy or gritty at all not on the back of my hand, not on my fingers and not on my face (if you have a gritty feel I think you might have a "bad" tube and should take it back for a different one because I've had 4 of these now and none of them have felt gritty/grainy including the sample pack). My routine: Murad Oil Control Mattifier, Magic BB, MUFE hd powder. This blends smoothly over my skin and when I get the two colors blended just right - it looks fabulous. Lasts all day with NO breakthrough oil NO skin sensitivity and NO breakouts!

I'm not sold on this, though, and continue to search for an holy grail bb cream. I have only tried 2 others so far.....Lumene lightest shade bb was chalky and made my pores stand out (I will probably buy and try it in medium) and Tarte bb in light and fair was either too dark or too light and I immediately saw oily/shine come through on my forehead after application and it encouraged blemishes by the end of the day. And my normal foundation before I switched to BB creams was Tarte Amazonian Clay so as we know - all products are not created the same. I really want ONE tube that is the correct color and meets my other foundation needs - I'm sick of blending.

PROS: inexpensive and easy to find (drugstore); coverage is good and buildable; minimizes pores; lasts 10-12 hour days; doesn't get oily looking and dries to a matte finish; dispensing tube is sanitary; no negative reaction to the product (rash or acne); not heavy; no scent; does not feel grainy or gritty due to the color beads.
CONS: no spf; CANNOT FIND EXACT COLOR MATCH; comes out greyish-white; light is runny and fair is thick.

I will keep this in supply until I find something else that meets all my needs in one tube/container. I always buy my drugstore brands from Walgreens so I can return them for my money back and I swap for my high end.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't really do anything for my skin except act as a very sheer tinted moisturizer. I also do not consider this to be a real BB cream in any way. It doesn't last long on the face. The product goes on white, but there are beads within it designed to disperse color onto your face. The shade options provided aren't that great. Plus it is confusing on which one to actually get. I ended up buying two tubes of this stuff in different colors. Both shades oxidized on my face within a relatively short amount of time. It left my skin feeling greasy and simply didn't do anything positive for my face. It has all these fancy claims associated with it. But,in my opinion, it is nothing but a waste of money.

on 10/22/2013 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

What drew me to this product: I became obsessed with BB creams and wanted to try many to find which would work best for me. I have sensitive, fair/light skin, which is mostly dry with an oily-ish T-Zone.

The use:
There are tiny little beads in this grey-toned cream. This is the first BB cream that I've used that has these tiny little..beads. I used the product in the light shade. I was kind of unsure what the beads were for; were they to aid the oxidation process? To semi exfoliate at the same time? Anyway, the application was decent, but the little beads kind of irritated my skin. It was not as liquidy or creamy as other BB creams that I've tried (Maybelline/Olay/Skin79), but kind of a dry/ashy but still a cream feeling? If that makes sense. The thing that stopped me dead in my tracks is that it was too dark for my pale skin. This is unfortunate, because there are only 4 shade options (fair, light, medium, deep). EDIT: and it was fair, so the lightest shade, and still was more of a medium appearance on me.

The pros:
Perhaps decent for some.

The cons:
The fair shade for me was still 2 shades too dark.
The tiny beads hurt my skin, and I'm too hesitant to continue that use.

Overall:
It was too dark despite being the lightest shade; this is ultimately what drove me to looking into asian BB creams, because those tend to be a little more pale.

EDIT: So, tonight, I looked at the tube. I did buy it in FAIR, so it was completely the wrong shade despite being the lightest shade available :( Bummer...

I have this in the shade fair, got it from Rite Aid for around $11, which seemed kind of pricey for the uber thin tube that you got. The tube says there was 1oz of product in there, but it didn't even seem like the tube was completely full so who knows. I still wanted to give this a chance cause I was looking to try a western bb cream after seeing them finally being made here, I've tried a few korean bb's in the past and loooved the concept. I prefer bb creams over any foundations most of the time. But I was somewhat disappointed in this bb. The cream itself comes out in a white paste with these sort of exfoliating looking beads within, that when you rub and blend into the skin they produce color to match your tone or something. The application was a little rough and not so moisturizing, I found it best to apply just with my fingers as I wasn't sure how a brush would do with the beads. The result is truly a naked skin no makeup kind of look, which can be nice. But unfortunately I have some acne marks and bits of discoloration some days that I mostly like something with a bit more coverage. But for the hot days where you don't want to feel yourself wearing makeup, and you dont have much to conceal, this is a good choice.

The bb cream claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct. The priming part might be true, for worser off skin days I liked to use this as a base under foundation and it seemed to hold up fine. Perfecting, I don't know. It just provided a barely there coverage and correction. I definitely did not find this hydrating, it applies kind of roughly with the beads so I always made sure to use a moisturizer before hand.

Overall, for the same price or a little more, korean bb creams gave me more product and seemed to do more for me. So I don't think I'd be repurchasing. I think this was mostly gimmicky unfortunately lol.