L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I can wear this as foundation. It makes me look naturally perfect, without looking like I have anything on! What is there not to love? As for skin care, I have not noticed any real difference, but the evening of my skintone, the tiny dose of color and the SPF is enough for me. Bought on sale at Walgreens for $8. The tube has lasted well over 6 months. Be careful though, comes out of the tube white, and as you apply it, it "adjusts"to the color you need. The medium color can seem way too orange if over applied. My go-to summer "foundation."

on 11/21/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is a luminous product not for my skin type. It does blur out imperfections. This products leaves a white cast on the skin that shows through foundation and powder. This product just did not work for me at all.

on 12/2/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally love L'Oreal bases, and like this BB cream. Just like.

The main point against this is it is a shade-adjusting product, meaning it comes out white and the pigments release when you rub it in. I have had a terrible experience with such products in the past, but thankfully the lightest shade, Fair, works well *for me.* However, for anyone who is super fair-skinned, I think you're out of luck, and I'm not sure how the other Light (which I initially swatched in store; WAY too dark for me), Medium and Deep shades fare on darker skins.

Also, this does NOT have SPF (which, IMO, is a must-have for a BB cream), so remember to put on SPF beforehand.

Texture-wise, it has a very dry finish--not matte, per se, but much less dewy than most BBs. On my skin it's fairly good for all seasons, especially since I've found it clings minimally to my fall/winter dry patches. I like to blend it in with my fingers, then buff in with a dry brush if necessary. It has good light coverage, and since I usually require spot-concealing, I haven't had a problem with concealer blending in over top.

I LOOOVE the packaging--anything that comes in a squeeze tube is wonderful, AND this tube has a fine tip so you can be very precise in how much product you want, with no mess involved. The only downside is the tube is completely opaque, so you can't visually tell how much product is left.

Overall: If you're interested, buy this somewhere with a good return policy (that is, if they don't allow swatches) since your shade may not be a great match, and/or keep an eye out for coupons and sales (frequent with L'Oreal)! I won't be repurchasing only because there are other BB creams I want to try; plus, shade-adjusting bases, as I've found, are really hit-or-miss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It needs to be said that this is amazing. I. Love. This. Stuff.

My little sister used to wear it in high school and swore by it, but my skin, with its acne, oily and red goodness, was not having anything to do with light coverage. Sadly, not much has changed skin-wise.

For reference, I'm NC15, oily, acne-prone, scars and redness.

I began using this as a primer under my foundation. It added a touch of radiance, calmed down any redness so that it wouldn't peek through my foundation, and kept my makeup on. Sweet deal. As a bb creme, I have to say it is wonderful. Light coverage but you really see a difference once you put it on. It's kind of like a "my skin but better," with no trace of makeup whatsoever. I simply set it and go.

I don't know how the other shades work, but light matches me fine because of the whiteness which turns to my shade with "color matching microbeads." The ingredients are far from natural, I can't pronounce anything on the back, and I have heard microbeads are bad for the skin. No breakouts yet, but it's something to watch out for.

The price is a little steep for drugstore. It's $17.00 at my local Shoppers. Not crazy, but it still irks me a bit since it's literally just a light base.

The packaging is sturdy. A simple squeeze tube, so it's also hygienic. Getting product out when it's almost finished is a breeze.

Overall, 4/5 because of the price and the wary ingredients. Everything else is great!

on 1/24/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is great for days when I have to get my makeup on fast! It covers redness easily, but blemishes will need extra attention with concealer. I love that it doesn't settle onto my smile lines! It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct, honestly I can't disagree. This bb cream contains vitamin E, which is great for acne prone skin, any skin for that matter! The finish is natural and a bit on the tan side. I just wish this stuff had SPF!!! Also I feel that you get a relatively small amount of product, (it would maybe last a month if used every day) but for ten bucks that's not a huge issue. Overall I would recommend this to anyone with a face!

I am a very light olive skin girl and this bb cream in the lightest shade is orange!! Holy smokes! It didn't even make it to my face because I could tell how orange it is on my finger tips. I tried it on all parts of my arm and wrist and it painted them all orange! Wow... I could not believe it since I really wanted this product to work. :(

on 11/15/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

If I pat this on with fingertips rather than smoothing/wiping/brushing it onto my face, it's just about the perfect finish -- spread thickly for heavier coverage I'm not so impressed, but heavy coverage is not my thing anyway. The fair is perfect for me except in high summer when it's sometimes a tiny bit light -- it stays put like a champ through heavy hot-weather sweating. I've never seen a hint of the orange some reviewers complained of. It's never broken me out. I need less than a pea-sized amount to do my whole face, and it lasts quite a while. I'm pretty fickle about foundations and I've gone through about four tubes of this stuff now. For twelve bucks, what more can I ask?

on 10/6/2014 9:40:00 PM

Breaks me out. Sits like a mask on your face. Bad purchase!

on 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very meh product for me. First of all, the color selection is horrible and I find that it usually doesn't color match my skin. In fact it, it's consistently too dark for my skin when I first put it on and is a little on the orange side. However, I find that I like the color more and more as the day goes on, so I don't know if it needs time to adjust, or if I just get used to it. Next, there is basically no coverage--even for a BB cream. Traditional Asian BB Cream were supposed to be higher coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but with a dewier effect than a foundation. This has comparable, or even less coverage than most tinted moisturizes I've used. However, I will say that I quite like finish of the BB cream for casual use, but I tend to like a dewier finish and have normal to dry skin. Overall I'm torn with this product. It does have some positive points to it, but overall the negatives just don't make repurchasing with it. So basically, I'll probably continue to use it for the rest of the summer and try to get as much use of it as I can, but I won't repurchase the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I quite like this.
The colours are very light and I use this as a primer. Is that what everyone else does too??
I personally love the silicone-y feel in primers so this works well for me.
Jury is still out on its perfecting mechanisims as I think its really only a tint that feels like a silicone primer. It also does not make my makeup last so long as well.