L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.4

on 7/29/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a good BB cream, as I am a BB Cream fan. A little goes a long way and it looks really natural on me. I bought it in the medium shade and I am tan, Puerto Rican. I usually use Garnier but it wasn't at my price point AND I didn't really want spf because I find that it makes my face too pale in the summer time when I'm pushing for the bronzed look. All in all, if you are looking for a good BB cream, try this one. It's not bad at all. Good for everyday wear.

on 6/5/2017 12:56:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product but it oxidized almost immediately and left me a most unappealing shade of Sunkist©. Returned and resumed my search for a worthwhile BB cream.

A great light coverage for those natural face days. Provided it doesn't oxidize on your skin. I would suggest using one shade lighter if possible in case it does. It fills in my pores and evens out my skin tone. I press some true match powder and concealer over it and the finish is exactly how I want. A natural matte.

I have pretty balanced skin and it lasts until the end of the day without breaking down really bad. It stays in place through sweat and humidity so I like it for the summer.

I use it with a thinner moisturizer ( olay regenerist and serum) and haven't had an issue with it turning orange. It oxidizes just enough to make it a pretty close match to my skin. Don't expect it to fully cover acne or scars but a heavier concealer could make up for that.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was underwhelmed when I first got this, alone it was adequate but nothing amazing... then I started mixing it with other beauty balms and tinted moisturizers and I absolutely love it for that. It's one of the only actually light/pale bb creams I've found so I use it to lighten other stuff, like Laura Mercier and Nyx which both work great but are too dark for me. I also use it to cut the shine and oily look and feeling down with my favorite bb creams and tinted moisturizers. The effect is just perfect and I'll repurchase as it's become a must have for me as I wear a bb cream or similar in place of heavier coverage foundation 90% of the time I wear a full face.

I have been using this for five years now almost daily! I use the lightest shade and it suits me pretty well. It covers most imperfections unless they are big breakouts but that is fixed with a bit of concealer anyway. It looks natural on the skin if blended in properly and does not streak. The only issue is that this does not suit dry skins, it can cling to dry patches of skin and scars. This looks best when applied on freshly exfoliated skin. It mattifies the skin and prevents any oiliness from peeking through.
PROS:
- Good coverage
- Good adaptable color one; shade may fit a variety of different skins
- No chemical scent
- Blurs pores
- Matte finish
CONS:
- 18$CAD is a bit expensive for a drugstore BBcream
- Can cling to dry patches
- Needs to be blended very well into the skin

a little patchy bb cream and the light shade isn't very light.

I used the "fair" color and it works well, covers well.

The highest mark I can give is for the price, because you don't need much and the cost is reasonable. That's about it. I am VERY fair and yes, this is far too orange. Even when using a small amount. More problematic is that I went from having fairly oily skin to very dry skin - aging + hormones - and this brings out that dry look. I do take care of my skin, I keep it clean and moisturized. This product causes me to look crinkly - is that a word?!

It clings to any dry patch and gives an overall parched look to my face. It makes me look MORE fatigued and ages me. Then there is the issue of all the lovely white bumps I have developed since I started to use this, or TRY to use this. I'm not prone to clogged pores or milia, so I can only GUESS it's this product causing the breakouts.

Years back I used the Agnes B apricot enhancer that I loved, but can no longer buy here in the US. I thought this might be a good substitute, but no.

This may work well depending on your skin coloring and type. For very fair and/or dry skin like mine I cannot recommend this.

on 8/16/2016 5:34:00 PM

I love this bb cream, it has a smooth light feel to it and light coverage for your face
it starts out white but as you blend it into your skin it bends into your skin and gives a nice glow! like it a lot!

on 7/17/2016 5:25:00 AM

My older skin can look sallow, so I tried the Anti-Fatigue BB Cream. This is definitely one of the best BB creams I've ever used, but, less is more with this product. If you use a weekly mask regimen, plus use the proper moisture for your skin's 'age', you should have no problem with the product sticking to dry patches as some users have complained.
I don't like heavy makeup in the summer and this BB "Anti-fatigue" cream is perfect over a facial sunscreen. It imparts a healthy glow (you just need a little!) and with a dusting of powder you're ready to head out the door. It lasts and lasts and is non-greasy, unlike many creams. I LOVE it!
No, it doesn't contain a sunscreen, but, if it did, you would have to use much more and you wouldn't get the sheer, glowly skin that is part of its healthy-look attraction Spring for a good sunscreen!