L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this (in "Light") as a gift, having had zero experience with BB or CC creams to date. I am a medium to full coverage face product kinda gal, and on days when I really don't have time I usually just apply concealer and face powder to look more awake. I never really "got" the whole tinted moisturizer/BB hype, it seemed like one more marketing gimmick that was basically re-packaged light coverage foundation.

This has been pretty easy to use and fits its purpose as a light wash of color to even out my skintone and lessen the look of dark undereye circles, although I still use concealer on top of it. If you're dealing with dark circles, moderate to severe acne or any skin discoloration, this isn't going to be the miracle product that allows you to leave the house with minimal effort and no self-consciousness. It WILL provide a more fresh and even appearance to the skin and work for everyday wear if you're already pretty comfortable with your complexion.

This BB is pretty lightweight, hasn't broken me out and doesn't cause oiliness or dryness, but it has been downgraded a lippie because it does not hydrate the skin as far as I can tell. You will still need to apply moisturizer under this for optimal results. There's no unpleasant odor and the packaging is convenient. If you are looking for a very light coverage BB and don't mind a semi-matte finish, you will appreciate this product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I feel like I have to stick up for this product because it has been so amazing to me! I'm on my second tube and I L-O-V-E it!! I have a bright olive complexion and the medium shade perfectly goes with my skin. Just a quarter size amount makes my face go from "not bad" to flawless! It has a no makeup look and feel. I love the bare skin finish so much! It really does even or your tone and texture, and on days when I don't need any or just a little coverage, it's my go to! It also lasts all day! It smoothed out my skin, its breathable and light and I just love it! I am so happy I got it, repurchased it and will continue to! Have a great day! :)

on 11/18/2016 10:15:00 PM

I like this product. I don't think I would rave about it, but i would recommend because it does the job and is at a good price. I rub it in with my fingers and I think it gives me a pretty, light coverage that still makes my skin look natural. I use this product for when I'm going to school or when I'm making a quick run to the store.

on 4/11/2016 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM!
It makes my skin look flawless & soft.
I love how it comes out white but then matches your skin tone like magic lol.
I actually stopped using foundation because of this product! I'm absolutely in love with it!

on 3/16/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this in Fair daily for a foundation. It evens out my skin tone, and doesn't look heavy. Love this!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just start off by saying I love this BB cream. It is a staple product for me especially when I need to get my makeup on quickly. I use my fingers and rub it in and it evens out my skin tone and makes me look 10x better. Though it does not cover blemishes completely I think that's perfectly fine as I just use a concealer over those areas! My skin looks really natural with this and I don't think me slim has ever looked bad with this stuff on! I love it! However it does looks slightly orange but it's barely noticeable. I do set this with a powder because that's what I do with all my foundation/BB creams but I think oily skinned girls may have to be careful when trying this out as I think it may make you oily throughout the day. However with my normal to dry skin I think this is perfect and I will most definitely repurchase this

i bought the shade light.....it should say the shade ORANGE!......comes out white but when blended its just dark orange! definitely will NOT repurchase....will be bringing this stuff back!

on 11/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

After using this BB cream for months, I'm downgrading it from 5 lippies to 3. I usually wear a very light layer of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, so I am used to light coverage. I think this cream works great for what it is--basically a tinted moisturizer. However, it does not moisturize. I do find that my skin feels a little tight immediately after application, but it doesn't look dry at all and has no negative lasting consequences. It helps to even out my skin tone and I like to wear it during the day on weekends when I am just running errands. The packaging has a very small hole for dispensing from the squeeze tube and I find that I use quite a small amount to cover my face. I have normal skin and while it does not look oily at the end of the day in the winter, it looks greasy in warmer weather. I think that I would rather use Maybelline's Dream Wonder Touch Liquid in place of this for very light coverage.

on 11/10/2014 11:40:00 PM

I honestly love the feel of this bb cream. It is honestly so soft on your skin and its great for the no-makeup look. BUT, the downside for me is the shades. The variety of shades is very limited which makes it difficult for me. The lightest shade isnt the best fit, and makes me look too tan, and the shade up makes me look darker. The packaging may be a little tricky if youre traveling. If you put the tube in your carry on, beware of leaking. Otherwise, this product is AMAZINGLY smooth and it has a great coverage. Not so impressed with the packaging and the shades...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for about a year now and just recently switched in favor of a full-coverage foundation. I'll keep this around for light coverage/casual wear or throw it in a travel bag for a pinch (the tube makes it a good traveler), but I like my full coverage for everyday wear now.

This product is a little odd - comes out of the tube looking more like a face scrub (complete with granules) than a foundation or BB cream. It also has a gray cast to it, and goes on looking white, almost like a mask! It quickly changes to an appropriate color, however. The granules also dissolve but it does feel a little gritty on your face and I'm guessing that could be irritating or just unpleasant for some.

The lightest shade available is a decent match for me, but since it is very light coverage that is less of an issue than it would be otherwise. I find that a tube lasts a fairly long time, and I always use coupons/ExtraBucks to purchase this so the price is fair in my opinion. I didn't have any issues with this breaking me out or causing problems.

In summation I would use this again if I ran out of my HG foundation (Armani Luminous Silk liquid in shade 3) or if I was running to the store or something, but I won't rely on it as a must-have anymore.