L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.0

on 3/5/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for no makeup days if you have uneven skin tone with redness it's super light and goes on sheer but actually gets rid of the redness instantly. I use it to smooth out my uneven red tones

on 1/30/2016 6:13:00 PM

I love L'Oreal's BB cream. It gives a very natural looking coverage and is great if you don't like thick but only slight coverage like me. It blurs imperfections more so than covering them, which I don't mind at all. I first put on ponds facial moisturizer, I then let that soak up a bit while I put on my eye shadow. I then put on the BB cream (a little goes a long way) with my fingers and I set it with L'Oreal's compact powder. The result is very natural looking and gives me awesome looking skin plus it does not crease!

on 12/13/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few weeks ago because I was out of my aveda tinted moisturizer and wanted to try something new. This is incredibly affordable and a nice product. I like that you can't see it- it's just good skin. I have a few sun spots, very dry skin, some beginner wrinkles (hello, 40). This bb cream works well to blend in the sun spots, doesn't get trapped in the wrinkles, and seems to do no damage to my skin in terms of pore blockage. I bought fair and the color match is pretty good. I may upgrade to another line when I run out of this tube, but it's great stuff for $10.

ETA: except that it turned orange after a few hours, so I had an orange face and blue white neck. Not a good look.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this in Deep from CVS (Why is the color selection so small? It's 2015!) and I was really disappointed.
First, I didn't expect it to have shimmer. Nothing on the packaging implied that it would be shimmery, so I immediately did not care for it, since I prefer my skin to have a matte finish.
Second, for a "deep" shade, it came out really really light. Like, too light. With that the and the shimmer, I thought it was moldy makeup when I first put it on my hand!
Third, when I blended it on my hand, it felt really coarse, but then I read on the back that it has beads, which does not bode well with my sensitive skin. I wasn't going to risk coating my whole face with this.
As a BB Cream, this kind of sucks. BUT! This does work great as a highlighter. I put a little bit on the tops of my cheekbone, and the bridge of my nose. It gives my matte finish just a small hint of a glow if I'm feeling a little sparkley that day. :)
If you're like me and like a matte finish for your face, I'd avoid this. If you want a highlighter to last you an eternity because there's literally 30 milliliters of product, go for it!

on 6/27/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I hated this. When I say i hated it i mean i literally HATED this product. Love L'oreal,but if i could step into a ring with them i would because this product SUCKS. First, the smell. Literally the worst a makeup product could smell honestly smells like pee. Secondly, i don't really see the purpose of this product. I guess you could use it for light coverage but its just like putting on another moisturizer. Lastly, you pick your shade and i got medium but it comes out white and it is supposed to match your skin tone on application but it didn't even do that. Also, super enhanced dry spots... no bueno. I give it one lipstick for the tube thingy.

I hesitate to say this is my HG of BB creams but...........when I try other BB creams, this one always looks better.

Makes my skin look smooth and covers all my redness from LUPUS.

I look younger and my skin glows, you can't tell you are wearing foundation you just look healthy.

Lasts all day and my skin which is very sensitive to the sun doesn't burn.

The only thing I don't like is the aroma on appliction but that fades quite quickly and wouldn't stop my using this product.

on 4/24/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product feels like such a gimmick, from the pigment beads to the advertising...just everything about it. I wouldn't care if the BB cream was actually good, but it isn't. It provides very, very sheer coverage and has no staying power. This is like the kind of product you give to your five year old when they really want to wear foundation and you really want them not to.

on 3/29/2015 2:34:00 AM

First, let me start by commenting on the sheer stupidity of the beads in this product. They are a total gimmick and add literally no value to it at all -- why not just have the product show its end color to begin with? Other than that, I like the color (I use fair), and the coverage. It blends nicely (probably because you have to break the beads up), but I wish it had spf and was cruelty-free.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff. Possibly my Holy Grail face product. It is by no means what a traditional BB cream, but in my opinion i see it as an equivalent for a foundation. Its great for everyday, and even for formal events since its a product that you can put on your face and trust it to look great without searching for a mirror every hour to check on it. I get hormonal breakouts and the pimple every now and then anyways, plus i have redness around my nose. 1-2 layers of this evens out the skin beautifully and then extra coverage for pimples can be managed with a bit of concealer, resulting in a beautiful natural skin textured look.

Pros:
- The 'Fair' shade is light enough for pale princesses/princes
- Very long-wearing
- Quick and easy application with fingertips
- Light to a medium-buildable coverage (in my opinion)
- Packaging is easy to travel with and dispense the product
- Sits nicely on the skin
- No SPF (pro in my opinion as it makes it great for flash photography)
- Doesn't get patchy or break down from the oils on your skin
- One tube will last you a relatively long time

Cons:
- I find touch ups necessary after 7+ hours for my t-zone; however, it touches up great and you can keep wearing it from morning to night
- Depending on where you buy it, it can be pricy (go to Walmart!!)
- The packaging writing wears off once you've been using it for awhile
- It can be hard to get out the last bits of product
- Gritty texture because of the pigment beads (doesn't bother me, but it could to some [it does smooth out once blended])
- Not the hugest selection of shade colours (but i haven't used any other colour than Fair so theres a good chance the darker shades adjust to various skin tones)
- Need to add SPF on your own if you like to have that on your face
- Sometimes it settles into the lines of your nostrils (but can be easily fixed by blending out with your finger)

I have purchased and used up completely 4 tubes of this stuff, they've reformulated it once shortly after it first came out to make it less gritty and in my opinion the Fair shade also got lighter afterwards.

on 7/21/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Deep because I have a tan, natural. The color matched well, went on smooth & hid a few imperfections. I felt the coverage was a little more than bare skin, which was what I was looking for. All was well until I left my house. I looked down at my hand which I must have wiped my face with & it was sparkling! I got my mirror out & my face looked like I had been dipped in glitter. Needless to say I went home laughing & washed my face. I give this product 1 lipstick because of price, coverage, color matching, but really, does anyone want to go around sparkling like that? Oh FYI, the glitter show doesn't seem to appear indoors but check yourself outside in full sun:)
One more thing: I didn't buy this as a primer nor would I use it under my Laura Mercier foundation.