L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was underwhelmed when I first got this, alone it was adequate but nothing amazing... then I started mixing it with other beauty balms and tinted moisturizers and I absolutely love it for that. It's one of the only actually light/pale bb creams I've found so I use it to lighten other stuff, like Laura Mercier and Nyx which both work great but are too dark for me. I also use it to cut the shine and oily look and feeling down with my favorite bb creams and tinted moisturizers. The effect is just perfect and I'll repurchase as it's become a must have for me as I wear a bb cream or similar in place of heavier coverage foundation 90% of the time I wear a full face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My skin- very oily, shiny within an hour after washing if bare skinned. Uneven, somewhat pink on the nose and cheeks. Larger pores on the center of my cheeks only. I grew up with super bad acne but has calmed now in my late 20s. So, this stuff is my favorite cover up type product. I've been using it for id guess about five years now. I'm not a fan of regular foundation as they appear unnatural and cakey, so this is a better choice and I love it. It works very well to even the tone of my skin and covers up blemishes fairly well. I'm not a fan of concealer, the less steps, the better. I use the fair shade which is just slightly too dark for me in the winter. My favorite thing about this is how well it controls oil. I once missed a small spot on my nose and later in the day I could see the small beads of oil there but the rest of the nose looked matte. It's not at all moisturizing. I use neutrogena combo skin lotion first, this bb cream, and usually a powder foundation. I find this stuff has good staying power, holds up for about eight hours. The tube lasts me about four months with daily use. Because of the beads, when you blend it into your skin it has a slight exfoliating effect. My skin actually started to improve in condition when I used this. For me, this stuff is a great price and my favorite!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this stuff for a year and can't get enough of it. I use it as my liquid foundation and then put powder on top of it. When you squeeze it out don't be concerned that it's white because when placed on your skin it changes colour. With my combination skin it makes my face look flawless. I would recommend this to everyone.

This is one of the best BB creams I've tried. It goes on white, but oxidizes to a natural, soft color. I love the silky, matte finish and best of all, it covers my red patches.

Better coverage than most BB creams, and best of all, it has never broken me out once.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is an HG product for me, and if they ever stop making it, I will be very sad! I have really oily skin, especially in my t-zone. This product controls oil better than any other BB cream, foundation, primer, powder, or anything else I've ever tried. (and I've tried more than a few!) I generally wear this under a powder foundation to get a little more coverage, and it controls my oil ALL day, at least 10 hours, if not more. It doesn't have much coverage, but it does even out my skin tone and make it look smoother. I'm very fair and use the fair shade, and I have no issues with orange-ness; it blends in perfectly. I do wish it contained a sunscreen, but I wear one underneath this. I've bought this several times, and I always keep backups. I would not be without it!

on 11/24/2013 1:03:00 AM

I love L'oreal BB cream. It makes my face looks smooth, healthy and glowing. I heard lots of complements from people while using this foundation. I also noticed it actually beautifies my skin, moisturizes well too. It is white but adjusts to skin when applied. I use it in medium. Tis is my daily foundation and I love it!

I don't think I have the ideal skin to wear a bb cream, being that it's acne-prone and combo-oily. Most of the ones I've tried have either broken me out or just made my skin really shiny after an hour or 2. I really like this one, though. I would recommend this as a bb cream for those of us with oilier skin. It provides a relatively matte finish and actually stays on well throughout the day (even when combating summer heat!). However, it's still really lightweight. It also provides a decent amount of coverage compared to other bb creams I have tried (I would say medium coverage overall). I still have to use a concealer on my blemishes and acne scars, but it does a nice job of evening out my skin tone. I have been using this for several months now, and it hasn't broken me out. It's a little pricey, but considering the benefits, I don't mind paying for it. I really like this for days when I want to look really natural, but still need some coverage. Great product!

on 7/2/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this! I have adult acne prone skin and this is by far the best one I have found. I just wish they could figure out away to add sunscreen to it with changing it! They did it right and what a great price! I can't live without it!

on 6/19/2013 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am somewhat surprised at some of the harsh reviews for this BB cream. I've tried many, many of the drugstore brands, and also Clinique and Smashbox. I returned the Clinique and Smashbox. Both of them melt down into grease piles, and for the cost, that is not acceptable for me.

The others, some of which are Garnier, Maybelline, E.L.F., CG Smoothers, pretty much melt away too, and don't really last long. Some become darker, some fade away to nothing.

Let's face it - BB creams are not meant to be medium to heavy foundations. They're lighter, so if you want coverage, stick with foundation. I'm at the age where foundation does less for me than more, so something lighter like this is good. I'd say the same goes for young skin that doesn't have too many flaws.

What I like most about this BB cream is that it has a primer in it that actually works to blur the uglies, there's enough color to even out skin tone, and the coverage lasts a whole lot longer than all of the others combined. I started out with the color Light, but have now purchased Fair, and I prefer the Fair for my skin. Yes, it dispenses from the tube as a white cream, but morphs into a color.

I don't usually do makeup reviews, but I had to weigh in on this BB cream. I think it's one of the best, if not the best, drug store BB creams, especially since it has a primer in it. I do understand, though, that some might not care for the idea it doesn't have a sunscreen in it, but judging by the amount of products these beauty companies expect us women to use, there's sunscreen in just about everything else.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm a little sad that this doesn't get better reviews - I absolutely love it!

I've tried several other drug store BB creams and none of them compare to this one. I love how lightweight it is and I find that the color matches me very well. Another plus is that it lasts all day (even on my semi oily skin), which hasn't been the case for many of the other brands I've tried.

When it comes out of the tube it's white, but it changes color once rub it on your skin. I've always applied with my fingers and sometimes blend with a flat top brush. This IS the best summer foundation for me.