L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

To start off, I have never used a BB cream. However, from the description of BB creams I thought I would never be able to use one. I have super oily skin that can be acne prone. I also have somewhat of an uneven complexion and my complexion always looks red.

I was using Bare Mineral Matte before this, and I was realizing that it was making my skin look very dull and ashy.I bought this on a whim just to try it out and I am so, so happy that I did. This does not give full coverage (it's comparable to bare minerals or a tinted moisturizer in regards to coverage) but it left my skin looking healthier, like I wasn't wearing makeup. The thing that surprised me was that it was matte and stayed put. I wore this to the beach today, normally I wouldn't wear any makeup to the beach but this just feels like tinted moisturizer and I'm excited about it. This lasted through the sun and sweat all day! There is not sunscreen, which I think is a plus, no greasies or white face in pictures, so some may not like that. I would also skip over this if you have super dry skin or need a lot of coverage. I will definitely continue to buy- the best face makeup I have ever tried (I've tried Bare Minerals (regular and matte), Revlon Colorstay, Laura Mercier tinted foundation, and several drugstore mineral makeups).

on 7/11/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just started using this, and I have been pretty happy so far. I My skin gets oily really quick, so foundation slides right off. This stays, because it's more of a moisturizer. My skin doesn't get as oily like with other foundations. It is not full coverage, it is more sheer, so if you want full coverage you might try something else. I put a little finishing powder over it and it covers more. All in all, it is worth the money, and it's cheaper than the high end stuff!!

on 8/11/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a fan of drugstore cosmetics but I received a sample of this in a small packet in LIGHT and decided to try it out just to see how it would look. I am a medium-somewhat tan shade so when I first squeezed some out, I was frightened by how light it was. I also noticed microbeads in the mixture. I tested it by putting some on my arm. To my surprise, it oxidized to a shade darker than my arm! Remember I am trying this in the lightest shade they have! Then I decided to gently rub and pat some onto my face. It oxidized to my skin color very well and ended up giving me a rosy/pink undertone which was good because I have a weird yellow undertone. The coverage was pretty sheer and could only cover my lightest acne scars. The only thing I liked about this was that it gave me somewhat of an even skintone; it did not make me look like a ghost. :) Overall, this is an okay BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like others, I was a bit weirded out by the texture, but it quickly turned into a smooth product and dissolved into my skin. I am using the Light color, and tested the even lighter tone (Fair, maybe) but it was VERY light and didn't seem to have the same coverage as the Light tone. The Light is a wee bit dark for me, but with concealor in the key areas and powder on top, it evens out into a good color.

I have melasma/dark spots, and this gives me a more even tone that I like, without the heavy feeling of full foundation. With a little Bare Escentuals concealor (LOVE this stuff, by the way), I have an even complexion all day without greasiness except on the most humid of Washington DC days.

The only thing this product is missing is an SPF, which I use every single day to protect my skin. I layer the L'oreal Sublime Skin 50 spf sunblock underneath the BB cream and that works pretty well. I am going to try the new Maybelline BB cream that has an SPF and see how they compare.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Terrible. This is the first product I've had where I could not find any redeeming qualities. I wanted to like this product because I LOVE L'Oreal and love everything I have tried by them previously, however this BB cream was a fail. First off, there is no SPF. I thought I could overlook that just this once. I am light to medium and yellow toned, and I purchase this product in light. The first time I tried it, I used a sponge applicator and it seemed to apply fine, even a tad too light, because the sponge was probably absorbing most of the color. I tried it the next day by applying it with my fingers, and no kidding, it was oompa loompa orange and way too dark. It looked like spray tan gone wrong all over my face. So, if you want to go through the trouble and waste some of the product, you could get by using this with a sponge and probably be fine. But I recommend opting for Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB, because the color selection is much better and accurate, and it has much better coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product before going on vacation a few months ago. I didn't want to wear foundation, but I do hate going without SOMETHING on my face, so I picked this up at CVS on sale and with a coupon AND extra bucks! (why i always try to buy my drugstore brands at cvs)...i actually ended up getting the product for free with all of the deals and coupons! woo hooo :)

Anyway!:

Packaging: I liked the tube, it was easy to let out only the amount of product you needed and it was thin and easy to pack

Texture/smell: It didn't have any type of distinctive smell, good or bad. The product itself caught me off guard. Its grainy, like sand, and it comes out white! I was taken aback, so I put some on my hand and watched as it seemed to change to my skin tone. Like magic...haha!

Wear/Coverage: I have oily skin and some acne scars/redness. It did cover more than some of my other BB creams, and it didnt make my face AS oily. It did not last long though, after just 2-3 hours, it looked like i definitely needed a touchup.

Overall: It is definitely more of a glorified tinted moisturizer, as someone else had mentioned, rather than a BB cream. Coverage was better than Garnier and Cover Girl that I had tried. No lasting power. I will not purchase again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is quite expensive for a product that is a total disappointment. It hid nothing and the feeling of those beads were unpleasant. It never felt like it ever totally rubbed in and made my skin feel consistently oily. I gave it away. Not worth your money.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this product! I've always been a tinted moisturizer kind of girl. I like my skin natural but with just a little bit of coverage to get a smooth, even look. Foundation for me is just way too much. But I saw that all of the makeup companies were really hitting on this "BB Cream" fad, so I took a chance and tried it out. I love this stuff. It's like a primer and tinted moisturizer in one. It comes out white with beads in it and just blends into your skin. I'm really pale and the fair color matches just fine. It gives me a smooth, even face, and what I really love about this that tinted moisturizer doesn't do, is that this bb cream covers over pores and HUGELY minimizes them. Which is perfect for my large pores. I just apply a translucent powder over this and I'm good to go. Love it!

on 9/30/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is insanely good. It comes out white on your fingers with little balls- kind of like an exfoliator. When you work it into your skin the balls pop and out comes a colour that pretty much instantly blends in with your skin tone and creates the most flawlessly natural coverage.

I have acne scarring and overall pretty horrible skin tone (uneven, pale etc) but this product was like a second skin and made my skin glow without looking greasy. And it retailed for $26 (here in Australia) so I'm happy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was very hopeful about this BB Cream, or any brand for that matter. I decided to give it a shot since my acne has cleared up for the most part, with just some scarring to cover. Unfortunately, from the moment I applied it, my face was bright orange (even though I purchased the lighter shade), super greasy-looking, and overall just a hot mess. I left it on for just a few hours while I was at home to see if the appearance would improve, but it just got worse as the day went on. Definitely NEVER buying this again, and hopefully I will be able to find a brand that leaves my skin with a matte finish and an even, natural tone.