L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this (in "Light") as a gift, having had zero experience with BB or CC creams to date. I am a medium to full coverage face product kinda gal, and on days when I really don't have time I usually just apply concealer and face powder to look more awake. I never really "got" the whole tinted moisturizer/BB hype, it seemed like one more marketing gimmick that was basically re-packaged light coverage foundation.

This has been pretty easy to use and fits its purpose as a light wash of color to even out my skintone and lessen the look of dark undereye circles, although I still use concealer on top of it. If you're dealing with dark circles, moderate to severe acne or any skin discoloration, this isn't going to be the miracle product that allows you to leave the house with minimal effort and no self-consciousness. It WILL provide a more fresh and even appearance to the skin and work for everyday wear if you're already pretty comfortable with your complexion.

This BB is pretty lightweight, hasn't broken me out and doesn't cause oiliness or dryness, but it has been downgraded a lippie because it does not hydrate the skin as far as I can tell. You will still need to apply moisturizer under this for optimal results. There's no unpleasant odor and the packaging is convenient. If you are looking for a very light coverage BB and don't mind a semi-matte finish, you will appreciate this product.

I have been using this for five years now almost daily! I use the lightest shade and it suits me pretty well. It covers most imperfections unless they are big breakouts but that is fixed with a bit of concealer anyway. It looks natural on the skin if blended in properly and does not streak. The only issue is that this does not suit dry skins, it can cling to dry patches of skin and scars. This looks best when applied on freshly exfoliated skin. It mattifies the skin and prevents any oiliness from peeking through.
PROS:
- Good coverage
- Good adaptable color one; shade may fit a variety of different skins
- No chemical scent
- Blurs pores
- Matte finish
CONS:
- 18$CAD is a bit expensive for a drugstore BBcream
- Can cling to dry patches
- Needs to be blended very well into the skin

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I feel like I have to stick up for this product because it has been so amazing to me! I'm on my second tube and I L-O-V-E it!! I have a bright olive complexion and the medium shade perfectly goes with my skin. Just a quarter size amount makes my face go from "not bad" to flawless! It has a no makeup look and feel. I love the bare skin finish so much! It really does even or your tone and texture, and on days when I don't need any or just a little coverage, it's my go to! It also lasts all day! It smoothed out my skin, its breathable and light and I just love it! I am so happy I got it, repurchased it and will continue to! Have a great day! :)

a little patchy bb cream and the light shade isn't very light.

I used the "fair" color and it works well, covers well.

on 11/21/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is a luminous product not for my skin type. It does blur out imperfections. This products leaves a white cast on the skin that shows through foundation and powder. This product just did not work for me at all.

on 11/18/2016 10:15:00 PM

I like this product. I don't think I would rave about it, but i would recommend because it does the job and is at a good price. I rub it in with my fingers and I think it gives me a pretty, light coverage that still makes my skin look natural. I use this product for when I'm going to school or when I'm making a quick run to the store.

The highest mark I can give is for the price, because you don't need much and the cost is reasonable. That's about it. I am VERY fair and yes, this is far too orange. Even when using a small amount. More problematic is that I went from having fairly oily skin to very dry skin - aging + hormones - and this brings out that dry look. I do take care of my skin, I keep it clean and moisturized. This product causes me to look crinkly - is that a word?!

It clings to any dry patch and gives an overall parched look to my face. It makes me look MORE fatigued and ages me. Then there is the issue of all the lovely white bumps I have developed since I started to use this, or TRY to use this. I'm not prone to clogged pores or milia, so I can only GUESS it's this product causing the breakouts.

Years back I used the Agnes B apricot enhancer that I loved, but can no longer buy here in the US. I thought this might be a good substitute, but no.

This may work well depending on your skin coloring and type. For very fair and/or dry skin like mine I cannot recommend this.

pros tube packaging =hygenic color adapting = fits range of skintones affordable no spf cons runs a bit dark, wont fit super pale complexions no spf i love this bb cream, this is one of those products for when you want something without fuss to even out your skin a little. this, when applied gives your skin a beautiful bare skin look, quite similar to almay's smart shade foundations. this does run a bit dark, i am normally a medium shade in most foundations and bb creams (think natural beige/nude shades) and i buy this in fair and light. fair for winter and light for summer. i am combo skin and this doesn't make me any more oily than i would usually get throughout the day, so always a plus, also doesn't transfer on my skin. i put no spf as both a pro and con bc depending on how you feel about spf, thats up to you. it is about $10 or so at my cvs, but there are always sales and coupons

on 8/20/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok this review i just have to write. This product is worst thing that touched my face. Ever. I have oily nw 15 skin and lightest shade was too dark for me ( for some reason i cant find match in any loreal foundation and i dont think i will buy anything from loreal ever). This suff is like putting pure oil on my skin, i looked gray and orangey in some spots,i transferred everywhere,i wiped it away from my forehed in an hour( it was easy to do it too) because of how grasy it felt. horror..