L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is $12.99USD at Kroger. Nobody has mentioned this so far I've read & I read back a good 25 reviews but UGH THE SCENT!!!! Mine reeks. It dissipates after I use it buy it smells like chemicals I was hesitant to put it on my face 1st time but it turned out OK. This gives me a good clean skin look. I use a powder like MAC prep + prime to set it. I have to blot after a few hours like normal (4-6 hours) I'm very oily so this is a normal occurrence. I don't complain cause I've never had a product last all dam day it sux but I've got baby soft skin coz ur own oil is mother natures BEST moisturizer I've been told I look 20s & im 40 to be exact. Somexs i like a natural made up no makeup look which this is perf for. It gives light coverage & even thou I'm oiliest of the oilies it didn't oxidize [surprisingly] "much." Clean pretty skin the white changed to my skin tone. I'm NC20 & wear Light. I think I could do Med.?

on 6/5/2017 12:56:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product but it oxidized almost immediately and left me a most unappealing shade of SunkistĀ©. Returned and resumed my search for a worthwhile BB cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin is far from perfect, and I can wear this as foundation. It makes me look naturally perfect, without looking like I have anything on! What is there not to love? As for skin care, I have not noticed any real difference, but the evening of my skintone, the tiny dose of color and the SPF is enough for me. Bought on sale at Walgreens for $8. The tube has lasted well over 6 months. Be careful though, comes out of the tube white, and as you apply it, it "adjusts"to the color you need. The medium color can seem way too orange if over applied. My go-to summer "foundation."

A great light coverage for those natural face days. Provided it doesn't oxidize on your skin. I would suggest using one shade lighter if possible in case it does. It fills in my pores and evens out my skin tone. I press some true match powder and concealer over it and the finish is exactly how I want. A natural matte.

I have pretty balanced skin and it lasts until the end of the day without breaking down really bad. It stays in place through sweat and humidity so I like it for the summer.

I use it with a thinner moisturizer ( olay regenerist and serum) and haven't had an issue with it turning orange. It oxidizes just enough to make it a pretty close match to my skin. Don't expect it to fully cover acne or scars but a heavier concealer could make up for that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have pale, pink skin with bright rosy cheeks, and while I've learned to love my skin, I've been looking for something sheer coverage to tone down all the pink. I've tried tinted moisturizers and bb creams in the past, but they've always been too yellow/orange toned, sat on top of my skin and just looked awful. I'd about given up hope for finding something when I picked this up in Fair today. At first I was a bit leery because it comes out of the tube white, but it blended out beautifully. It's the exact perfect color. I used only a small amount so it just toned down the pink in my skin. I think if I were to apply more, it would neutralize or nearly neutralize the color. I have extremely sensitive skin and so far this hasn't bothered me. It feels slightly drying, but I obsessively moisturize and will only be wearing it every once in a while so I'm not too worried about it. Just so thrilled to find something that matches my skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the texture and application of this product but the "Light" shade of this turned orange on me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was underwhelmed when I first got this, alone it was adequate but nothing amazing... then I started mixing it with other beauty balms and tinted moisturizers and I absolutely love it for that. It's one of the only actually light/pale bb creams I've found so I use it to lighten other stuff, like Laura Mercier and Nyx which both work great but are too dark for me. I also use it to cut the shine and oily look and feeling down with my favorite bb creams and tinted moisturizers. The effect is just perfect and I'll repurchase as it's become a must have for me as I wear a bb cream or similar in place of heavier coverage foundation 90% of the time I wear a full face.

on 3/5/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for no makeup days if you have uneven skin tone with redness it's super light and goes on sheer but actually gets rid of the redness instantly. I use it to smooth out my uneven red tones

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this (in "Light") as a gift, having had zero experience with BB or CC creams to date. I am a medium to full coverage face product kinda gal, and on days when I really don't have time I usually just apply concealer and face powder to look more awake. I never really "got" the whole tinted moisturizer/BB hype, it seemed like one more marketing gimmick that was basically re-packaged light coverage foundation.

This has been pretty easy to use and fits its purpose as a light wash of color to even out my skintone and lessen the look of dark undereye circles, although I still use concealer on top of it. If you're dealing with dark circles, moderate to severe acne or any skin discoloration, this isn't going to be the miracle product that allows you to leave the house with minimal effort and no self-consciousness. It WILL provide a more fresh and even appearance to the skin and work for everyday wear if you're already pretty comfortable with your complexion.

This BB is pretty lightweight, hasn't broken me out and doesn't cause oiliness or dryness, but it has been downgraded a lippie because it does not hydrate the skin as far as I can tell. You will still need to apply moisturizer under this for optimal results. There's no unpleasant odor and the packaging is convenient. If you are looking for a very light coverage BB and don't mind a semi-matte finish, you will appreciate this product.

I have been using this for five years now almost daily! I use the lightest shade and it suits me pretty well. It covers most imperfections unless they are big breakouts but that is fixed with a bit of concealer anyway. It looks natural on the skin if blended in properly and does not streak. The only issue is that this does not suit dry skins, it can cling to dry patches of skin and scars. This looks best when applied on freshly exfoliated skin. It mattifies the skin and prevents any oiliness from peeking through.
PROS:
- Good coverage
- Good adaptable color one; shade may fit a variety of different skins
- No chemical scent
- Blurs pores
- Matte finish
CONS:
- 18$CAD is a bit expensive for a drugstore BBcream
- Can cling to dry patches
- Needs to be blended very well into the skin