L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.1

on 7/17/2016 5:25:00 AM

My older skin can look sallow, so I tried the Anti-Fatigue BB Cream. This is definitely one of the best BB creams I've ever used, but, less is more with this product. If you use a weekly mask regimen, plus use the proper moisture for your skin's 'age', you should have no problem with the product sticking to dry patches as some users have complained.
I don't like heavy makeup in the summer and this BB "Anti-fatigue" cream is perfect over a facial sunscreen. It imparts a healthy glow (you just need a little!) and with a dusting of powder you're ready to head out the door. It lasts and lasts and is non-greasy, unlike many creams. I LOVE it!
No, it doesn't contain a sunscreen, but, if it did, you would have to use much more and you wouldn't get the sheer, glowly skin that is part of its healthy-look attraction Spring for a good sunscreen!

on 6/27/2016 12:38:00 PM

I so wanted to love this as I know a lot of gals recommended it but I just couldn't get past the gritty texture! I purchased this in Deep and it was a good match to my summer skin tone and even had pretty good coverage but it never really felt smooth after setting. I tried it over primer, over sunscreen and by itself. Always the same outcome. Looks like this will be going back to the store for me.

on 2/9/2014 11:14:00 PM

This product is my one of my all-time favorite foundations. I've had trouble in the past with foundations settling in my large pores and this hides them beautifully without having to use a additional primer. My fair skin is rather clear with a few discolorations and I don't need to cover significant imperfections - mostly uneven skin tone around my nose and chin. I use Fair during the winter months and Light during the summer. It covers beautifully without making me feel like I'm wearing a mask. The finish is somewhat matte with a very subtle luminous glow that looks extremely natural without a heavy makeup feel. I'm rather picky about my sunscreen, so the of lack of it is not a problem as I can choose my own spf product. It could use a little better staying power, hence only four lippies, but I usually touch up my makeup with a little pressed powder in the late afternoon anyway. I have re-purchased and will continue, it's a no-brainer for only $10.

on 8/6/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

great product for my skin with some wrinkles, it looks natural and still covers. I love it more then the expensive BB cream of Guerlain that gives me a pancake look. For my elder skin better than any foundation I ever bought.

on 6/19/2013 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am somewhat surprised at some of the harsh reviews for this BB cream. I've tried many, many of the drugstore brands, and also Clinique and Smashbox. I returned the Clinique and Smashbox. Both of them melt down into grease piles, and for the cost, that is not acceptable for me.

The others, some of which are Garnier, Maybelline, E.L.F., CG Smoothers, pretty much melt away too, and don't really last long. Some become darker, some fade away to nothing.

Let's face it - BB creams are not meant to be medium to heavy foundations. They're lighter, so if you want coverage, stick with foundation. I'm at the age where foundation does less for me than more, so something lighter like this is good. I'd say the same goes for young skin that doesn't have too many flaws.

What I like most about this BB cream is that it has a primer in it that actually works to blur the uglies, there's enough color to even out skin tone, and the coverage lasts a whole lot longer than all of the others combined. I started out with the color Light, but have now purchased Fair, and I prefer the Fair for my skin. Yes, it dispenses from the tube as a white cream, but morphs into a color.

I don't usually do makeup reviews, but I had to weigh in on this BB cream. I think it's one of the best, if not the best, drug store BB creams, especially since it has a primer in it. I do understand, though, that some might not care for the idea it doesn't have a sunscreen in it, but judging by the amount of products these beauty companies expect us women to use, there's sunscreen in just about everything else.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I got it in the Fair shade & returned it the same day I tried it. It turned orangey on my skin. Also, did not seem to moisturize, at all. I look better without any foundation, than I did with this.

on 4/11/2013 5:00:00 PM

This is perfect when you need to run out and don't want to put on a full face. I feel air brushed and it covers all the uglies. However, does not last all day, but good enough for going out in public to run errands, go to an exercise class, chauffer kids. I would NOT wear it to work tho - need my full arsenal of make up products for that.

on 3/24/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised when I put this on my face and it was white. I thought "geez what have I gone and bought here?" But I went ahead and used it like a regular light foundation and I just love the results. I am 58 with a normal amount of wrinkles for my age but skin is in good shape. Regular foundation seems to settle into the creases and accentuates my wrinkles but this cream seems to diffuse the light and brightens my complexion. I did not find it at all greasy, in fact it looked great after 7-8 hours of wear. I purchased this thinking it was something with more color to it but I love the medium and I will continue to purchase it. If you want a lot of coverage this is not for you but if you want to have your skin just look really nice and even in tone you will love this BB cream.

on 1/9/2013 10:39:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product based on what I'd read but it is not for me-- even though it claims to moisturize, it is not for mature skin, period.

My skin is very smooth, unlined, no sun damage at all, but I am not a kid and I need a more dewy look to give my face contour and alive-ness. This BB cream turns completely matte and flattened the contours of my face so it looked like a deathmask. It was very unflattering. It didn't feel good either. My face felt dirty. I will say it gave very good coverage for something seemed to be invisible when being applied.

I've been using Aveeno tinted moisurizer for a few years and was so happy to get this BB stuff off my face and get back into my comfortable, dewy-looking Aveeno!

on 10/8/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

AWFUL! This stuff is just the worst in every possible way. It comes out of the tube as a grainy, white cream. The white turns into the shade as you rub it on. The finish is heavy, chalky and thick leaving a mask-like finish. It feels greasy and as if it is smothering my skin. I had it on and was shocked when I looked at myself in the mirror a few hours later. The shades totally suck. My face was orangey and greasy with the Light shade. I then tried my friend"s Fair shade and looked even worse, kind of pinkish gray and greasy. Yuck...