L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 3/19/2018 3:40:00 PM

I bought the lightest of the L'Oreal bb cream and found it to be white and chaulky, very dry.
I tried another shade - same, it comes out white, chaulky and dry - I had the impression the BB creams weren't heavy foundation and this product is just like that, a heavy, cakey foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I haven't decided what I think of this yet. I think I wish it offered a tad more coverage but then again, I could buy a cc cream for that. I'm not sure my skin looks amazing after applying it, either. It just kind of evens everything out yet not enough. The oxidation that others mention is a bit of an issue. I'm o.k. with the color but would PREFER it wasn't so orange. I suppose I should have purchased light instead of medium. It doesn't feel oily after applying, nor does it leave my skin feeling dry. So I supposed I'm just on the fence. Which is why I probably wouldn't buy it again. I'll use up the tube because it's o.k. and I hate to waste perfectly good product. It has a bit of an odd smell but that doesn't bother me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the texture and application of this product but the "Light" shade of this turned orange on me.

on 3/5/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for no makeup days if you have uneven skin tone with redness it's super light and goes on sheer but actually gets rid of the redness instantly. I use it to smooth out my uneven red tones

The highest mark I can give is for the price, because you don't need much and the cost is reasonable. That's about it. I am VERY fair and yes, this is far too orange. Even when using a small amount. More problematic is that I went from having fairly oily skin to very dry skin - aging + hormones - and this brings out that dry look. I do take care of my skin, I keep it clean and moisturized. This product causes me to look crinkly - is that a word?!

It clings to any dry patch and gives an overall parched look to my face. It makes me look MORE fatigued and ages me. Then there is the issue of all the lovely white bumps I have developed since I started to use this, or TRY to use this. I'm not prone to clogged pores or milia, so I can only GUESS it's this product causing the breakouts.

Years back I used the Agnes B apricot enhancer that I loved, but can no longer buy here in the US. I thought this might be a good substitute, but no.

This may work well depending on your skin coloring and type. For very fair and/or dry skin like mine I cannot recommend this.

on 7/13/2016 11:25:00 PM

Nice and smooth BB cream. Light coverage and blends well. Starts out white, kinda scary, but tiny little color beads burst and you have a nice glow and a little more even skin tone. I like to wear this under my mineral powder make up for medium coverage that looks natural. For some reason most foundations look awful on my freckled rosecea skin. The combo of a light BB and mineral powder does the trick. Merle Norman is my current fav. On my days off I'll wear just the bb when skin feels dry and just the mineral makeup powder otherwise.

on 3/16/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this in Fair daily for a foundation. It evens out my skin tone, and doesn't look heavy. Love this!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this drugstore BB cream. I am a NC 35 Bobbi Brown 4-4.25. I use about 1/4 of a dime sized amount in Medium. It comes out of the tube white, but once applied it is pigmented with a yellow/golden undertone. It evens me out and adds a tiny bit of warmth. It disappears and looks like bare skin. I have had no breakouts or clogged pores. Keep in mind that this provides no coverage to speak of. What it does provide is a healthy, but not shiny glow. I feel that many DS brands have improved to the degree that I'll never buy high end makeup again.

on 8/1/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i am happily surprised at how much i like this product! i am able to use this instead of a full coverage foundation. i must set it with powder, or it would never last, however i alway set anything with powder. this, however, doesn't change color or melt off or settle into pores for me. i wish it worked out for more people. i have not had any breakouts or other negative skin reactions. (i use the "light" color - a white lotion that transforms to my skin tone with a powdery-type finish). on its own, it would not be sufficient coverage for my taste, however with a powder i am pleased it looks better (feels and appears more natural) than something heavier. i will try this as a primer under a foundation if i need to in winter or a special occasion (have not used this as a primer yet, only on its own.) i use this under my eyes and on lids as well without irritation!

on 7/26/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got this in Deep, which is the only option for brown skin. It comes out white and has to be massaged into skin with fingers. Kinda patchy, but a damp sponge will help. Way too much work to apply this. It works better as a primer.