L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the texture and application of this product but the "Light" shade of this turned orange on me.

on 3/5/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great for no makeup days if you have uneven skin tone with redness it's super light and goes on sheer but actually gets rid of the redness instantly. I use it to smooth out my uneven red tones

The highest mark I can give is for the price, because you don't need much and the cost is reasonable. That's about it. I am VERY fair and yes, this is far too orange. Even when using a small amount. More problematic is that I went from having fairly oily skin to very dry skin - aging + hormones - and this brings out that dry look. I do take care of my skin, I keep it clean and moisturized. This product causes me to look crinkly - is that a word?!

It clings to any dry patch and gives an overall parched look to my face. It makes me look MORE fatigued and ages me. Then there is the issue of all the lovely white bumps I have developed since I started to use this, or TRY to use this. I'm not prone to clogged pores or milia, so I can only GUESS it's this product causing the breakouts.

Years back I used the Agnes B apricot enhancer that I loved, but can no longer buy here in the US. I thought this might be a good substitute, but no.

This may work well depending on your skin coloring and type. For very fair and/or dry skin like mine I cannot recommend this.

on 7/13/2016 11:25:00 PM

Nice and smooth BB cream. Light coverage and blends well. Starts out white, kinda scary, but tiny little color beads burst and you have a nice glow and a little more even skin tone. I like to wear this under my mineral powder make up for medium coverage that looks natural. For some reason most foundations look awful on my freckled rosecea skin. The combo of a light BB and mineral powder does the trick. Merle Norman is my current fav. On my days off I'll wear just the bb when skin feels dry and just the mineral makeup powder otherwise.

on 3/16/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this in Fair daily for a foundation. It evens out my skin tone, and doesn't look heavy. Love this!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this drugstore BB cream. I am a NC 35 Bobbi Brown 4-4.25. I use about 1/4 of a dime sized amount in Medium. It comes out of the tube white, but once applied it is pigmented with a yellow/golden undertone. It evens me out and adds a tiny bit of warmth. It disappears and looks like bare skin. I have had no breakouts or clogged pores. Keep in mind that this provides no coverage to speak of. What it does provide is a healthy, but not shiny glow. I feel that many DS brands have improved to the degree that I'll never buy high end makeup again.

on 8/1/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i am happily surprised at how much i like this product! i am able to use this instead of a full coverage foundation. i must set it with powder, or it would never last, however i alway set anything with powder. this, however, doesn't change color or melt off or settle into pores for me. i wish it worked out for more people. i have not had any breakouts or other negative skin reactions. (i use the "light" color - a white lotion that transforms to my skin tone with a powdery-type finish). on its own, it would not be sufficient coverage for my taste, however with a powder i am pleased it looks better (feels and appears more natural) than something heavier. i will try this as a primer under a foundation if i need to in winter or a special occasion (have not used this as a primer yet, only on its own.) i use this under my eyes and on lids as well without irritation!

on 7/26/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got this in Deep, which is the only option for brown skin. It comes out white and has to be massaged into skin with fingers. Kinda patchy, but a damp sponge will help. Way too much work to apply this. It works better as a primer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First time using a BB cream. I often tend to come late to the party, what can I say? ;-)
Being this is my first bb cream, I am kind of truly new to all of this, so I will just give my thoughts on the performance, feel, etc..as I cannot compare it to other bb creams..So I will just detail my overall experience.

This did basically nothing as far as covering blemishes (which I did not and do not expect a bb cream to really cover blemishes anyway). I got this in the shade light and to my surprise it comes out of the tube stark-white (again, I am new to the bb cream world, so I was fazed by this for just a sec then realized the product is more about how it makes the skin feel versus how it looks). Definitely lightweight, as expected. It did/does make my skin feel soft, so that is nice! It also seems to blur my pores..?

I did not use any moisturizer nor any primer nor any other face product prior to or after applying this, as I wanted to test this in it's full actual performance, not aided by nor deterred by other products.

I do not detect a scent with this, and it does not irritate my skin, which was a bit of a concern, as my skin can be sensitive. Did not make me break out or itch or anything.

However, it made my skin look..ruddy/muddy looking..? I can't describe it..I want to say it almost gave my skin a green cast (??) but I do not see how that is possible..? But it definitely left my skin looking an odd shade/tone, for whatever reason. I almost felt like I had alien skin (sorry I really do not know how else to describe it, and that is how I felt when I first applied it). HOWEVER, it seemed to settle down on that muddiness/green tone after about 15 minutes or so. Still, it definitely left my skin a tone I am not used to, again, just an odd tone that I am not used to.

One bonus for me is I get no transfer with this, as expected with a bb cream. It is nice to change clothes or use a tissue (thanks summertime allergies) and not see a transfer of makeup. So, while that was expected, it is very nice.

Very lightweight, obviously, which is why I purchased it for summer.

Overall, I would re-purchase. While it does make my skin a bit of a different tone than I am used to (again, not bad once it 'settles'), the pros for me outweigh the cons.

PROS:
Lightweight and does not feel heavy
Skin feels soft, smooth, supple and even moisturized with this (again, nothing else worn when testing this)
Does not conceal blemishes but does even skin tone out nicely and quite evenly
No transfer to clothing
If I sweat, I do not have to worry about makeup streaking
Actually seems to blur pores somewhat
Actually lasted longer than I expected during the day
Did not break down as the day went on

CONS:
No coverage at all (I had blemishes while testing this)
Gives skin a slightly different tone than I am used to

Obviously, looking at the whole picture, this pretty much performs as expected for a bb cream. Slightly not happy about the tone/cast it gives my skin, but I can overlook that for the few short weeks I may wear this during the summer, and the tone once it settles is not bad. Great for wearing on weekends or lounging around the house or when company calls and comes over at the last minute and you do not want to do full-face makeup but still want 'something'. Also great for things like trips to the zoo in the summer, things like that, where you might not want or need a full-face, heavy-duty makeup, but still want to look 'presentable'...if you know what I mean....

Would re-purchase.
It does not knock my socks off, but it does pretty much what was expected.
I can live with the slightly different skin tone it gives me when compared to the pluses of this product. Not interested in trying other bb creams, as I mentioned, my skin can be sensitive, and at least this one works nicely enough and pretty much does what expected/anticipated. And hey a different skin tone can be......interesting!! ;-)

I hesitate to say this is my HG of BB creams but...........when I try other BB creams, this one always looks better.

Makes my skin look smooth and covers all my redness from LUPUS.

I look younger and my skin glows, you can't tell you are wearing foundation you just look healthy.

Lasts all day and my skin which is very sensitive to the sun doesn't burn.

The only thing I don't like is the aroma on appliction but that fades quite quickly and wouldn't stop my using this product.