L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

2.9

I bought the anti redness B.B. cream which says it “transforms to universal shade to reduce the look of redness.” It’s green tinted and that green tint did not fade—it was still very apparent even after the “transformation” to a universal color. The universal color is VERY dark. Think someone with deep olive skin who tans easily. This did nothing to reduce redness, it left a green tint behind, and it’s so far off base from my coloring. It went in the trash because I took too long to try to return it.

on 6/5/2017 12:56:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product but it oxidized almost immediately and left me a most unappealing shade of Sunkist©. Returned and resumed my search for a worthwhile BB cream.

on 1/15/2016 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a runny product that turns orange once blended. I tried adding sunscreen but it only made it a lighter shade of orange. I threw it out and will stick with my Marcelle BB cream which is inexpensive, hypoallergenic and covers better than any regular foundation I've tried.

on 2/26/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Fair because the Dream Fresh I've been using was so matte, I was hoping for something that would give a little more dewy effect on my less elastic skin. This was not the product to do that. It actually did give me a flattering effect, it just wasn't the makeup effect I was going for. This product has antioxidant beads that feel kind of like sand as you're applying the makeup. It takes about a minute for your body heat to melt the beads. During that minute, you could pass for an extra on The Walking Dead. After the beads melt it looks much better. It's a soft focus effect, very matte and a little more cool than what looks most natural on me. My skin looked translucent and pale, like an evening primrose petal. If I were still in my alternative days I would have finished off that look with a dark red lip and black eyeliner. Being that I'm no longer going for that effect, it's not quite what I had in mind. I won't buy the Fair again, but I might give the Anti-Fatigue version a tryout.

on 1/23/2015 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like this BB Creme for days where I wear a tiny bit of makeup. The fairest shade is actually light enough for my pale skin. I apply a thin layer of this to my face, and I barely notice anything. But what I do notice is my pores look a little smaller, my skin looks a little smoother and slightly less red.

I could add more product for more results, but I love this BB creme because I can apply it without a mirror and it takes such little time to blend. It's kind of mistake proof.

It has a nice smooth finish - not too shiny or too matte. I don't need to add powder or worry about touching up. I can apply it and forget it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is an HG product for me, and if they ever stop making it, I will be very sad! I have really oily skin, especially in my t-zone. This product controls oil better than any other BB cream, foundation, primer, powder, or anything else I've ever tried. (and I've tried more than a few!) I generally wear this under a powder foundation to get a little more coverage, and it controls my oil ALL day, at least 10 hours, if not more. It doesn't have much coverage, but it does even out my skin tone and make it look smoother. I'm very fair and use the fair shade, and I have no issues with orange-ness; it blends in perfectly. I do wish it contained a sunscreen, but I wear one underneath this. I've bought this several times, and I always keep backups. I would not be without it!

on 9/9/2013 12:28:00 PM

I like this product, I just wish it was an actual BB cream. It seems to be more of a tinted cream. I put it on over my moisturizer because it's not quite hydrating enough. It evens out my skin tone and applies very smoothly. I use Fair in the fall/winter. This summer I had to start mixing it with a touch of Light. I like that this line has a few more colors that most other drugstore BB creams. Most are too dark even on the lightest color. It's not perfect but it's the best one I've found so far.

on 7/29/2013 3:29:00 PM

Love Love this Cream! It makes my skin all even and clear. Its nice and lite. I will keep buying this cream and get the CC cream as well.

on 7/2/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this! I have adult acne prone skin and this is by far the best one I have found. I just wish they could figure out away to add sunscreen to it with changing it! They did it right and what a great price! I can't live without it!

on 6/28/2013 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my very first BB cream purchase. I bought one in Fair and Light. Whoa - threw away the Light because it was way too dark for my fair skin. The Fair is even a little dark, but the reason I like this is because it is matte and it can be applied with your fingers very quickly when you are in a rush. It doesn't give the best finish, but it works in a pinch. The only downer is that there is no SPF. So, maybe use it going out at night when you don't need sun protection or need a more matte look.
UPDATE: Haven't used this in about six months, but now that I'm a little tan -- WOW! This is the perfect match and it leaves me mostly matte without having to oil blot throughout the day. I will continue to use this until it is gone. I don't think I'll be able to use it in the winter when I'm more pale, but it is the perfect sheer coverage -- without being overly dewy.