L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 7/29/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a good BB cream, as I am a BB Cream fan. A little goes a long way and it looks really natural on me. I bought it in the medium shade and I am tan, Puerto Rican. I usually use Garnier but it wasn't at my price point AND I didn't really want spf because I find that it makes my face too pale in the summer time when I'm pushing for the bronzed look. All in all, if you are looking for a good BB cream, try this one. It's not bad at all. Good for everyday wear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I can wear this as foundation. It makes me look naturally perfect, without looking like I have anything on! What is there not to love? As for skin care, I have not noticed any real difference, but the evening of my skintone, the tiny dose of color and the SPF is enough for me. Bought on sale at Walgreens for $8. The tube has lasted well over 6 months. Be careful though, comes out of the tube white, and as you apply it, it "adjusts"to the color you need. The medium color can seem way too orange if over applied. My go-to summer "foundation."

A great light coverage for those natural face days. Provided it doesn't oxidize on your skin. I would suggest using one shade lighter if possible in case it does. It fills in my pores and evens out my skin tone. I press some true match powder and concealer over it and the finish is exactly how I want. A natural matte.

I have pretty balanced skin and it lasts until the end of the day without breaking down really bad. It stays in place through sweat and humidity so I like it for the summer.

I use it with a thinner moisturizer ( olay regenerist and serum) and haven't had an issue with it turning orange. It oxidizes just enough to make it a pretty close match to my skin. Don't expect it to fully cover acne or scars but a heavier concealer could make up for that.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was underwhelmed when I first got this, alone it was adequate but nothing amazing... then I started mixing it with other beauty balms and tinted moisturizers and I absolutely love it for that. It's one of the only actually light/pale bb creams I've found so I use it to lighten other stuff, like Laura Mercier and Nyx which both work great but are too dark for me. I also use it to cut the shine and oily look and feeling down with my favorite bb creams and tinted moisturizers. The effect is just perfect and I'll repurchase as it's become a must have for me as I wear a bb cream or similar in place of heavier coverage foundation 90% of the time I wear a full face.

on 8/20/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok this review i just have to write. This product is worst thing that touched my face. Ever. I have oily nw 15 skin and lightest shade was too dark for me ( for some reason i cant find match in any loreal foundation and i dont think i will buy anything from loreal ever). This suff is like putting pure oil on my skin, i looked gray and orangey in some spots,i transferred everywhere,i wiped it away from my forehed in an hour( it was easy to do it too) because of how grasy it felt. horror..

on 12/2/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally love L'Oreal bases, and like this BB cream. Just like.

The main point against this is it is a shade-adjusting product, meaning it comes out white and the pigments release when you rub it in. I have had a terrible experience with such products in the past, but thankfully the lightest shade, Fair, works well *for me.* However, for anyone who is super fair-skinned, I think you're out of luck, and I'm not sure how the other Light (which I initially swatched in store; WAY too dark for me), Medium and Deep shades fare on darker skins.

Also, this does NOT have SPF (which, IMO, is a must-have for a BB cream), so remember to put on SPF beforehand.

Texture-wise, it has a very dry finish--not matte, per se, but much less dewy than most BBs. On my skin it's fairly good for all seasons, especially since I've found it clings minimally to my fall/winter dry patches. I like to blend it in with my fingers, then buff in with a dry brush if necessary. It has good light coverage, and since I usually require spot-concealing, I haven't had a problem with concealer blending in over top.

I LOOOVE the packaging--anything that comes in a squeeze tube is wonderful, AND this tube has a fine tip so you can be very precise in how much product you want, with no mess involved. The only downside is the tube is completely opaque, so you can't visually tell how much product is left.

Overall: If you're interested, buy this somewhere with a good return policy (that is, if they don't allow swatches) since your shade may not be a great match, and/or keep an eye out for coupons and sales (frequent with L'Oreal)! I won't be repurchasing only because there are other BB creams I want to try; plus, shade-adjusting bases, as I've found, are really hit-or-miss.

on 5/14/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for two weeks then on really hot days I really noticed its flaws. Fine white particles would appear in the areas under my eyes, above my lips and on my forehead (sweat gland areas). I could wipe it the white particles off easily but haven't used it again since then. Also I realized it doesn't hold up well for the whole day. It melts off easily and leaves the face a hot mess. Also was not a good match for my NC30 skin tone. I gave it to my mom.

Still on the hunt for a good BB cream for weekend use.

Wow I have a few drugstores BB creams and
Honestly this is actually one of the better ones.
I would wear this on a day that I normally wouldn't wear heavy makeup or on a day I just felt like going a lil on the natural side with minimal coverage. This bb cream and some mascara is my ideal goto look on a lazy day.
Its has light to medium coverage. I believe it's also buildable if need be.. but I use my fingers and apply all over my face and it appears white but while rubbing it soon gets color. I chose Medium. I am not light complected but not dark and it is perfect. It feels a like I put a moisturizer on my face. It leaves my skin feeling soft and definitely evens my skin tone out. I believe this is one of the better of the drugstores brands.

I bought this in the shade medium, to use it primarily as a (primer for my) bronzer. My skin is fair, so this works wonders as a base and for that purpose, this product is amazing! I don't know if I would use this as it was intended - as a BB cream, all over my face. I think even the lightest shade would be too dark for me. However, if you do find the color to be a bit off, I would suggest using it as mentioned.
It blends like a dream, doesn't look cakey, it has a beautiful light texture but is also sufficiently pigmented, and you can easily build it up. I usually top it off with my Mac bronzer in Gold (matte) and it looks so natural, I am completely blown off. I would also use it on a small blending brush to contour my nose and give some dimension to me eyelids. I love it for that and I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/4/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I do not recommend it to oily skin girls, it looks greasy. Returned it.