L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have pale, pink skin with bright rosy cheeks, and while I've learned to love my skin, I've been looking for something sheer coverage to tone down all the pink. I've tried tinted moisturizers and bb creams in the past, but they've always been too yellow/orange toned, sat on top of my skin and just looked awful. I'd about given up hope for finding something when I picked this up in Fair today. At first I was a bit leery because it comes out of the tube white, but it blended out beautifully. It's the exact perfect color. I used only a small amount so it just toned down the pink in my skin. I think if I were to apply more, it would neutralize or nearly neutralize the color. I have extremely sensitive skin and so far this hasn't bothered me. It feels slightly drying, but I obsessively moisturize and will only be wearing it every once in a while so I'm not too worried about it. Just so thrilled to find something that matches my skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this (in "Light") as a gift, having had zero experience with BB or CC creams to date. I am a medium to full coverage face product kinda gal, and on days when I really don't have time I usually just apply concealer and face powder to look more awake. I never really "got" the whole tinted moisturizer/BB hype, it seemed like one more marketing gimmick that was basically re-packaged light coverage foundation.

This has been pretty easy to use and fits its purpose as a light wash of color to even out my skintone and lessen the look of dark undereye circles, although I still use concealer on top of it. If you're dealing with dark circles, moderate to severe acne or any skin discoloration, this isn't going to be the miracle product that allows you to leave the house with minimal effort and no self-consciousness. It WILL provide a more fresh and even appearance to the skin and work for everyday wear if you're already pretty comfortable with your complexion.

This BB is pretty lightweight, hasn't broken me out and doesn't cause oiliness or dryness, but it has been downgraded a lippie because it does not hydrate the skin as far as I can tell. You will still need to apply moisturizer under this for optimal results. There's no unpleasant odor and the packaging is convenient. If you are looking for a very light coverage BB and don't mind a semi-matte finish, you will appreciate this product.

a little patchy bb cream and the light shade isn't very light.

pros tube packaging =hygenic color adapting = fits range of skintones affordable no spf cons runs a bit dark, wont fit super pale complexions no spf i love this bb cream, this is one of those products for when you want something without fuss to even out your skin a little. this, when applied gives your skin a beautiful bare skin look, quite similar to almay's smart shade foundations. this does run a bit dark, i am normally a medium shade in most foundations and bb creams (think natural beige/nude shades) and i buy this in fair and light. fair for winter and light for summer. i am combo skin and this doesn't make me any more oily than i would usually get throughout the day, so always a plus, also doesn't transfer on my skin. i put no spf as both a pro and con bc depending on how you feel about spf, thats up to you. it is about $10 or so at my cvs, but there are always sales and coupons

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This either oxidized or the pigment is poorly matched to my skin tone. Within minutes of application there were orange patches on my face. I'm returning it.

I first bought this about 3 years ago, loved it, forgot about it when I discovered new products to try and love, and repurchased recently to rediscover how much I loved it originally. I bought it in fair even though I'm usually a light-medium/ natural beige shades in most foundations this does oxidizes a little bit, and does a pretty good job of adjusting to my skin tone, which is why I bought the fair shade, and also runs a bit dark so for those fairer than me, I suggest adding a drop of the lumi primer in this line because it helps to lighten too dark foundations and bb creams. I think it is around $10-$11 so slightly above average. for combo to oily people, it provides decent oil control and also doesn't seem to cling to dry patches too much 4 out of 5 BC there is no spf in this, also BC it oxidizes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My skin- very oily, shiny within an hour after washing if bare skinned. Uneven, somewhat pink on the nose and cheeks. Larger pores on the center of my cheeks only. I grew up with super bad acne but has calmed now in my late 20s. So, this stuff is my favorite cover up type product. I've been using it for id guess about five years now. I'm not a fan of regular foundation as they appear unnatural and cakey, so this is a better choice and I love it. It works very well to even the tone of my skin and covers up blemishes fairly well. I'm not a fan of concealer, the less steps, the better. I use the fair shade which is just slightly too dark for me in the winter. My favorite thing about this is how well it controls oil. I once missed a small spot on my nose and later in the day I could see the small beads of oil there but the rest of the nose looked matte. It's not at all moisturizing. I use neutrogena combo skin lotion first, this bb cream, and usually a powder foundation. I find this stuff has good staying power, holds up for about eight hours. The tube lasts me about four months with daily use. Because of the beads, when you blend it into your skin it has a slight exfoliating effect. My skin actually started to improve in condition when I used this. For me, this stuff is a great price and my favorite!

on 4/24/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product feels like such a gimmick, from the pigment beads to the advertising...just everything about it. I wouldn't care if the BB cream was actually good, but it isn't. It provides very, very sheer coverage and has no staying power. This is like the kind of product you give to your five year old when they really want to wear foundation and you really want them not to.

on 4/17/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for something I can use every day instead of the tired old foundation routine. I chose this one and its pretty great. I chose the shade medium and I apply it with my fingers. It evens out your skin tone quite nicely however, if I want a flawless look I do go over some areas with concealer. It feels nice on the skin it almost feels like Im just wearing a moisturizer. It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct. It does all with the exception of prime because I get extremely oily even if I set it with powder. Although I get oily it does not rub off or become patchy so that's a good thing. Overall its a great product and I will repurchase until I can find one that will not allow me to get so oily. I would definitely recommend to those with normal or dry skin!!

My mother always taught me when I was young to not wear drug store makeup (i used to wear that awful cover girl makeup that made me breakout as a young teenager) So i was a little hesitant on giving this a try. I figured since I had never used BB cream before that instead of going and spending $40+ dollars on one from sephora that I would try a cheap one to see if i even liked the concept. This BB cream will freak you out a little bit when you first try it, it comes out white and has little beads that break open to blend the colour out. I have a lot of blemished but i find when I use this and some concealer my skin looks better then when I put a bunch of liquid makeup on. I have been using this for 2+ years now and have no desire to try a expensive brand. I use Chanel foundation when I am going out and this for my daily routine. If you are looking for something to cover up imperfections this is not for you it is not a foundation at all, it really just gives your skin some colour. As for the packaging I wish this came with a pump I always end up squirting out more then I need.