L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24
L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.2

This is the first bb cream that I have tried and I hated it. I currently use Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin and it has good oil control but is too thick and pore clogging for me. I thought a lighter foundation would be better and I have heard a lot about bb creams so this seemed like a good option. I got the lightest shade (fair) and it was still way too dark (I am about an NC 25). It gives decent coverage and a matte finish at first but it fades away after about 4 hours. Unfortunately this product just did not work for me.

I have been using this product for the last year or so now and i have to say, short and simple, that i really like it. This is in no way a true bb cream like the ones found in asia, but rather a tinted moisturizer that provides light (definitely not sheer, but not full on medium) coverage and leaves a matte finish which my oily skin can very much appreciate. This is one of those products, similar to the Almay Smart Shade, that comes out white but has little beads that break and will turn into the skin color on the bottle. It feels extremely light on the skin (like nothing is there) which is great and is one of the first TMs that i've tried that doesn't feel greasy what-so ever. It covers most of my blemishes and redness, but does leave a few of my darker hyper pigmentation spots still peek through, which is okay with me but may not be great for others looking for better coverage. Wish it had SPF, but since it doesn't break me out i can't complain too much. Overall great product and is perfect for keeping in your purse.

BTW YOU CAN GET THIS STUFF CHEAP IF YOU LOOK. Walmart carries this for $7.97 and there is often a $2 off coupon in the Sunday paper for L'Oreal face products. If you don't live near a Walmart , Walgreens offers these for 10.99 but if you wait they go on sale for a couple times a year for $8 as well and you can use that same coupon at the register :)

on 12/5/2013 9:54:00 PM

Love this! Matches my skin tone perfectly, doesnt make me oily or dry (i use a very hydrating moisturizer underneath). I love its natural finish. Makes my skin feel baby smooth. Doesn't break me out and make me look orange like the rimmel bb cream did. It's not a tinted moisturizer like the maybelline one. Finally bb cream that does what it claims to do!!

on 10/7/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I find this to be very drying on my skin, probably because my skin is acne-prone. There is barely any coverage which I don't mind because I use this as a primer to help smooth out my skin. It does help tone down some redness and scarring but once again doesn't completely cover. Also I realized sometimes if you aren't careful with applying you will be left with white on your face, be sure to blend!

I don't like this at all...it has zero coverage and I think it's all in everyone's head.. they just want to believe this stuff works...it's basically lotion with a dab of foundation mixed in...what a waste of 12$ this is not for people looking for a flawless dull coverage look!!beware...

I was scared because it's white at first, but it blended perfectly. Felt like I wasn't wearing anything. Like me, only better (:

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Like a lot of the reviews here, I originally purchased the "light" (812) shade thinking that it would be well suited for my skin. Unfortunately, the white turned into orange and I knew I could not leave the house with it on. However, I did like how it covered up my minor imperfections and diminished my pores. I decided to buy the "fair" (810) shade and mix the two. The color combination was perfect and it when I put it on, it looks like I naturally have great skin. I wish that there was SPF but other than that, I really like this product. I was put off at first by the suspended pigment beads and break when applied because it felt like I was exfoliating my face. To prevent this, I dot the product on my face and wait a minute or two while the warmth of my skin reacts to the product so when I spread it out, it does not feel rough. The coverage is great with the exception of some visibility from a few acne scars ( I use the Rimmel Scandal-eyes eyeliner in nude to cover it up) and my face looks flawless. During the summer, I have combination skin and this product really helps keep my t-zone matte. I have tried this product in the colder months and it can be drying but with the help of a moisturizer, I was fine.

on 6/6/2013 3:51:00 PM

I love this product. I have been on the hunt for a good, inexpensive primer for a while now and was excited when BB creams started to catch on. With this cream I can use it during the day with some light powder and my skin looks great. For date night I throw just a little concealer on top of it just to give an airbrushed look to my face and I literally look flawless. I have tons of acne scarring and a pretty gnarly scar on my forehead from an accident as a toddler and it even helps smooth that out. I buy this by the boat load lol it sells out FAST around here in the lighter shade.

on 6/5/2013 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had a sample of this in Light, and whoa orange! I am very fair-skinned, and although there is a color "Fair" lighter than the one I had, this was way dark for being named Light. Also, this went on very very orange. I can't decide if it was greasy or just a dewy finish, but I would not recommend this.

on 5/31/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have no problems with this! I can actually see it softening my face out when I apply it. Very awesome. I do HATE how it has 0 spf in it :( I haven't had too much problem with oiliness, def more than I do with a matte foundation, but nothing that would make think..OMG GET IT OFF NOW! I used to struggle majorly with oil...literally disgusting amounts, but that luckily is getting better :D
I love this, and I don't even wear foundation anymore, just my primer, this, and setting powder for my coverage. When asked no one could tell the difference in that and my makeupforevevr mat velvet....