Avon Glow Bronzing Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great bronzing brush. I bought this along with the Glow Bronzer and the bristles are so dense and soft. They pick up and deposit a nice amount of color. It applies and blends the bronzer so smoothly. It's a well made brush that doesn't shed, even after washing it several times and is as soft as when I first purchased it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon's Glow Bronzing Brush is part of Summer 2012's Glow Collection, a sun themed line of up of glosses, bronzers, Glimmersticks, and more. This bronzing brush is meant to be used with Avon's Glow Bronzing Powder and Glow Bronzing Pearls, however I don't have either of those. I did want the bronzing pearls though. Avon is so confident in this brush that they claims it's "perfect for bronzer application". This brush has nylon bristles, but they don't look or feel synthetic which is always nice. I purchased this brush for $4.75, but the full price is $4.99, I'm not quite sure why I got it for 24c less. I think that's a very reasonable price for a bronzing/powder style brush. This brush is limited edition, but will probably still be available until at least July if not longer.
This brush came wrapped in cellophane, so there really isn't anny packaging to speak of. Instead I'll describe the brush it's self. Avon gives a measurement of 4 1/2 inches long. I actually prefer mini/travel sized brushes, so this is a good thing for me. The handle is fairly thick, so it's easy to grasp and has a decent amount of weight in the hand. It's made of a shimmery bronzey brown plastic which seems to be the Glow collection's color theme. The ferrule is a shiny metallic copper. I like the look of this brush, it's very summery and bronzey. I like the Glow collection's packaging in general. It's just a bit fancier than Avon's usual packaging, plus it suits the theme of the collection perfectly.
The nylon bristles are very soft and extremely dense, almost as dense as a kabuki brush. This brush is so dense that the bristles move as one unit, as opposed to each individual bristle going whichever way it pleases. The fluid movement of this brush is a sign of a good quality, well constructed brush. The size (about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in circumference), and rounded shape of the head of the brush makes it perfect for swirling and buffing bronzer, or really any powder, in to the skin. I've actually been using this brush on a near daily basis, it's the only brush I've been using for bronzer. It blends bronzer out in the most natural looking way.
Avon's Glow Bronzing Brush seems to be very well made. Aside from the way the bristles move together with such precise fluidity, I've also experienced no shedding or splaying, nor does the brown dye in the bristles seem to bleed out during washing. This brush keeps it's shape perfectly after being washed, and despite being so dense it dries relatively fast. The ferrule seems very firmly attached to the handle.
I really like Avon's Glow Bronzing Brush. It's very well made, a definite step up from other Avon brushes I've had, which tend to be poorly put together and scratchy. This brush really is perfect for applying bronzer, just like Avon claimed. It's also perfectly priced at $5. I recommend purchasing this brush while it's still available. Mine gets quite a bit of use. I can't see myself using any other brush for bronzer for a while.

Popular Makeup Brushes