L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 6/16/2017 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've had this foundation for awhile but didn't really use it until yesterday, I must say I liked how it looked on my skin. Medium coverage, provides a satin finish and glow. It didn't accentuate my fine lines or pores which is a bonus. Also it was 80 degrees yesterday and it held up well without primer so for now this is a keeper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had such high hopes for this foundation and wanted it to work for me so badly. The coverage just wasn't there, it didn't sit well on my skin and it didn't longer than a couple of hours. Packaging and shade selection were nice though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One of my favorite go-to foundations!!! This staple is forever in my makeup rotation. As a normal-dry skinned gal I find this very moisturizing with a luxurious feel and slip to it. Not a full coverage but not cakey either which is exactly what I look for in a foundation! My freckles show through but my skin looks amazing. I receive lots of compliments when I wear this foundation also!! My only gripe is the tendency for this to wear off fairly fast, even when setting powder is used. Definitely not all day wear but if you don't mind reapplying midday you won't be disappointed!!!

I've only worn it for a day so I can't say much (yet), but just an fyi: W4 in this foundation is NC30 in Mac. It's a perfect match, and it didn't oxidize on me. Coverage was a bit sheer for my taste, but a) it didn't look cakey and b) it didn't fall into creases around my nose and mouth as make-up always does for me. The most important thing for me is an exact match (which is really hard to do with drugstore makeup) and no creasing/cakeyness.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My skin has been really dry, so I did a search for foundations good for dry skin and found this. At first I was fairly pleased. It won't cover really flaky dry patches, but it doesn't cake or crease in moderately dry areas. It goes on almost sheer, but covering most redness. I was really impressed with that.

However, I'm beginning to suspect it's aggravating my acne. I wondered for a while, but wasn't consistent in wearing or monitoring it. I haven't worn it in a while, and I immediately noticed problem areas today after removing my makeup and washing my face.

Try it if you'd like, but monitor your acne to see if it affects you.

on 4/27/2017 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for a little over a month now so I feel like I can properly give it a review.

This foundation is honestly becoming my HG foundation. It's at a great price and is actually good quality. I use my Real Techniques sponge to apply this and it goes on wonderfully and blends very well. It doesn't cling to my dry patches, it doesn't cake up, it just works really well. It conveniently comes with a pump which is huge for me. It gives a dewy finish that looks natural and makes me look luminous.

The one very big drawback of this foundation for me is the limited shades available. I really hope they extend this. I think my foundation is a little bit too dark for me but I love it so much that I just deal with it because it's not very noticeable.

PROS
Good medium coverage
Blendable
No fragrance
Comes with a pump
Affordable

CONS
Limited shades available

If you have dry skin then I recommend this. I have combo skin that leans dry and I love it. I prime it with Smashbox's Photo Finish primer, set it with Laura Mercier's transluscent loose setting powder and spray it with Urban Decay's All Nighter spray and it lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It's ok. Definitely more of a winter foundation. It lasted about 5-6 hours in the FL sun and humidity before it started to really sheer up and settle into lines/separate. No overwhelming fragrance. Light-medium coverage with a beauty blender. Gives a "dewy" finish. Didn't cling to my dry patches (caused by RX acne med) or accentuate any fine lines/wrinkles. It's decently lightweight, especially for something with added SPF. Dries down relatively well; however, I found that it still feels slightly lotion-y even after several hours. I probably won't repurchase, but we'll see how it works in colder, drier weather.

on 3/12/2017 3:36:00 AM

The L'Oreal True Match Lumi and this Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth have IDENTICAL INGREDIENTS up until the last few preservatives!!!! This makes sense because L'Oreal owns Lancome, Maybelline, and Garnier.

Please, take a look at my Notepad for more on my favorites/ referral links.

I love this foundationnn so much, it gives such a natural finish almost looks like you barely got anything on your face. The coverage is meduim to light and it evens out my skin tone perfectly, although I wouldn't recommend this foundation on oily skin since its a luminous foundation. But its perfect for girls with more on the dry skin type.I applied this foundation with an artis brush, and it gave a really flawless airbrushed finish.So happy I purchased this product would definetly repurchase if mine runs out.

on 12/19/2016 8:25:00 PM

I love this foundation. For years i went without and only used concealer with primer. After the hype of contouring, I decided I needed a good mellow foundation that looked natural and it had decent coverage. This is just that! I am so happy about this product because the lumi primer is also one of my favorites.