L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 8/1/2017 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG DS foundation, no doubt. I picked this up based on Stephanie Nicole's recommendation on DS foundations for dry skin. She was so right! The shade range is excellent - W4 is a perfect match for my skin and I mean PERFECT. The coverage is medium to full. I can't speak to needing more than that because I just don't need super full coverage.

I use about 3 pumps and apply with a damp RT sponge - the finish is so natural and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my skin. I get about 10 hours of wear before it starts to slightly break up - which is acceptable for me given I wear it as part of my every day work look. There is no discernible scent and the pump is bomb. I will keep this in my stash!

on 7/31/2017 5:24:00 PM

I like this, it's more like a 3.5. I just think there are better options. It's not huge coverage but it's like a fuller tinted moisturizer. It does stay dewy. I find that it breaks down on my skin around the 8-hour mark. It's a great price and I use it if I know I won't be out ALL day in it.

on 7/30/2017 8:08:00 PM

Amazing! Covers decent, looks so natural and dewy. Lasts all day. My only complaint...I wish there were lighter shades. I have fair skin and the lightest shades is far too dark.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh Lumi...where do I start? So, right off the bat I'm going to tell you that this is probably my favorite drugstore foundation and it actually just might be my favorite foundation across the board. I bought it when it first came out and loved it so much that I finished another 4 bottles of it or something and tbh I hadn't used it in quite awhile (about a year or so).
I've been going through a foundation crisis lately, trying this and that and overall disliking everything I've tried while spending a fortune. I decided to pick up a new bottle of this stuff remembering how much I liked it and omg, why didn't I go back to this sooner?!

This foundation gives me the perfect amount of coverage for my combination skin. I have fine lines (I'm 34), larger pores on and around my nose and I get the occasional breakout. I find it covers redness really well even though it's more of a Medium coverage. I can even get away with skipping concealer altogether with this foundation.

This foundation not only gives me a really natural lit from within glow, but it evens out my skin tone beautifully, does not pool, crease or accentuate my pores which is miraculous, it doesn't cling to dry patches, it doesn't look cakey or heavy and it doesn't break me out (which is weird because every other L'Oreal foundation does....especially my arch nemesis Infallible and it doesn't matter which one). It looks natural and beautiful in every light which is a huge deal for me. It is buildable without becoming too heavy looking.
Honestly, I get more compliments on my skin when I wear Lumi than any other foundation I've ever used. I just used it for the first time in ages, went out shopping and had TWO ladies ask me what I use for skincare. I told them it was this foundation and they looked at me like I was on crack (no offense to crack users).

This foundation blends beautifully into my skin. I use a beauty blender primarily but I've had good results from brushes as well (just picked up the Kevyn Aucoin foundation brush and the KVD lock it edge foundation brush and can't wait to try them with it). This foundation sets with more of a satin finish once it's dried down and isn't as dewy as you'd expect even though your skin looks luminous and dewy. It doesn't make my oily areas look more oily and for the most part my skin doesn't feel more oily than it typically does. I do have to blot a few times throughout the day but that is typical for me, especially in TX heat and humidity.
I will say it is not transfer proof, but seriously, what is?

I don't find it oxidizes at all on me. I use the shade N1-2 and it matches my skin peeeeerfectly! Seriously nothing has really matched my skin this well and I've tried a ton of foundations recently. I love how extensive the shade range is for this foundation. If you're not sure if you're cool or warm, the neutral range might be your best bet. I lean toward yellow undertones but I also have a slight pink undertone as well. Warm foundations typically make me look too orange and cool undertones can wash me out. The neutral really works well for me.

All in all this is a fabulous foundation imo. Everyone is different and has different reactions to different products and what works for some may not work for everyone. For me, it's a total win and definitely gets a HG status. I don't really plan on changing up my foundation game anytime soon now that I've been reunited with my Lumi.

I would definitely recommend it for those that want a good Medium coverage that don't want or need a full coverage, especially if you find that full coverage tends to look too heavy or cakey or powdery on your skin. I'd also recommend it to those that like luminous products without looking like you're just wearing glitter. If you're a matte gal or guy, you may not like it.

Since I have combo skin and it works well for me, I'd recommend it for combo skin. I could maybe see an issue if you're oily all around as far as wear but perhaps with a good primer and setting powder it may be just fine. For dry skin I think this would be pretty hydrating, as it doesn't cake or accentuate my drier areas or any dry patches from breakouts.

I'm really glad L'Oreal chose to keep the Lumi line. Obviously it sells well enough that they've made it part of their permanent line, and with good reason. It's definitely a keeper in my book.

on 6/16/2017 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've had this foundation for awhile but didn't really use it until yesterday, I must say I liked how it looked on my skin. Medium coverage, provides a satin finish and glow. It didn't accentuate my fine lines or pores which is a bonus. Also it was 80 degrees yesterday and it held up well without primer so for now this is a keeper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had such high hopes for this foundation and wanted it to work for me so badly. The coverage just wasn't there, it didn't sit well on my skin and it didn't longer than a couple of hours. Packaging and shade selection were nice though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One of my favorite go-to foundations!!! This staple is forever in my makeup rotation. As a normal-dry skinned gal I find this very moisturizing with a luxurious feel and slip to it. Not a full coverage but not cakey either which is exactly what I look for in a foundation! My freckles show through but my skin looks amazing. I receive lots of compliments when I wear this foundation also!! My only gripe is the tendency for this to wear off fairly fast, even when setting powder is used. Definitely not all day wear but if you don't mind reapplying midday you won't be disappointed!!!

I've only worn it for a day so I can't say much (yet), but just an fyi: W4 in this foundation is NC30 in Mac. It's a perfect match, and it didn't oxidize on me. Coverage was a bit sheer for my taste, but a) it didn't look cakey and b) it didn't fall into creases around my nose and mouth as make-up always does for me. The most important thing for me is an exact match (which is really hard to do with drugstore makeup) and no creasing/cakeyness.

Edit: ok, have worn this at least 10 times now over the summer and am reaching for it daily in the mornings as my foundation. I use 2 pumps and dot all over my face using my hands to blend in. I own a beauty blender and makeup brushes as well, but find that fingers are best with this foundation because it really melts the makeup into your skin and smooths it out. I set with Reserve Your Cabana by wet n' wild on some days or with a bit of Mac Powder Plus Foundation if I want more coverage. This foundation makes your skin look all dewy and smooth and I think I said this above before - it doesn't crease and settle into lines!!! So important for me because although I know I wear makeup, I don't really want people to see my makeup if you know what I mean. Now I'm about to buy the L'Oréal Lumi Primer today. I'm intrigued by this line since I now love the foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My skin has been really dry, so I did a search for foundations good for dry skin and found this. At first I was fairly pleased. It won't cover really flaky dry patches, but it doesn't cake or crease in moderately dry areas. It goes on almost sheer, but covering most redness. I was really impressed with that.

However, I'm beginning to suspect it's aggravating my acne. I wondered for a while, but wasn't consistent in wearing or monitoring it. I haven't worn it in a while, and I immediately noticed problem areas today after removing my makeup and washing my face.

Try it if you'd like, but monitor your acne to see if it affects you.

on 4/27/2017 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for a little over a month now so I feel like I can properly give it a review.

This foundation is honestly becoming my HG foundation. It's at a great price and is actually good quality. I use my Real Techniques sponge to apply this and it goes on wonderfully and blends very well. It doesn't cling to my dry patches, it doesn't cake up, it just works really well. It conveniently comes with a pump which is huge for me. It gives a dewy finish that looks natural and makes me look luminous.

The one very big drawback of this foundation for me is the limited shades available. I really hope they extend this. I think my foundation is a little bit too dark for me but I love it so much that I just deal with it because it's not very noticeable.

PROS
Good medium coverage
Blendable
No fragrance
Comes with a pump
Affordable

CONS
Limited shades available

If you have dry skin then I recommend this. I have combo skin that leans dry and I love it. I prime it with Smashbox's Photo Finish primer, set it with Laura Mercier's transluscent loose setting powder and spray it with Urban Decay's All Nighter spray and it lasts all day.