L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Looking for a more "dewy" or "glowy" look now that I'm getting older. Hiding brown spots (they are very feint) is important, but looking caked with makeup is not something I want. Picked up W3 (Nude Beige) at Ulta where they have testers so you can get close to the right shade. There aren't as many shades of this as their are of True Match Super Blendable, but this was close enough.

Pro -
It does add a little glow - not sparkle or shimmer reflection, nothing like strobing, but just the right amount, as if light effortlessly bounces off my face all the right places now
Dewier finish helps dry skin stay hidden
Sunscreen
Very blendable
Medium coverage - doesn't hide my skin

Cons -
It doesn't hide a lot of flaws. While it's not supposed to be full cover foundation, spots remain visible even with multiple layers.
May be too dewy or liquidy for some people. Tends to transfer easily with summer heat and sweat.

Bottom line: I'll buy this again. It's miles better than the LancĂ´me foundation I was using, it's better than Wet & Wild (although that's really good), and I like the overall effect.

on 2/26/2018 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After using Revlon Colorstay for years I decided to try something different. I'd loved the shade Buff in Colorstay but was never happy with the matte finish. Fortunately Lumi W 1-2 was light enough for me. I always apply makeup with a magnifying mirror and in natural light so I can accurately judge the coverage and finish. It looked so natural, as if I had no makeup on at all! This would be best for women with normal-dry skin and who don't need much coverage. For me it gave a nice satin finish not what I would call dewy. I am so glad I tried this because I was never a fan of the original True Match.

on 2/10/2018 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've bought 3 bottles of this foundation to date and let me tell u what I've learned.
It has no staying power on its own the foundation will start to separate and disappear in 4 h .Now i I only wear in the winter time in Canada
1)in cold months If set with powder and urban decay setting spray it last 8 hours when I am just having dinner and relaxing with friends
2) in summer no matter what I do with my makeup if I sweat from walking in the city , the foundation will literary slide off my face and it isn't pretty.
Overall I really like the finish of it cause I have dry skin in the winter it's medium coverage and dewy. It also mix very well with my matte concealer and foundation.

on 1/29/2018 5:46:00 PM

I bought this due to my love for a luminous glowy look. What a waste of money! This was ALMOST 20 dollars Canadian!

For some reason this foundation was difficult to blend, had no staying power whatsoever (even when topped with powder) and made me breakout.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Please, if you are sensitive or acne-prone, stay away from this foundation. Do not be tempted by the price, pretty bottle, or dewy claims. I don't know what it is about this foundation, the ingredients aren't very unusual or unique, but this gave me a few, terrible cystic pimples that took a couple of weeks to fully go away. Try at your own risk, patch test, and cleanse as thoroughly as possible after using.

on 12/4/2017 7:56:00 PM

This is a great foundation from the drugstore that you can make light, medium and full coverage. I like that it has a pump as the True Match in a small bottle does not. They have many shades to choose from as well.

on 11/19/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Terrible terrible terrible Accentuated texture on my skin to an extreme The warm tone was way too pink Made skin look dry patchy and BUMPY

on 11/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this. My biggest issues were how it wore. It broke down and sort of separate after only 4 hours sitting in an office and it never set, but stayed kind of wet on the skin. The dealbreaker was that it transferred like crazy! Heaven forbid something touches your face or you hug someone, you'll get foundation on their clothes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I live where it's sunny and dry pretty much throughout the year, and I'm not getting any younger. A lot of moisturizer makes the foundation rub off, and facial oils give me whiteheads. So, I use this (1 pump is enough to cover my face) and dust a tiny bit of powder, and I'm so happy. If you want a really good coverage, you might want to apply 2 or 3 coats of this product. For dry skin, this is neither greasy nor heavy. I'm really impressed. As for the shade, "N 1-2" is perfect for my NC 15-20 skin.

on 8/1/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG DS foundation, no doubt. I picked this up based on Stephanie Nicole's recommendation on DS foundations for dry skin. She was so right! The shade range is excellent - W4 is a perfect match for my skin and I mean PERFECT. The coverage is medium to full. I can't speak to needing more than that because I just don't need super full coverage.

I use about 3 pumps and apply with a damp RT sponge - the finish is so natural and it doesn't feel like I have anything on my skin. I get about 10 hours of wear before it starts to slightly break up - which is acceptable for me given I wear it as part of my every day work look. There is no discernible scent and the pump is bomb. I will keep this in my stash!