L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 12/19/2016 8:25:00 PM

I love this foundation. For years i went without and only used concealer with primer. After the hype of contouring, I decided I needed a good mellow foundation that looked natural and it had decent coverage. This is just that! I am so happy about this product because the lumi primer is also one of my favorites.

on 12/14/2016 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have very fair skin with yellow/olive undertones. W1-2 works for me when I have a tan, but in the winter, forget it. It's very obviously too dark. It also doesn't have as much of a yellow undertone as it should for "warm". When first applied, it's absolutely gorgeous. The finish is super dewy and luminous, but not shimmery, glittery, or sparkly. It has a thin consistency, which I love because it evens your skin out but still looks natural. Even with primer and setting spray it settles into my fine lines, and I don't have many. I do not set it with powder, because I don't want to loose the luminous finish, and I don't set any foundations with powder it looks cakey on me. The packaging is beautiful, glass bottle, nice pump with a cap. It would not be so great for traveling imo. It's on on the pricier side for ds, but it ranges from store to store. I would use this if I was going to dinner or a movie and would only be out for a couple hours but not for a 9+ hour workday. I much prefer loreal's pro-glow. The finish is the same but the staying power is much longer. It also comes in a tube and is more space saving and travel friendly. I would not repurchase. There is no scent. It does not irritate my skin.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This whole time I wished they had it in W7 but my original true match oxidizes a bit so I mix the shade w6 with the original true match foundation in w7 and I LOVE the finish it gives.

BUT, it has this odd powdery texture only in the sunlight and you can see ALL your little peach fuzz hairs but I'm sure it can be toned down if not eliminated with a damp beauty blender application (rather than a flat top buffing brush) but overall it's great. I hear it's a dupe for GA luminous silk but I've never tried it:/

PLEASE NOTE: The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I love to expirement and could probably get a similar finish by mixing LORÉAL infallible matte with MAC face and body .

I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I still can't figure out if I like it or not. I'm almost fifty (50!) with clear, unlined skin...used to be oily but can now get somewhat dry in the winter. I DO have to use a pore-filling primer with this and my pores aren't large. I like the coverage, which can be and needs to be layered on thinly, to a good medium coverage. The finish is indeed luminous. I love that, until I don't. After a while it seems more greasy than luminous. It also seems to kind of just disappear after a few hours. For my purposes, I'd use it if I were going out for a dinner in the evening or a party. Where it would look GREAT and dewy for three or four hours. I wouldn't count on it beyond that. And if you are oily, this would be a definite no.

on 11/18/2016 11:27:00 AM

This is a product youtube made me buy. Everyone was talking about how great this foundation was but I just don't see it. First off, the shade range is actually pretty terrible. They have 15 shades but there are really just 5 shades in 3 different undertones. I'm about a NC20 (leaning NC15) and I find I'm in between W1-2 and W3. In their original True Match Line, I wear W2.

I'm also not a fan of the finish. I have normal/combination skin so I get slightly oily around my nose and under my eyes. I actually found the finish of this foundation to look powdery on my skin and not dewy at all. It could also be because I'm wearing the wrong shade.

A main aspect I look for in a foundation is it's ability to last all day. I work 9 hours a day and then typically go shopping or run other errands after work so I need a foundation to last 12 or more hours. This foundation broke down and started to look patchy after only 6 hours. If I can't wear the foundation all day, I'm probably not going to reach for it often.

It's a great alternative to the Giorgio Armani silk foundation. Definitely for dry skin like me, the only thing I have to say is that it oxidizes so during the day it looks dark and orangey so I'd buy a shade lighter for lighter skin. The packaging is nice for drugstore, class container with a pump. It does in fact leave a luminous finish! I'd recommend it.

on 10/25/2016 1:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got this in N1-2. I like the finish and the coverage. I used to wear the famous Armani Luminous Silk and I feel this foundation is comparable. After wearing this for a while I felt the color was a bit too light. I had a Maybelline liquid mousse foundation that was a bit dark and I've been mixing the two to get the right color. When it comes time to replace I'll have to maybe try the next darker color or mix two colors again.

I wish I could give this a 3.5 I think it would be a fair score. I have combination sensitive skin and this foundation is a real drugstore find. It's cheap, it doesn't break me out, and my t- zone can handle this (+setting powder and spray). Here comes the but, when I initially tested it I thought the color suited my leaning more yellow nc20 skin pretty well. The more I use it the more confused I get, I'm not sure if it's how I apply it or if I sometimes don't shake it enough? Some days it is so warm on my skin. That and when applying it does try to pile up on the edges a bit so you really have to make sure you blend it all completely out. Any spots under your chin you may have missed could end up looking a bit strange. But if making sure I really blend my entire face and neck is all I have to deal with to spend less than $30 on a foundation, I call this a happy medium.

I love love love this foundation. I'm more than impressed. It's more on the pricey side which is its down low but I love it. Dewy, beautiful on the skin, a pump, blends pretty nicely, it had medium coverage but it's definitely buildable :) I swear by it.

I'm currently using this. I have combo/dry acne prone skin. This foundation is good at not drying out my skin and doesn't cling to dry patches, but the longevity of it is a little disappointing. Even with a setting spray im lucky if this lasts a school day. It's a little on the high end price wise for a drugstore foundation. Coverage is about medium, and does give you a very glowy look!