L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 9/27/2016 1:52:00 AM

This is definitely a dupe of GA's Luminous Silk Foundation. They perform very similarly, which makes sense since GA Beauty is owned by L'Oreal. The difference is that on initial swatch, it looks lighter and sets slightly darker, so it's a bit difficult to tell which is the right match. Another difference is the immediate finish - this foundation is dewier than its GA counterpart, but upon side by side comparison, they both get to the same level of dewiness after about 3-4 hours.

Luckily for me, I picked the right shade, W3, which is the EXACT MATCH for GA's shade 5.75 in Luminous Silk. I'm not kidding, same exact shade side by side, swatched. For reference, I'm between NC25-30, where NC25 is slightly too light and NC30 is slightly too dark/orange. Since this foundation is light in coverage, it's very forgiving.

Lasting power is ok - like all foundations of this type, it starts breaking up on my nose area after a few hours. But for the most part, it looks pretty good.

It's currently fall season, so my skin (and the air) is a little on the drier side, so this works really well. This will definitely not work in the summer, as I get very greasy very easily in hot climates. It is perfect for fall/winter and I'm loving it.

Bottom line, if you like GA's Luminous Silk, you would like this one as well.

the formula of this foundation is so lovely, it applies and covers like a dream. i have normal slightly oily skin and i love this way more than the original version. i hate that im in between colors, W1-2 is too light and W3 is too dark. this does oxidize a little bit as the day wears on, and i would much rather use a lighter foundation than a slightly darker one. for lighter colors, i can make it work by adding bronzer or a darker powder when setting. with too dark ones i will turn into an oompa loompa and that is never attractive. coverage is a good medium

To Read all 511 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/10/2016 9:47:00 PM

This is my holy grail drugstore foundation. I have never found a drugstore foundation that works as good as this. It gives the most amazing glowy finish and lasts on the skin (as long as you wear a primer) all day. I would say this is a light to medium coverage foundation. It takes down my redness and transforms my dull pale skin into healthy looking skin. I have extremely dry, sensitive, and fair skin and this does not dry me out or cause any reactions for me. The only reason I gave it 4 lippes instead of 5 is because it doesn't set well on its own so you will need a setting powder even on dry skin and I wish it had a little bit more coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never had a break out like I do from using this!! I have never experienced problems with any foundation ever... and this makes me look so greasy! I can't deal

on 8/30/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you have extremely dry skin and don't have too many skin issues to cover up, this is a fantastic and affordable foundation. For reference, I have dry, flaky skin. I have occasional hormonal acne and I scar very easily, but I do not have extreme skin issues I need to conceal.

This foundation applies and sets with a healthy, dewy finish. It does not continue to feel tacky throughout the day and plays well with layering concealers, liquid highlight, and powders on top. It is not shimmery either- it just gives your skin a fresh, youthful appearance. It can be a bit streaky during application when using a brush, so a cushion puff or beauty blender are good options. The coverage is decent- I have scarring on my chin and temples that are reduced, but not completely covered by this. I also have very red cheeks, and this does just fine at covering that up. I am extremely picky with foundations and am hyper-conscious of whether or not I look cakey. This is one of the few foundations I have continuously used and not had to worry about cakiness.

My biggest complaint with this foundation is the staying power. I have very dry skin, and it still doesn't last more than 5-6 hours. It doesn't wear off in a patchy or streaky way, but it still doesn't last very well. It also has a tendency to settle into pores if you're not careful. I have large pores/sebaceous filaments around my nose, and I need to be careful with this foundation so it does not catch on the texture in that area. Again, using a beauty blender or puff helps a lot with this.

All in all, if you are on a budget and are looking for an everyday foundation suitable for dry skin that requires light to light-medium coverage. The shade range is decent, and I love that it is in a pump bottle (I use about 1.5 pumps for my face & a bit of my neck). Its biggest downfall is its staying power, but it is worth it for the price & not looking cakey throughout the day.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Maybe I should have bought the original L'oreal True Match, but this foundation makes me look like a greasy chicken. So sad, because the packaging is one of the best ever :(

on 8/4/2016 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If could pick one foundation for everyday wear, it would be THIS.

I'm always on the lookout for a foundation that hydrates and plumps my skin without looking like an oil depot. This foundation is one of those gems.

THE PRODUCT:
> Consistency is just right - not too thick, not too liquid-y/runny.
> Has a wiiiide range of colours - L'Oreal has somehow "perfected" this cool, neutral and warm undertone thing on their foundations, huh? I got mine in the shade W3 -- too light for my NC37 skin, but that's because I'm extremely acidic.
> One layer (on my face and neck that's 3 pumps of the product) gives a medium coverage
> Pore coverage: It does not really cover up or blurs out my pores but it does not emphasize them either.

PROS:
+ The number 1, number 1 PRO of this foundation, for me, is the finish. It gives me that HEALTHY skin. Not really a glow, as this doesn't have sparkles or glitters in it, but just a plump-looking face, as if my face has been drenched in a heavy nighttime moisturizer for a week. Like, I wish my face was that healthy and alive every single minute of my life! Haha!
+ Does not settle into fine lines and does not emphasize bumps or dry spots.
+ Oxidizes but not to the "Oompa-Loompa" point, just only to the point where the colour can eventually blend into your natural skin colour (unless you get a shade that's unreasonably light ;))

CONS:
- If you do not have the patience to blot, this could be a relevant CON for you, as the foundation is not matte, and will do nothing to stop your oil glands from doing their thing. For me, I don't mind blotting, I think it's part of life. Haha! But seriously, I think even though my skin is normal-dry, it gets a reaction whenever anything is put on it, so the oiliness is really just part of putting makeup on. However, if you're oily.....

- I'm not sure if L'Oreal has an actual MEDIUM shade that has YELLOW undertone in it. I remember picking up W3 just because I thought W4 has a neutral undertone, and W5 is already too dark for my acidic skin, so... for me, that was kind of a CON.

All in all, I give it 4 smashin', long-wearing (hahaha) lipsticks, just because I want my 5 Lipsticks to go to THE PRODUCT that would blow my mind and to which I would say, "You're my Holy Grail, I love you forever." Hahahaha!

Hello MUA!
Ok, so I am a woman over 40 and as most of us ladies know and come to realize, the glow in our skin just diminishes after a certain age. Sad, but true. I have worn this product from 2009-2012. I honestly don't know why I stopped using it! I recently went back to it and I am so glad that I did!
The Glow: Absolutely light pigmented, it reflects the light and does give you a more youthful appearance.
The Price: For a DS Foundation, this works like a HE Foundation at a very affordable price.
The Comparison To DS vs HE: IT'S definitely got awesome quality. You can't tell that it is a DS Foundation, when the outcome feels, looks like, and performs like a HE Foundation!
*Yes I Would Recommend This Product and I Have Repurchaseed it!! You look and feel younger! I have gotten alot of compliments on my skin, when actually it is because of this foundation!
CONS: I Can't think of any cons at all! It stays on during the hazy,hot and sticky weather as well as the cold and frigid weather.
Love It!!

on 7/26/2016 1:13:00 PM

At 38, I'm a little late to the make up game (I was never taught how to truly utilize makeup) and am thoroughly enjoying the learning process. I've tried a good many foundations in recent months and I like this one the best so far.

It goes on well, gives full coverage but doesn't settle into lines and make you look crepe-y, and wears well. Paired with ELF Hydrating primer I find that 5 hours in looks as good as (if not better than) the original application while 10 hours isn't quite as good. This is, however, without powder touch ups and during the heat dome summer 2016 so I think having it left at all is quite nice.

I apply it over primer with a brush and then blend with a damp beauty blender. Then I set it with a color correcting powder before continuing on with make up.

on 7/21/2016 2:13:00 PM

This is one of the better drugstore foundations I've used, but I still have some issues with it, and would not purchase it again. This foundation transfers pretty bad-- onto my hands, my phone, tissues. It also tends to separate on the dryer areas of my face, and especially in my T-zone. It just won't stay put. I think if I had perfectly smooth skin that wasn't combination, this would work just fine. I do like the texture of the foundation, and I haven't had any issues with it breaking me out. I bought shade W1-2.