L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 4/27/2017 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for a little over a month now so I feel like I can properly give it a review.

This foundation is honestly becoming my HG foundation. It's at a great price and is actually good quality. I use my Real Techniques sponge to apply this and it goes on wonderfully and blends very well. It doesn't cling to my dry patches, it doesn't cake up, it just works really well. It conveniently comes with a pump which is huge for me. It gives a dewy finish that looks natural and makes me look luminous.

The one very big drawback of this foundation for me is the limited shades available. I really hope they extend this. I think my foundation is a little bit too dark for me but I love it so much that I just deal with it because it's not very noticeable.

PROS
Good medium coverage
Blendable
No fragrance
Comes with a pump
Affordable

CONS
Limited shades available

If you have dry skin then I recommend this. I have combo skin that leans dry and I love it. I prime it with Smashbox's Photo Finish primer, set it with Laura Mercier's transluscent loose setting powder and spray it with Urban Decay's All Nighter spray and it lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It's ok. Definitely more of a winter foundation. It lasted about 5-6 hours in the FL sun and humidity before it started to really sheer up and settle into lines/separate. No overwhelming fragrance. Light-medium coverage with a beauty blender. Gives a "dewy" finish. Didn't cling to my dry patches (caused by RX acne med) or accentuate any fine lines/wrinkles. It's decently lightweight, especially for something with added SPF. Dries down relatively well; however, I found that it still feels slightly lotion-y even after several hours. I probably won't repurchase, but we'll see how it works in colder, drier weather.

on 3/12/2017 3:36:00 AM

The L'Oreal True Match Lumi and this Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth have IDENTICAL INGREDIENTS up until the last few preservatives!!!! This makes sense because L'Oreal owns Lancome, Maybelline, and Garnier.

Please, take a look at my Notepad for more on my favorites/ referral links.

I love this foundationnn so much, it gives such a natural finish almost looks like you barely got anything on your face. The coverage is meduim to light and it evens out my skin tone perfectly, although I wouldn't recommend this foundation on oily skin since its a luminous foundation. But its perfect for girls with more on the dry skin type.I applied this foundation with an artis brush, and it gave a really flawless airbrushed finish.So happy I purchased this product would definetly repurchase if mine runs out.

on 12/19/2016 8:25:00 PM

I love this foundation. For years i went without and only used concealer with primer. After the hype of contouring, I decided I needed a good mellow foundation that looked natural and it had decent coverage. This is just that! I am so happy about this product because the lumi primer is also one of my favorites.

on 12/14/2016 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have very fair skin with yellow/olive undertones. W1-2 works for me when I have a tan, but in the winter, forget it. It's very obviously too dark. It also doesn't have as much of a yellow undertone as it should for "warm". When first applied, it's absolutely gorgeous. The finish is super dewy and luminous, but not shimmery, glittery, or sparkly. It has a thin consistency, which I love because it evens your skin out but still looks natural. Even with primer and setting spray it settles into my fine lines, and I don't have many. I do not set it with powder, because I don't want to loose the luminous finish, and I don't set any foundations with powder it looks cakey on me. The packaging is beautiful, glass bottle, nice pump with a cap. It would not be so great for traveling imo. It's on on the pricier side for ds, but it ranges from store to store. I would use this if I was going to dinner or a movie and would only be out for a couple hours but not for a 9+ hour workday. I much prefer loreal's pro-glow. The finish is the same but the staying power is much longer. It also comes in a tube and is more space saving and travel friendly. I would not repurchase. There is no scent. It does not irritate my skin.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This whole time I wished they had it in W7 but my original true match oxidizes a bit so I mix the shade w6 with the original true match foundation in w7 and I LOVE the finish it gives.

BUT, it has this odd powdery texture only in the sunlight and you can see ALL your little peach fuzz hairs but I'm sure it can be toned down if not eliminated with a damp beauty blender application (rather than a flat top buffing brush) but overall it's great. I hear it's a dupe for GA luminous silk but I've never tried it:/

PLEASE NOTE: The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I love to expirement and could probably get a similar finish by mixing LORÉAL infallible matte with MAC face and body .

I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I still can't figure out if I like it or not. I'm almost fifty (50!) with clear, unlined skin...used to be oily but can now get somewhat dry in the winter. I DO have to use a pore-filling primer with this and my pores aren't large. I like the coverage, which can be and needs to be layered on thinly, to a good medium coverage. The finish is indeed luminous. I love that, until I don't. After a while it seems more greasy than luminous. It also seems to kind of just disappear after a few hours. For my purposes, I'd use it if I were going out for a dinner in the evening or a party. Where it would look GREAT and dewy for three or four hours. I wouldn't count on it beyond that. And if you are oily, this would be a definite no.

on 11/18/2016 11:27:00 AM

This is a product youtube made me buy. Everyone was talking about how great this foundation was but I just don't see it. First off, the shade range is actually pretty terrible. They have 15 shades but there are really just 5 shades in 3 different undertones. I'm about a NC20 (leaning NC15) and I find I'm in between W1-2 and W3. In their original True Match Line, I wear W2.

I'm also not a fan of the finish. I have normal/combination skin so I get slightly oily around my nose and under my eyes. I actually found the finish of this foundation to look powdery on my skin and not dewy at all. It could also be because I'm wearing the wrong shade.

A main aspect I look for in a foundation is it's ability to last all day. I work 9 hours a day and then typically go shopping or run other errands after work so I need a foundation to last 12 or more hours. This foundation broke down and started to look patchy after only 6 hours. If I can't wear the foundation all day, I'm probably not going to reach for it often.

It's a great alternative to the Giorgio Armani silk foundation. Definitely for dry skin like me, the only thing I have to say is that it oxidizes so during the day it looks dark and orangey so I'd buy a shade lighter for lighter skin. The packaging is nice for drugstore, class container with a pump. It does in fact leave a luminous finish! I'd recommend it.