L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Maybe I should have bought the original L'oreal True Match, but this foundation makes me look like a greasy chicken. So sad, because the packaging is one of the best ever :(

on 8/4/2016 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If could pick one foundation for everyday wear, it would be THIS.

I'm always on the lookout for a foundation that hydrates and plumps my skin without looking like an oil depot. This foundation is one of those gems.

THE PRODUCT:
> Consistency is just right - not too thick, not too liquid-y/runny.
> Has a wiiiide range of colours - L'Oreal has somehow "perfected" this cool, neutral and warm undertone thing on their foundations, huh? I got mine in the shade W3 -- too light for my NC37 skin, but that's because I'm extremely acidic.
> One layer (on my face and neck that's 3 pumps of the product) gives a medium coverage
> Pore coverage: It does not really cover up or blurs out my pores but it does not emphasize them either.

PROS:
+ The number 1, number 1 PRO of this foundation, for me, is the finish. It gives me that HEALTHY skin. Not really a glow, as this doesn't have sparkles or glitters in it, but just a plump-looking face, as if my face has been drenched in a heavy nighttime moisturizer for a week. Like, I wish my face was that healthy and alive every single minute of my life! Haha!
+ Does not settle into fine lines and does not emphasize bumps or dry spots.
+ Oxidizes but not to the "Oompa-Loompa" point, just only to the point where the colour can eventually blend into your natural skin colour (unless you get a shade that's unreasonably light ;))

CONS:
- If you do not have the patience to blot, this could be a relevant CON for you, as the foundation is not matte, and will do nothing to stop your oil glands from doing their thing. For me, I don't mind blotting, I think it's part of life. Haha! But seriously, I think even though my skin is normal-dry, it gets a reaction whenever anything is put on it, so the oiliness is really just part of putting makeup on. However, if you're oily.....

- I'm not sure if L'Oreal has an actual MEDIUM shade that has YELLOW undertone in it. I remember picking up W3 just because I thought W4 has a neutral undertone, and W5 is already too dark for my acidic skin, so... for me, that was kind of a CON.

All in all, I give it 4 smashin', long-wearing (hahaha) lipsticks, just because I want my 5 Lipsticks to go to THE PRODUCT that would blow my mind and to which I would say, "You're my Holy Grail, I love you forever." Hahahaha!

To Read all 506 Reviews, Login or Join

Hello MUA!
Ok, so I am a woman over 40 and as most of us ladies know and come to realize, the glow in our skin just diminishes after a certain age. Sad, but true. I have worn this product from 2009-2012. I honestly don't know why I stopped using it! I recently went back to it and I am so glad that I did!
The Glow: Absolutely light pigmented, it reflects the light and does give you a more youthful appearance.
The Price: For a DS Foundation, this works like a HE Foundation at a very affordable price.
The Comparison To DS vs HE: IT'S definitely got awesome quality. You can't tell that it is a DS Foundation, when the outcome feels, looks like, and performs like a HE Foundation!
*Yes I Would Recommend This Product and I Have Repurchaseed it!! You look and feel younger! I have gotten alot of compliments on my skin, when actually it is because of this foundation!
CONS: I Can't think of any cons at all! It stays on during the hazy,hot and sticky weather as well as the cold and frigid weather.
Love It!!

on 7/26/2016 1:13:00 PM

At 38, I'm a little late to the make up game (I was never taught how to truly utilize makeup) and am thoroughly enjoying the learning process. I've tried a good many foundations in recent months and I like this one the best so far.

It goes on well, gives full coverage but doesn't settle into lines and make you look crepe-y, and wears well. Paired with ELF Hydrating primer I find that 5 hours in looks as good as (if not better than) the original application while 10 hours isn't quite as good. This is, however, without powder touch ups and during the heat dome summer 2016 so I think having it left at all is quite nice.

I apply it over primer with a brush and then blend with a damp beauty blender. Then I set it with a color correcting powder before continuing on with make up.

on 7/21/2016 2:13:00 PM

This is one of the better drugstore foundations I've used, but I still have some issues with it, and would not purchase it again. This foundation transfers pretty bad-- onto my hands, my phone, tissues. It also tends to separate on the dryer areas of my face, and especially in my T-zone. It just won't stay put. I think if I had perfectly smooth skin that wasn't combination, this would work just fine. I do like the texture of the foundation, and I haven't had any issues with it breaking me out. I bought shade W1-2.

I love to try new makeup all the time, even if I find something I like, i still like to try stuff I haven't tried before. the formula on this is very nice, it applies like a dream and gives a nice glow to the skin, however I can't seem to buy the correct shade. I seem to be w3 which is what I have, but it also within a minute it seems to darken too much, I feel like the next shade up is too light and that I may need to mix the 2. I will give this a few more tries with different primers and moisturizer underneath before I make up my mind, I'm hoping that it will work out. I'm so happy that the packaging has a pump, it keeps it sanitary and you won't waste too much product like the original true match, I do not like the screw cap on that foundation.

on 7/19/2016 1:54:00 AM

I'm in love with this product.
I like the light formula with medium coverage and it has luminous or dewy look. So when I'm wearing this foundation, my husband told me that Im so natural. Not being a fake.. I will recommend u girls, if you 20-25 y.o and you like something natural look, make up no make up look.., I think THIS IS FOR YOU.
Get more plus +, because of the pump bottle and also it has so many different shades. Easy to pick your skin colour for every woman in the world😍

on 7/18/2016 12:15:00 AM

First off I really don't like trying new foundations because of all the disappointments I've had.
I have been using Revlon Colorstay for many years and love it but as I get older I find that the matte look makes me look shallow and lifeless...Idk hard to explain.
I have very oily skin so I have always used a stay put matte foundation.
So back to getting older I decided I would try Loreal Lumi because of all the good reviews and because it's suppose to look natural, sheer and dewy! Hoping that would bring some life back into my skin...despite being oily.
So I tried it and LOVE it!!!!!!!
It is like a sheer coverage, it just melts right into my skin can't even tell I'm wearing foundation! It's a light to medium coverage, it makes my skin so radiant glowey and youthful!
I do set it with a powder I use Cover Girl loose powder because I am so oily and it lasts all day but I have to powder more frequently.
It's so worth it though!
Great foundation I just hope they don't ever change it.
I use shade W3 and its a pretty close match, use to use Buff in Revlon Colorstay which was a tad to light.
Amazing product! If any of you older gals feel your skin just looks lifeless and full due to matte foundations just give this a try!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product. I have very dry skin and really only need foundation to even out my skin tone a little (not for a full coverage mask). It blends into my skin so well and doesn't look heavy or obvious. I use this for days when I want to look very natural. It leaves me feeling dewy which I love.
I imagine that if you had oily or even combo oily skin, you wouldn't like this foundation at all. I do think that it is expensive for drugstore makeup (tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this about L'oreal makeup more expensive recently).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It has light to medium coverage, it's easy to build to medium. The foundation does a really good job at covering my redness. It covers acne nicely as well, but concealer is still needed. To apply I've used both fingers and my BB and got equally beautiful results. The finish is a satin and very skin like. It really doesn't look like I'm wearing anything on my skin. It does feel tacky after application though and takes a while for that feeling to really go away. It does oxidize on me, which takes the perfect match and makes it look a little too pink on me. I have extreme combination skin and it does really well on the flakey parts and the oily parts. It doesn't transfer, I took a nap with it on and none got on my pillow. The lasting power is very meh though, it disappears on my face after about five hours. It's The nicest foundation I've yet to find.

Pros:
-Has SPF 20 (you still need sunscreen though)
-Covers redness and acne decently
-Doesn't break me out
-Sits nicely on my pores
-Not cakey and looks just like skin
-Doesn't transfer
-Relatively cheap
-Has a pump

Cons:
-Oxidizes
-Not long lasting
-Stays tacky after a while