Yankee Candles Fluffy Towels

3.7

on 2/26/2016 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this candle during YC's semi-annual sale, paying only $11.66 for a large glass jar (retail is $27.99). Because the price I paid is very cheap relative to its expensive retail price, I've rated this four lippies.

I've heard a lot of people rave about this, and the sales clerk informed me that many people utilize the semi-annual sale just to buy 5 jars of Fluffy Towels.

First Impression: When you open the jar, the smell is extremely relaxing. Really reminds me of clean laundry, and I relished in the idea of burning this while cleaning to really make my home look and smell clean.

Pros: When burnt, it basically smells like what you smell in the jar. When there's a funky smell, I burn this candle and it helps eradicate the smell.

Cons: The throw isn't as strong as I'd like. At first, I thought it might be due to where the candle was placed, but I burned Sunflower in the same place, and that candle had a great throw, filling up the entire unit.

Final Verdict: Compared to reviews, the throw is not as strong as anticipated. I burn it on the kitchen island, which is relatively in the center of the condo, so that the fragrance can disperse throughout the unit easily. When lit in a smaller closed area, the smell is much stronger. However, it didn't quite succeed in filling up the unit with the smell of fluffy towels. Despite this, I will probably repurchase this candle, but only on sale, because it helps remove bad smells from the condo, it makes smaller areas (e.g. bathrooms, bedroom) smell fresh and clean, and it is what I would consider a pretty safe fragrance that hardly anyone would be against -- perfect for preparing the home before guests arrive!

Side note: I noticed that this candle develops small bubbles at the top after the wax has cooled.

on 8/25/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the smell of generic detergents and bought a fluffy towels tart after smelling the large candle. When burnt, Fluffy Towels has a very wide throw and I struggled to find a room that the scent suited without being too overpowering. My colleague bought the fluffy towel reed diffuser, and had to remove it from her bathroom because it was so strong it was constantly making her sneeze. Fluffy Towels is quite unforgiving and harsh, therefore I prefer Soft Blanket, which has a comforting, safe smell.

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Be sure to get either the 2 or 3 wick as the one wick jars are lousy. Anyway this smells like Tide with Bleach powder laundry detergent. It's PERFECT for house-cleaning day or whenever you want a fresh laundry smell. Nice and strong. Love!

Popular Candles