Stila Jewel Eyeshadow in Rose Quartz

No Image

3.5

on 11/17/2016 4:50:00 PM

I have this Stila eyeshadow in a dusty purple tone, and it's gorgeous. I found it one day while going through the online sale rack at Sephora and really wanted to try it. I don't normally gravitate toward glittery or deep-toned eyeshadows, but that's the fun of makeup. Every now and then I get to try something a little different. (Side note: Actually, since I've been a Sephora Play subscriber for the last six months, I get to try new stuff all the time. Hooray!)

But anyway. I'm getting a bit off track here. I love the deep purple color of this eyeshadow, and I actually am very fond of the glitter. The only problem is when applied, or even while being worn, glitter ends up allllll under my eyes which is so not the look I'm going for. But I can prevent that while applying, and I've noticed that it takes a while to get all glittery-faced from the fallout otherwise, so I'm only taking off one lippie. (And I'll be trying this again with a different eye primer, I had run out of my beloved Urban Decay one when I last tried this shadow, so maybe that will make a difference.)

Overall, this is a really pretty shadow. Just one I'll only be taking out for special occasions since I'm usually a neutral/everyday makeup kind of lady.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Beautiful color and great staying power. But it looks like you were glitter bombed. The glitter ended up all over my face. It did not matter if I applied it wet or tapped the brush. The glitter fall out was too much. Pitched it in the trash.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is glittery loveliness! It's a steel looking purple with a slight pink undertone but I hardly ever wear it alone. I apply it over whatever (dark) color I contour with and it enhance the color and adds movie star sparkle. Alone it's gorgeous too.

on 7/16/2012 6:48:00 PM

Applies smoothly, unlike a lot of other glittery eyeshadows. Great staying power.