Schick Hydro Silk Razor

Schick Hydro Silk Razor

3.2

PEG 115M, Titanium Dioxide, Algae, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)

I bought these because it was only $12 for the Trimstyle razor and a bunch of refills. I hated it, and I honestly tried to give it a fair shot. Maybe the blades are too close together or maybe the plastic "cushion" type thing is too slick, but this just slid over my legs without removing hair, I had to do a ton of passes. The button on the trimmer is also in such a place that when shaving I'd accidentally turn it on and it scared the crap out of me! I honestly thought maybe I was just applying my shave gel too thickly but then I switched to Bic Soleil Savvy and my legs are perfect, so.... it's just not a good razor, and definitely not worth the price tag when it's not on sale.

on 3/25/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have no idea why there are such negative reviews. I found this was very gentle and effective at removing hairs. It was not the closest shave, but a really smooth one. I''ve never seen blood with this razor. I am use to using bic soliel which is the worst razor ever and dollar store razors. This was far better. The moisture strip was great but only lasted about a week. I feel the refills are too expensive. I've made 2 refills last 2 years, but they are not nearly as good as when I first used them. I'll look for something better and cheaper now.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really disappointed with this razor. I have sensitive skin, and whenever I used this razor (even with shaving cream) it just felt like it was dragging across my skin and felt really unpleasant. After using this razor, I was left with bumps on my skin. I recently replaced the head and tried to use it in the shower and it didn't shave! I kid you not, it would not remove any of the hairs from my legs. Idk what is up with this razor, but I'm done trying to make it work. Back to Venus Embrace for me. Skip this razor and save your money.

on 2/22/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This razor is way overpriced in my opinion. The gel like coating created a slimy film over the razor when it got wet. After using this I had major stubble like I hadn't even shaved.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a "bonus" Hydro razor in my regular bulk razor pack... While I had none of the horrific "skin-ripping" problems others have mentioned (both here and on the Schick site), this razor is not for me. The moisture strip creates a stringy gel (for lack of a better description) during use. Most importantly, this razor became dull twice as fast as what is normal for me.

Got this for free in a pack of the usual razors I buy. It feels like it's a very smooth shave but it gives me razor burn so badly that I actually have scabs like I got scratched by a cat..... And I was using it very gently. Super weird.

on 6/6/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This razor glides very smoothly over the skin because of the shaving gel built in the razor, which is convenient. The gel doesn't last too long, only 3-4 days max, but it's really best on the first day. If you have sensitive skin, this may be the razor for you because it doesn't "scratch" over the skin, it feels very lubricated. It gives a very close shave, which lasts for two days or more, depending on the rate at which your hair grows.

on 3/2/2015 8:49:00 PM

Best razor I've ever used and now it's the only one I'll buy. Gives a quick, super-close shave and also provides a thorough exfoliation. I have never nicked or cut myself while using these, not even once. And I love the moisturizing shave bars. But I found that I have to make sure to store this with the blade up and not down, otherwise the gel can get all melty and run out all over the place.

A little on the pricey side but definitely worth it. I always keep an eye out for coupons and sales for this item because it really is the best. Have repurchased and will continue to do so.

Recommended!

on 12/30/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I switched to the Schick Hydro Silk after a whole box of my Venus Embrace cartridges ended up being defective and I wanted to try something new. I honestly like this better. It gives me a noticeably closer shave, I like the slick "silk" stuff and the razor itself feels better in my hand. I will definitely continue to use this over the Venus Embrace, which was once my favorite.

Schick Hydrosilk Cut me up but good, I never had any problem with Venus Embrace it is the best ever, I don't know what possessed me to buy this, I thought oh, just add water must be really padded like Venus and it will protect my skin. I am returning this right now. I have never had the nicks like I had with this razor it literally cut me up like a Ninja Samurai sword. Never, ever, ever. It was like using a Bic with one blade and no coating at all. Thumbs down on Schick Hydrosilk. I really take good care of my body esp. when shaving, and this left a bunch of hurting cuts I am going to have to wait a good 4 days b4 I can shave again with my beautiful Venus Embrace it is the best!!!