NARS Exhibit A

NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 3/14/2017 5:54:00 AM

I would buy this again in a heart beat. $30 for a blush is a lot but so worth it. This blush stays on forever and blew my other blushes out of the water. Everyone flushes in some form of reddish pink color. This blush mimics that. Use a light hand in application and it will look natural. If you want to own just one blush, this is the one. It's a warm red and will suit every skin tone.

on 9/29/2016 8:21:00 PM

OK, let me tell you something- in the pan it looks scary. When my boyfriend saw the pan, he thought that must be a joke I will be wearing this thing. It is AMAZING. AMAZING(!!!!).
This blush deliveres a natural flushed look, it flatters the face and lightens them up.
I own the shades Desire, Deep Throat, Gaiety and Amour of NARS and from my experience- NARS'es most beautiful shades look scary in the pan, but on the face they look absolutely gorgeous! Buy this and you won't regret.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't be intimidated even if you're on the paler side. A dab of this gives such a natural-looking, beautiful flush, I think from the fact that it is a warm red. This shade is universally flattering, just be cautious on your application. A little goes a long ways and you don't want to end up looking like a clown!

on 12/6/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this blush! It looks scary in the pan but on my skin adds a subtle flush of color. I think this is a must-have for WOC. Be very light handed or it will look clownish. This is pricey but I imagine it will last you a very long time because you only have to use so little. I took off one lippie for packaging since my blush compact cracked and is in 2 pieces (lid, pan)...I bought this for $28 a few years ago but the price is $30 now. I added a swatch on my nw47/nc55 ish skin tone for reference.

on 11/3/2015 4:24:00 PM

This is such a pretty blush. I haven't read all of the other reviews but I'm sure they have all said to use a light hand which is obvious from just looking at the product. What is so surprising about this blush is how really natural it looks and how it brightens. I love it and would buy it again. I am fair and blue eyed but I'm sure it would look amazing on those with dark skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's hard finding blushes that look good on darker skinned ladies but this one is PERFECT! Goes on silky, lasts forever and gives that perfect flushed look.

Before reading this review, I suggest you put on Carlos Santana's "Smooth," because this scarlet blush is my Spanish Harlem Mona Lisa. And it's just like the ocean under the moon, but I'll tell you one thing, if I lost this or ran out it would be a crying shame--and I'd go and repurchase it immediately!

One of my favorite makeup looks in the winter is reminiscent of a porcelain doll: flawless matte skin, thick lashes, and healthy flushed cheeks. I'd previously been using Milani Bella Rosa, but the pink was becoming too pink and I wanted to try something new. I skipped over MAC Frankly Scarlet (which honestly might have been a fantastic shade as well) because MAC formulas tend to go patchy on me very quickly. I was immediately drawn over to NARS as I own Liberté and it lasts for hours on my skin.

Exhibit A is exalted as a natural-looking blush when used with a light hand. On my light olive NC20-25 skin, it is really pretty because it matches very closely to my natural redness (both from hyperpigmentation and after I exercise or am embarrassed, which happens entirely too often for my liking). Unfortunately, when I first purchased it, I got a little too blush-happy and walked around with scarlet cheeks for the rest of the day. Bad case of rosacea? Check. Long-lasting blush formula? Double check!

This did come a little more tightly-packed than I remember Liberté being, but I figured it was just a filmy top layer. One swipe with a paper napkin solves this problem, and the texture is now super soft and creamy.

I apply this with my Real Techniques blush brush as the domed shape allows for sheerer application of pigmented products. I tap the brush once into the pan, apply and blend, and add more as needed. Less is definitely more with this product (I learned that the hard way). I also like to add just a wee bit to my nose to give the "in from the cold" effect. It can give you both a sweet look with rosy cheeks as well as an exotic tanned glow. This is also really nice in the summer to bring more warmth to bronzed, glowy skin, and makes a nice complement to warm red lipstick. Exhibit A even works amazingly well as an eyeshadow--I love to blend this pretty heavily into the crease, pack a gold on the lid and a dark brown on the outer corner with heavy winged liner for a traditional Arab look.

I own a fair few blushes--about nine or ten in total--but this is one of the ones I reach for the most. It's easy on a day-to-day basis, especially if I've got nothing crazy going on with my eyes or if I forgo bronzer. It really just has a great brightening effect on the face and this compact will probably last me FOREVER if all I do is tap once for each cheek.

If you haven't already, PLEASE go and try my versatile little muñequita. (Because she's so smooth.)

on 7/6/2015 12:54:00 PM

$30 USD. On my MAC NC20/C2 skin, the tiniest dab of the blush creates a flushed, just-ran-for-an-hour look. The color is orange-toned, intense red in the pan but creates a just-right, natural flush on the cheeks. I think its lipstick equivalent is NARS Heat Wave. I've worn it with nude lips (just lip balm) and stains, and it looks very natural for weekend. But, it takes time to correctly apply the blush and blend, so make sure you have plenty of time and not in a rush when putting it on. I do have a dedicated blush brush for it that I keep in original wrap and separated from other brushes. The first couple of times I used it, I realized the brush still had too much product from prior use (even though I barely touch the brush to the pan), so I wash the brush after every use. Also, a kabuki brush really helps to blend (I use a cheap ELF one that I use only with this brush - so, really, you need TWO brushes!).

on 7/1/2015 1:33:00 PM

Instant freshness!

This is an amazing blush, used with a very light hand. I find that exciting too, this "balancing on the edge" or "playing with fire" the application of this blush turns into. Just a bit too much looks waaaaaay too much! Just a little, tiny touch of the brush and whoa: you turn into this fresh-faced, 9-hours sleeping milkmaid (or sunlit sea siren, depending if I am tanned or not).

I see no reason to buy a different blush ever. And I don't know when I will be buying the same one either, since I've had it forever and I am still not even close to needing a new one, with daily application. It will last you ages.

on 2/15/2015 9:23:00 AM

Okay, so I was really excited to try this because everyone on makeupalley was ranting about it. I have fair skin naturally but I am tan. I've usually stuck with my corals so I was pretty excited about a change. While the pigment is great, and the lasting power is okay, it's a hard color to work with. I have no idea what lip color you could pull off while wearing this. And you cannot under any circumstances use your normal blush brush, you need a designated brush for this blush. I legitimately had to take a brush barely touch the blush with it and then I had to rub the brush on a towel (three swipes on towel) to get the desired "flush look" if you don't do this, you'll look clowny. Unfortunately, I will be returning this. (Plus it has parabens)