E.L.F. Makeup Remover Pen

E.L.F. Makeup Remover Pen

3.7

on 7/22/2016 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this pen for only a week, but I love it already. So much easier and faster to remove mascara from my eyelids than using a cotton q-tip! Or to correct the eyeliner line... After correcting, I make sure I quickly wipe the tip of the pen with a paper tissue and it's clean again.

Do I think it is an absolutely must have product? Probably no. But is it worth trying for this price? Definitely yes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Oh, how I wish I had discovered this sooner! No longer do I have to be nervous applying red matte lipstick (seriously, who does that perfectly? Certainly not me).

Mostly though, I use this for eyeliner. I tend to use liquid on top and pencil on the bottom lid, and this goes a really long way to helping achieve that perfect thin black line (bonus points for doing that cute wing at the edge).

I also noticed that this comes in handy if you don't have time to reapply your makeup in the evening, but are going out to dinner or whatever. If you keep this in your makeup bag, then you can easily clean up any smudges or the less-than-perfect makeup look that can occur by the end of the day.

*Just be sure to wipe this clean after every use, or else you can expect to just smear your makeup around the next time you use it.

**Also, you can pull out the white tip and turn it around if you want, or you can dip it in makeup remover and just keep using it that way, even when it dries out permanently.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I didn't have too high of expectations for this product, it is ELF afterall, but I was still disappointed. I found that this doesn't really remove all of the product I'm trying to remove (even though it removes some of it), but rather it just applies the makeup remover. I have to go over the makeup with a q-tip to actually get the product off. Overall, I would just rather dip a q-tip in makeup remover and use it instead.

I was pleasantly surprised at this product!

It removes makeup and liquid eyeliner very easily. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, and hasn't dried out. I was shocked, because this is one of the only things that will remove my essence liquid liner. I love the precision tip to touch up any eyeliner or mascara messes!

I will go buy this again - it's a must have!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Basically, I like it. I use it to clean up messes/create cleaner lines when doing eye makeup. It can leave a slightly oily residue behind which I remove with a dry tissue.

on 1/27/2016 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very skeptical about this product at first but after trying it out the first time im sold. This is such an easy to use makeup remover pen. I use it to remove black marks from my mascara and eyeliner that gets to my undereye area and it does the job very well. The fact that it comes in a pen form makes it very practical to use for everyday. I love it. The price is cheap too. Repurchasing.

on 11/20/2015 11:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was an excellent development in concept, but poor in execution. It gets the job done, but unlike other users, I don't get the oily residue. I had to run the product several times in the area where the mistakes were, and my eye got irritated from having the under eye area tugged at. The tip not only fell out, but after one use I could not get it clean through any of the recommended ways on the packaging accompanying the product. This was a serious bummer for me, I will stick to the wipes for now, those work better and I'm generally happy with them for the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had one of these & tossed it after a couple of uses coz even thou I wiped the tip, it absorbed my black eye makeup & then proceeded to smear it around on subsequent uses. I read below that soaking it in makeup remover helps so I'm going to try that on the new one I got which I received in my elf subscription box. A better option is Almay's qtips soaked in makeup remover they have them pre-soaked already or even take your own qtips & soak them in your own makeup remover & voila but I do like how the tip is very precise but I was wiping it off after every use even & it still got stained. Awesome concept...poor execution!

on 9/13/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always keep 2 of these around. One at home and one in my makeup bag. Always comes in handy and works extremely well. I would even pay a few dollars more for this but I love the price point. Overall amazing product to quickly correct makeup mistakes. Can be a tad oily where applied but just do a quick swipe with a piece of tissue or even your clean finger and its good to go. Definetly a staple! Will keep buying as long as they make this!

on 9/13/2015 2:50:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! Its perfect for when I get mascara on my eyelid. It comes right off! I use it everyday. Sometimes I get a bit of makeup on my clothes in the morning when I first put it on and I use this to take it off and it works perfectly! Whenever I run out of this I freak out and order it online a ASAP. I recommend this product to everyone.