e.l.f. Makeup Remover Pen

e.l.f. Makeup Remover Pen

3.7

on 3/17/2018 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty convenient product, and it lasts quite long. Make sure you wipe the tip a bit before using each time, because it always has some residue from the makeup you previously cleaned off.

on 2/18/2018 11:14:00 PM

A genius product in theory. For years I've been dipping q-tips in eye makeup remover to fix mascara transfer on a daily basis...DAILY! I can NEVER manage to not get at least one speck of mascara on my eyelid. A pen makes removing mistakes quicker and more convenient. Saw this for about $3 and thought I had scored. However. I bought this product twice this year.. the first time it was completely dried out from the moment I pulled it out of the package. Useless. Thinking it was a fluke and I got a dud I bought it again. ALMOST completely dried out. I still tried to use it but most days I just reach for my trusty q-tips. I was inspired to write this review because today I bought a similar product from Hard Candy called Oopsy-Proof Makeup Eraser which I'm hoping will be a lot better and NOT already dried out. Plus the HC one appears to have a much finer tip which is nice. One of the things I hate about using q-tips on the lid to fix mascara is that sometimes it removes my eyeshadow as well. The ELF eraser pen has a thicker marker style tip which could apply too much remover to the lid and you may have to redo your shadow (if yours is not already dried out like mine!). So...yeah...looking forward to trying out the HC version even though it cost a few dollars more...

on 1/4/2018 10:40:00 PM

Sum times you smear your wing tip eye liner sum times mascara goes on your cheek sum times mascara goes on your brow bone we all been there this makes it easy to remove the mastakes I love this definitely a must have

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is pretty good, basically a portable, reusable makeup remover soaked Q-tip in pen form. I mainly use it to remove dots of mascara on my eyelids. Sometimes I'll need to retouch my eyeshadow, which is annoying. However, it's a quick, simple fix and the pen very rarely leaves a giant hole in my eye look. A quick dab is really all you need. The tip dirties almost immediately, but as long as you wipe it afterwards it'll last a long time. I usually replace mine every six months unless the tip gets too grubby. Only real issue is that my eyelids feel slightly oily after use. Not like an oil slick, but a noticeable enough residue. But the overall product is convenient and useful enough that I put up with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This item is amazing. The only reason I would not purchase again if it ran out or I lost it is because it isn't a necessity to have. You don't actually need it in your collection, but it is pretty convenient!

PROS
Does what it says and removes makeup mistakes.
Use it to clean smudges or make eyeliner wings sharper.
Dries immediately on skin after erasing mistake to make reapplication faster and easier.
Has no scent and does not sting my eyes.
Good size and sturdy packaging.
+ SUPER AFFORDABLE!

I have not came across any cons so far but I will be sure to update this review if I do.

Sure go ahead and try it if you want to!

on 7/22/2016 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this pen for only a week, but I love it already. So much easier and faster to remove mascara from my eyelids than using a cotton q-tip! Or to correct the eyeliner line... After correcting, I make sure I quickly wipe the tip of the pen with a paper tissue and it's clean again.

Do I think it is an absolutely must have product? Probably no. But is it worth trying for this price? Definitely yes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Oh, how I wish I had discovered this sooner! No longer do I have to be nervous applying red matte lipstick (seriously, who does that perfectly? Certainly not me).

Mostly though, I use this for eyeliner. I tend to use liquid on top and pencil on the bottom lid, and this goes a really long way to helping achieve that perfect thin black line (bonus points for doing that cute wing at the edge).

I also noticed that this comes in handy if you don't have time to reapply your makeup in the evening, but are going out to dinner or whatever. If you keep this in your makeup bag, then you can easily clean up any smudges or the less-than-perfect makeup look that can occur by the end of the day.

*Just be sure to wipe this clean after every use, or else you can expect to just smear your makeup around the next time you use it.

**Also, you can pull out the white tip and turn it around if you want, or you can dip it in makeup remover and just keep using it that way, even when it dries out permanently.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I didn't have too high of expectations for this product, it is ELF afterall, but I was still disappointed. I found that this doesn't really remove all of the product I'm trying to remove (even though it removes some of it), but rather it just applies the makeup remover. I have to go over the makeup with a q-tip to actually get the product off. Overall, I would just rather dip a q-tip in makeup remover and use it instead.

I was pleasantly surprised at this product!

It removes makeup and liquid eyeliner very easily. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, and hasn't dried out. I was shocked, because this is one of the only things that will remove my essence liquid liner. I love the precision tip to touch up any eyeliner or mascara messes!

I will go buy this again - it's a must have!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Basically, I like it. I use it to clean up messes/create cleaner lines when doing eye makeup. It can leave a slightly oily residue behind which I remove with a dry tissue.