The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

2.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate/Octyl methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Sunscreen), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Sunscreen), Ethyl Trisiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Stearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Methyl Gluceth-20 (Viscosity Modifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ceteareth-20 (Emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Rosa Damascena Flower Water (Skin Condtioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caprylhydroxamic Acid (Chelating Agent), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate (Chelating Agent), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Methylpropanediol (Solvent), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Squalane (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 17200/Red 33 (Colour), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colour).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Ugh, this is for sure the worst handcream EVER!
I have only experienced bad things about this.

1. Made my hands itchy, red and irritated
2. Dried them out, more than moistruising them
3. The smell. It's waaaaay too strong. And it's not even a good rose scent. It's the bad "plastic-grandma"-scent, as I call it haha.. ;-)
4. Packagain sucks. Way too much product comes out, and the lid is so difficult to replace after use. Drives me crazy.

- Go for the "Hemp hand protector" instead. That one is just.. PERFECT.
Except for the packagain issue. :(

on 7/10/2013 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has a relatively strong rose scent to it.. It almost reminds me rose syrup!! Every time I apply this, I can't help but steal a few sniffs every now and then.

Apart from the smell, unfortunately, there's nothing else that impresses me. While it is absorbed quickly, I find that it doesn't spread as easily. The packaging is pretty bad when you have depleted a lot of the product. It also isn't moisturizing enough for my very dry hands.

My hands are really dry and they tend to crack, and while my hands don't crack after applying this, it didn't go out of it's way and made my hand so super soft (like it's relative the almond did).

Thankfully, I got this as a gift, or I would really regret the purchase. I'm definitely not recommending this if your hands are really dry. Not going to repurchase this after I'm done with this tube.

on 3/25/2013 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Updated 4 December 2012

I loved the scent of this, it is so floral and mild. If you love the rose scent then this is definitely for you, I would say this sinks into skin fairly quickly and it has a cooling feeling which I like. Also the tube size is good and will last for quite a while. I initially loved the scent but now I realize that after a few hours, it smells really odd, close to how sun screen smells like and it is not very nice.