The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

2.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate/Octyl methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Sunscreen), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Sunscreen), Ethyl Trisiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Stearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Methyl Gluceth-20 (Viscosity Modifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ceteareth-20 (Emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Rosa Damascena Flower Water (Skin Condtioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caprylhydroxamic Acid (Chelating Agent), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate (Chelating Agent), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Methylpropanediol (Solvent), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Squalane (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 17200/Red 33 (Colour), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colour).

on 5/2/2014 6:13:00 PM

I'm surprised at the negative reviews for this product, at the same time I can understand them because it doesn't work that well as a hand moisturiser. Personally, I use this product as an all-over sunscreen and used this way I can give a positive review.

I am very picky about sunscreens... basically I hate feeling sticky, looking pasty and putting up with weird chemical smells and residues. But this cream goes on nice and light, smells lovely, absorbs immediately, and leaves no white cast on my skin or clothes. For these reasons I use it all over, on my face, neck, chest, and hands.

So I do recommend this product as an everyday sunscreen but not as a hand cream. I find the rose scent lovely, however it is very strong so beware if you're sensitive to perfumes!

on 2/26/2014 3:06:00 AM

Love the rose scent! Light non greasy! One of my favorite hand creams! Do not love the metal tube packaging!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Ugh, this is for sure the worst handcream EVER!
I have only experienced bad things about this.

1. Made my hands itchy, red and irritated
2. Dried them out, more than moistruising them
3. The smell. It's waaaaay too strong. And it's not even a good rose scent. It's the bad "plastic-grandma"-scent, as I call it haha.. ;-)
4. Packagain sucks. Way too much product comes out, and the lid is so difficult to replace after use. Drives me crazy.

- Go for the "Hemp hand protector" instead. That one is just.. PERFECT.
Except for the packagain issue. :(

on 12/15/2013 7:27:00 AM

The worst hand cream ever... It is not mositurizing at all and my hands feel like dirty after putting this on. The only upside might be the smell, if you are into rosey scents.

on 9/11/2013 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tested this hand cream in store and liked the rose scent, so I bought it, mainly on impulse. However what I found is that over time the smell of the spf (which I don't like) in it would come to overpower the rose scent. Also the hand cream itself wasn't moisturising and left my hands feeling stiff and kind of... chalky? There are definitely better hand creams out there

on 3/25/2013 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Updated 4 December 2012

I loved the scent of this, it is so floral and mild. If you love the rose scent then this is definitely for you, I would say this sinks into skin fairly quickly and it has a cooling feeling which I like. Also the tube size is good and will last for quite a while. I initially loved the scent but now I realize that after a few hours, it smells really odd, close to how sun screen smells like and it is not very nice.

on 3/4/2013 8:09:00 PM

I think the ratings on here are fair for this product, it goes on light, non-greasy, smells lovely but its just not that moisturizing... which i guess is the payoff for the non-greasy nice texture. The spf 15, although not as high as I would want is a nice additional feature