Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant

Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant

4.4

on 1/12/2017 10:21:00 PM

I do like this scrub. It is bound by the typical balm/gel, which makes it better than the other lips scrubs I have tried by LUSH and other brands. It adheres to lips and gets the job done, just a bit pricy. I would prefer a cheaper option.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

When I'm home I DIY olive oil and brown sugar, but when I'm traveling this is great to have in the little tin. Great prep for lips and I do wipe most of it off, but I can't see any ingredients that would be harmful if some made it's way into your mouth.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this product and the price point of $16 is well worth it. You do get quite a bit of product considering how much you will actually use on a day to day basis. I do use this a lot, almost everyday I put it on my lips right before I apply my face makeup (moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush & highlighter) and eye makeup so it does have enough time to set into my lips while I finish getting ready. By the time that I am ready to apply my lip color for the day, my lips are so smooth that I can't get over it. For me, it is super moisturizing as well and I love that about this product. I did have to search for it as it was sold out in most places near my location (never a bad thing though, only means it is well-loved!) but I do recommend trying this if you can get your hands on it. Tate carries a lot of my favorite products (blushes in particularly) so trying something new from Tarte is almost always something that I opt for.

on 7/8/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This lip exfoliant is fantastic. Only a very tiny amount is needed to exfoliate and leave your lips feeling perfectly smooth. The product has a very nice scent and taste. I was surprised to find that my lips felt hydrated after use and that the product did not leave grease or a filmy feel. My only complaint is that it costs $16 for one small container. Nonetheless I intend to keep buying it.

This lip scrub smells a little sweet (but there isn't really a strong smell to it), tastes sugary, and comes in an ok container. But let me just say IT REMOVES ALL DEAD SKIN AND PARTICLES FROM YOUR LIPS AND LEAVES THEM VERY SMOOTH. If you're looking for that lip scrub with the abrasive (in a good way) beads that really take everything off, this is the one. The lush lip scrub, bite beauty lip scrub (which isn't a scrub at all), and the Fresh sugar lip polish are a waste of money compared to this one. I don't usually rave on products, either

on 11/19/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HOORAY for this lip scrub! It's the best one I have ever tried, and it's the only one to really work well to exfoliate my lips. Major bonus points for the fact the oils add an immense amount of moisture, which so many other exfoliating products don't do. I love using this prior to lip stain and matte lippie applications, and I seriously love using it at night before a good balm because it really allows for the balm or treatments to soak in and do their job. While it may seem odd to rave about a lip scrub, this product is a multitasker and savior for those of us who struggle with cracked and dry lips and uneven lipstick application. And trust me I have tried em all: DIY, ELF, Bliss Fabulips, Fresh, Sarah Happ, you name it - none of them hold a candle to Tarte's.

on 3/26/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It works fine but there is a lot less expensive stuff- particularly diy- that works the same. I prefer to spend money on actual makeup.... all things being equal.

Best lip scrub on the market! It's got a finer grainy texture than the Fresh sugar lip scrub. This tastes great and removes all the dry flakies.

on 8/10/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is okay. I bought it to help get rid of the dry flakey skin on my lips. It didn't do anything to help with that but the smell and taste is nice and I enjoy wearing it as more of a lip balm.

The packaging isn't great. It comes in a little tin that looks super cute but is somewhat difficult to open and close.

Beware if you have pets, my dog also thinks this smells amazing and, in addition to always trying to lick it off my face, she will grab the tin and run away with it if I leave it out (I know, what a brat!). Even she has a hard time opening it though since everytime she gets it, I find it with another tooth mark in the container but it's never open.

on 3/3/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff- I love!! It saved me from my dry winter lips. Trust me when I say I have the worst chapped lips in the winter time!! I bought this at ulta for around $15 I believe... The container tin is cute, but I agree with others it is kinda hard to open... The product itself is amazing though!! It's like a minty hydrating sugar scrub that tastes amazing!! It does a great job at removing dead skin and providing me smooth lips. I always put Chapstick on after applying this to ensure smooth lips! Will definitely repurchase in my winter months...

Popular Lip Treatments