Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant

4.4

on 7/8/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This lip exfoliant is fantastic. Only a very tiny amount is needed to exfoliate and leave your lips feeling perfectly smooth. The product has a very nice scent and taste. I was surprised to find that my lips felt hydrated after use and that the product did not leave grease or a filmy feel. My only complaint is that it costs $16 for one small container. Nonetheless I intend to keep buying it.

This lip scrub smells a little sweet (but there isn't really a strong smell to it), tastes sugary, and comes in an ok container. But let me just say IT REMOVES ALL DEAD SKIN AND PARTICLES FROM YOUR LIPS AND LEAVES THEM VERY SMOOTH. If you're looking for that lip scrub with the abrasive (in a good way) beads that really take everything off, this is the one. The lush lip scrub, bite beauty lip scrub (which isn't a scrub at all), and the Fresh sugar lip polish are a waste of money compared to this one. I don't usually rave on products, either

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/19/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HOORAY for this lip scrub! It's the best one I have ever tried, and it's the only one to really work well to exfoliate my lips. Major bonus points for the fact the oils add an immense amount of moisture, which so many other exfoliating products don't do. I love using this prior to lip stain and matte lippie applications, and I seriously love using it at night before a good balm because it really allows for the balm or treatments to soak in and do their job. While it may seem odd to rave about a lip scrub, this product is a multitasker and savior for those of us who struggle with cracked and dry lips and uneven lipstick application. And trust me I have tried em all: DIY, ELF, Bliss Fabulips, Fresh, Sarah Happ, you name it - none of them hold a candle to Tarte's.

on 3/26/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It works fine but there is a lot less expensive stuff- particularly diy- that works the same. I prefer to spend money on actual makeup.... all things being equal.

Best lip scrub on the market! It's got a finer grainy texture than the Fresh sugar lip scrub. This tastes great and removes all the dry flakies.

on 8/10/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is okay. I bought it to help get rid of the dry flakey skin on my lips. It didn't do anything to help with that but the smell and taste is nice and I enjoy wearing it as more of a lip balm.

The packaging isn't great. It comes in a little tin that looks super cute but is somewhat difficult to open and close.

Beware if you have pets, my dog also thinks this smells amazing and, in addition to always trying to lick it off my face, she will grab the tin and run away with it if I leave it out (I know, what a brat!). Even she has a hard time opening it though since everytime she gets it, I find it with another tooth mark in the container but it's never open.

on 3/3/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff- I love!! It saved me from my dry winter lips. Trust me when I say I have the worst chapped lips in the winter time!! I bought this at ulta for around $15 I believe... The container tin is cute, but I agree with others it is kinda hard to open... The product itself is amazing though!! It's like a minty hydrating sugar scrub that tastes amazing!! It does a great job at removing dead skin and providing me smooth lips. I always put Chapstick on after applying this to ensure smooth lips! Will definitely repurchase in my winter months...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I have to talk about the packaging. This comes in a tin that you need to be Houdini to open. Seriously, this is just the container from hell. It isn't just me either- my husband and 21 yr old had an issue opening it as well as a lot of reviewers at Sephora. This should be repackaged by tarte in an easier to open tin or squeeze tube.

Okay, with that out of the way - this product is amazing. It exfoliates, hydrates and renews your lips. Mine were a chapped, dry, flaky , winter-in-Chicago , 17 degrees below zero mess and after 2 uses of this stuff they look like they do on a nice warmish spring day. They look better, younger, wonderful.

Finally , I have super- sensitive skin with pores that clog easily. I used this not only on my lips but up onto a bit of the skin surrounding them that was a little chapped . Not only did it work, I felt no stinging and no pores were clogged.

Thank you, Tarte, for a great product. Now repackage this!

on 3/20/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was a loyal user of their Frixtion lip scrub but they discontinued it and replaced it with this new maracuja scrub. I am happy to say that I really like it. I first apply a drop of their maracuja oil on my lips, rub the scrub on my lips, rub it off with a tissue and apply a lip balm. It works and leaves my lips baby soft.

on 2/11/2013 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I loveeee this exfoliate for my lips. I have searched for this all week and could not find this at any sephora let a lone in any other beauty store. I had to order it on beauty.com and it was a dollar cheaper. Due to this item, I am now purchasing everything by Tarte. Love it!!

Popular Lip Treatments