Everyday Minerals Jojoba Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica (CI 77019), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Esters. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried Everyday Minerals years ago, really liked them. but I found their changing of names and types of foundations a bit irritating - I would find something I liked, and then find it discontinued. But I saw the Jojoba base, and thought I would try it.

boy, has the site changed. You can't just get a little sample of what you want, you are limited to 2 colors (I use 2 colors all the time on my face), and then have to try a primer, and a blush, and a finishing dust. ok. 2 colors is not enough to figure out my base color. but, thought I would try it anyway. ordered it.. waited, and waited, and waited. found out others had the same problems with the samples. Finally complained, and they resent it.

I tried it.. one was good, but the other was too light. so, I thought, I will try this, and I was interested in the yellow corrector, and some other products that looked interesting that were in Travel sizes - smaller, but not as expensive. Which I like for trying things. Did some shopping during the week, looking through the site, putting things in the basket - planning to finalize over the weekend when I had more time.

When I came back on a friday, I saw they had a Black Friday sale. got excited!! Then I saw the cost of my previous basket had doubled!!! Because the price of every item in my basket had doubled! Some sale. 45% off of double the price before - you end up paying more on Black Friday! The travel sizes, which were $5 before, were now $10. So, I wrote them, and asked, are your prices reverting back to what they were before Black Friday. Never got an answer. I decided I don't want to do business with Everyday Minerals when they have "fake" sales.

I read here about Lucy Minerals and decided to give them a try. They have about everything in sample size at reduced price, and they had some items on sale. They had some tips for dry skin which I tried with stuff I had at home and it helped.

so.. I put in a nice order at Lucy Minerals. I will review that later after I get it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

As per usual, I am always on the hunt for foundations that are pale enough for my skin. This brand is definitely one of them.

I've tried mineral foundations before but was never too into them. The big-name brands left a beautiful glow (which is great on my dry skin), but were expensive for little product and had nasty ingredients. A lot of indie brands promised minimal, healthy ingredients but only had a matte finish that made me look dry and crumbly. Never mind the fact that for the most part, few brands even had a color light enough for me.

Well, EDM lured me in with their free samples. I was surprised to see that they offered a dewy Jojoba base, and even more surprised to see that the shade 0C Rosy Fair was a PERFECT match for my skin!

Generally I like very, very glowy foundations, and while this formula does have a glow... it's a subtle one. But I like it, it's great for those days when I want to keep things fairly natural. As for the coverage... it seems like a light - medium coverage.

Either way, if you're an ultra fair person like me, this brand is definitely worth checking out!

Ehh, this is fine. In all honestly it's probably better than at least 90% of the other foundations I've tried, but for me it pales in comparison to the Everyday Minerals matte formula. The jojoba base doesn't seem to cover as well. It seems to take a lot more product to get the same result as I do with just a bit of the matte. And, well, it isn't as matte as the matte. I know, duh, but I wasn't really expecting it to go shiny in a product failure (not glowy) way almost immediately after I applied it. My skin isn't even really oily, but this just doesn't seem to work for me. I can also feel it on my skin more than I can the matte, which is pretty much undetectable to me. In short, it's not horrible but I won't buy it again because I'll go back to the matte, which seems to have better color choices for my skin tone anyway.

My skin is mostly oily, but ever since I started using prescription acne medication (Acanya/Tazorac), its become a weird combination of oily and dry. Regardless, since using the topical meds, my skin vastly improved to the point where I had zero acne (YAAAAS!!!). So I figured, now that my skin was clear, I could use a lighter foundation. Enter Everyday Minerals.

Coverage/Performance: Honestly, I really liked EM because it made my skin look good without looking cakey/too heavy. I could brush some of this stuff on and it instantly made me look more even-toned (although this did not provide really heavy coverage at all).

Acne: plot twist--almost immediately after I started to use this, I started to break out BAD. These weren't your little whiteheads, these were the ANGRY, nodular, I'm-going-to-be-on-your-face-for-weeks type of pimples. I was going through a heavy caseload at work so for the longest time, I thought my breakout was stress related. Wrong. For months I couldn't figure out how my skin had turned so crazy. I changed everything in my routine one by one - cut out bread (no change), only ate clean food (no change), changed my bed sheets everyday (no change), washed my face more often and applied more medication (no change), changed my foundation - VOILA! Perfect skin again!!

So yeah, I hate this foundation. Hate it for giving me the worst breakouts after a long period of awesome skin. And hate it even more bc now I have to deal with my EM scars >:(

I am reviewing this from a sample I used with the free trial kit.

Of all three samples of the EDM mineral bases I tried, this is the one I expected to like most - and actually liked the least. I have combination (dry/sensitive/acne-prone) skin and thought the jojoba base would be the best fit for me based on the description and MUA reviews.

However, the coverage with this is super light. While I prefer natural-light coverage, of the three bases, the jojoba took the most powder and effort to actually get any coverage to show up. It was also not effortlessly blendable and didn't go on completely evenly (as the semi-matte did). Although the shade 1W matched perfectly to me for the semi-matte and matte formulas, with the jojoba it appeared to be a tad dark. When deciding on your shade, you may want to go one lighter when trying the jojoba.

After finally getting enough powder on to feel like adequate coverage, it didn't last very well. I wore out to dinner on a chilly evening and just three hours later when I got home I could see it had already worn off somewhat on my chin, leaving shine and blemish remainder marks exposed.

Finally, although this formula is supposed to be the gentlest, of the three, it is the only one which caused my skin to itch. It wasn't a dire itch and left no rash or pink on my skin, but nonetheless, the minor irritation meant that I would not be able to wear this formula regularly comfortably.

It all depends on your own skin and preferences of course. But of the three EDM bases currently available, this is the one I would rank last.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Easy to get out the door with this makeup. Wash, Moisturize, stipple this on with a fat brush while my face is still slightly damp, spray with rosewater- done. It makes my skin look healthy and more of a uniform color, but not flat or cakey.
I've used it a few times a week for several months now, and haven't noticed any increase in acne or oil- which is uncommon for me.
The color is also a perfect fit. Rosy Ivory 1C Jojoba is the color of my neck, which is several shades paler than my face. I've found that using this shade makes my overall face/neck much less two toned, without any weird white mask thing happening.

I have been a loyal Everyday Minerals user since 2011, and managed to avoid the lauryl lysine debacle thanks to having a backup supply. I have oily skin with pores and some fading pigmentation.

Before the introduction of the jojoba base I had been using semi-matte, which I found to blend into the skin adequately well although a tiny bit shimmery, and the matte formula, which didn't stay matte all day and could be a tiny bit splotchy. However I stuck with Everyday Minerals because the colour matched me to a T, it wasn't a liquid or cream formula, it was very reasonably priced with a huge amount of product, and I never, ever broke out with Everyday Minerals (other MM brands have failed me on this). Every product I tried outside of Everyday Minerals was only a brief affair, and I always came back.

With Jojoba, I think I can finally say that I have landed on an EM formulation that 100% works for me. The powder melts into my skin and I actually remain matte for longer than with the Matte formulation (maybe because of the jojoba dry oil?). My skin looks airbrushed with a light sweep of my brush. The coverage is quite light, but buildable if a mist fixer or setting spray is used over the final layer to help it 'melt' into the skin. However, if i skip the setting spray, I find that the powder absorbs my facial oils and melts into my skin over the day and has a really lovely glow. I generally follow Lisa Eldridge's school of thought of using light coverage to even out skin tone and using concealer only where needed (I use a creme, liquid or the Everyday Minerals Buttered Tan concealer underneath over my pigmentation). I found that the best way to apply is with a flat top brush so it can pick up more product and disperse it evenly over the skin - a round-top kabuki may only give you the most sheerest of coverage.

The only complaint I have is the packaging - the sifter is quite ineffective and the product often clogs it. It needs more holes or bigger holes. I would also like to see Everyday Minerals release pressed powders again for travel/on-the-go touch-ups.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is the best EM base formula yet. it's so creamy it does not even feel like powder. i've always found that EM mineral foundations to be a bit too drying on my skin comparing to bareminerals and other brands, but not the jojoba base, it's so comfortable to wear. The finish of the jojoba base is not nearly as shiny as the discontinued original glo base, or bareminerals original, it's the most realistic and natural looking glow on the skin i've ever seen. Coverage is light to medium, can't really be built up to any fuller. but it smooths over and covers pores much better than other formulas from EM. It will just look like your skin but more even toned and healthier rather than makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've found that the Jojoba base is unfortunately not good for my oily skin. I've tried using different types of moisturizers before applying this product, to see if a lighter one would work better, but no. My face looks so shiny after only 3-4 hours, and the makeup comes off a little with my oil blotting sheet, even though I just pat my face with it rather than wiping. By the end of my 9-hour work day, the foundation either looks almost gone if I've used just a little, or cakey if I've used a lot. May I also add that the coverage is quite light, and for my preferred coverage, I need to pile on so much product, which then just makes the makeup look cakey when my skin gets oily throughout the day. I much prefer The All Natural Face or Monavé's foundations, because they have better coverage and last longer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin that tends to sometimes get flaky/patchy. I was apprehensive to try this because usually dry skin+powder foundation=not a good mix. But, every liquid foundation I tried was clinging to my dry patches, so I decided to order the 7 piece sample set, which was free apart from a few dollars shipping. When i put this foundation on, I couldn't believe how well it blended into my dry skin, it was almost like it melted! It feels SUPER lightweight, like I'm wearing nothing at all. I'm fair with olive undertones, and the shade "Bare" matches me great. Also, compared to other mineral makeup brands, this stuff is cheap, and is better for your skin.