Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

3.4

Water/Eau (Aqua), Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Isostearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Algae Exopolysacharides, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/Stem Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Tetrapeptide-21, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Malus Domestica Fruit (Apple) Cell Culture Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Glucosamine HCL, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Inula Crithmoide Extract, Phospholipids, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

irritated the heck out of my skin. couldn't use.

I got a free sample from Sephora and put it on in the evening. I woke up surprised to find my eyes swollen and parts of my skin burnt. I've never had this reaction to any other eye cream and quite disappointed.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/4/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

LOVE. I absolutely can't go with out this whipped luxurious eye cream. I've used it day and night for almost a year now and every other eye cream I've tested doesn't compare. I gives moisture with out a greasy feel and makes any concealer go on smoother. It's a refreshing non-irritating balm and I absolutely recommend it. My only complaint would be the packaging, but I know the texture wouldn't be achieved in a tube or a pump. The price seems steep, but you only need a dab on each eye so it really lasts. Its a 360 ophthalmologist tested cream, and is a great choice for those looking to maintain a youthful eye area. I don't believe it's as successful with deep existing wrinkle repair. I really love every Algenist product I've used but this one is my must have.

on 5/25/2015 10:28:00 AM

I got deluxe sample of this from Sephora. We just moved, and I used this before a 16 hour drive from Maryland to Florida. Within a couple of hours, my extremely dry eye area was burning and itching from extreme lack of hydration. It was so bad that I used aquaphor as a makeshift eye cream, just to soothe my eyes while traveling. Needless to say, I would not spend money on this.

on 4/20/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this eye cream for about 6 months and I'm still loving it. The one I was using before was just not providing enough moisture but I still loved it's ability to fight my dark circles. Would you believe it that this works even better in that department? It helps with the little puffiness I have too. On top of that, it's moisturizing enough to help with my itsy bitsy fine lines... I'm only 40, after all :)

on 4/18/2015 10:48:00 PM

I love this eye cream! Doesn't break me out and it's made quite a difference!

on 4/15/2015 12:35:00 PM

I've been using a .23 fluid ounce "deluxe" sampe of this (thanks Sephora, sometimes you really come through! The full-sized version is .5 fluid ounces and $65!) for a few months now and I've come to the conclusion that this is a pretty decent eye balm/cream. Now it won't work permanent miracles, despite containing Alguronic Acid, but it is a non-irritating eye cream that absorbs quickly (nearly no residual stickiness left behind) and doesn't cause smudging with my foundation and concealer.

I have a fair amount of fine lines under my eyes and using this eye balm once or twice a day does indeed minimize the appearance of the fine lines immediately after application, but the results are of course temporary. I do also suffer from slight puffiness and the occasion dark circles - I don't feel this eye cream is especially effective at addressing those concerns for me but again, it does nicely prep the under eye area for application of coverage products.

Overall I think this is a good eye cream, but it isn't worth the $65 price tag for me, so I will not be purchasing it once I've depleted my sample. However, if Sephora happens to have this as a 100 point perk or deluxe sample, I might be inclined to order it again.

on 3/30/2015 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

it's an average eye cream, honestly. not worth the price tag at all.

on 12/25/2014 4:38:00 AM

This product didn't work for me. It lacked moisture, smooth application and has an inconvenient packaging. It has no smell just a plain white cream in a little jar that I need to scoop out for daily eye cream.

I tried dabbing with ring finger around my eyes and gliding it in circles around my eyes, and still no luck.

I've been using this for 2 months and I noticed no changes in fine lines or dark circles. I gained some bumps around my eyes and had to get it extracted to prevent it from scarring. I'm not sure what's this product suppose to help me accomplish, because I saw no good results on my eye area.

The only thing I figured it did was a smoother application for my urban decay eyeshadow primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a generous sample of this from Sephora and used it for a few months. Then I bought the full size (0.5 ounce size for $65). The cream is rich and luxurious without being heavy or oily. I apply it in the am and pm and it doesn't interfere with eye makeup application when I apply it in the am. I have a wrinkle in between my eyebrows that has significantly softened since using this balm and my undereye area looks more supple. I do have some light smile lines under my eyes on my upper cheeks area that I am waiting to see if they improve. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way.