Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser

Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser

4.3

Great quality! it's very easy to use and cleans the brushes
Useful for more than makeup brushes.

on 11/7/2017 1:28:00 AM

I like this product a lot and am on my second tube. The first one lasted forever and I finally threw the rest out bc it was so old. Agree it needs to be stored on its side or upside down. Really like using this will all my eye brushes and it works well for bigger and thicker brushes as well. I feel like I can tell I’ve got all the soap rinsed out, whereas with a solid cleanser I am always paranoid it’s not. This cleanser does a very good job and I have not noticed any damage to the brushes I’ve washed many times. I find it easier to grab this than the solid when I just want to wash one or two brushes.

on 1/3/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great stuff. Restores my brushes, both synthetic and natural, to their original softness. Most, if not all, of my brushes are expensive Trish McEvoy brushes that I have had for nearly fifteen years and I expect them to last. Trish no longer makes her Brush Bath and I use this as an alternative and I am glad I do. Cleans brushes thoroughly (you can see product being rinsed down the drain) yet leaves your brushes really soft. The packaging really is a bummer. It will leak if stored upright so I store it in its original box cap-side up and have no problems with leaking (I took away a lippie due its lousy packaging). Expect to purchase again but that will be awhile from now given how little product one uses. A real problem-solver for me, glad I made the purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great brush cleaner. Use it for all of my brushes. Gel like formula. Nice conditioning lather. Prefer it over MAC brush cleaner.

on 10/1/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used 2 tubes of this before using brush soap. The cleaner smells like mint and very nice but it is also very expensive. Ok for powder product brushes but have to use quite a bit to wash liquid or cream product brushes. Not worth it.

Background: I have nearly finished my second tube of this product. I use it in combination with lukewarm water.

PROS:
* Keeps brushes in good condition. I wash my "cream product brushes" (e.g. for foundation, concealer, gel eyeliner, etc.) after each use and they are still as good as new.
* Nice scent.

CONS:
* Does not always get all of the foundation out of the brush. I sometimes have to use a stronger brush cleaner first (e.g. Cinema Secrets) and then cleanse with this product afterwards to ensure the brush is completely clean.
* Packaging. I have to lie mine flat otherwise the product leaks. I agree with other reviewers; a pump would have been a better option.
* Pricey. Considering it's a 100mL tube, AUD $28 is a little steep in my opinion.

At this stage I am unsure if I will repurchase. I am considering trying a cheaper brand next time and if that isn't as good, I will go back to this one.

on 11/20/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very nice product. In my experience, this is far better than just an overpriced baby shampoo type of product. This is a very effective, yet gentle clear gel that thoroughly cleanses my brushes and leaves them conditioned and like new. Since high quality brushes are such an investment I am willing to pay a little more to ensure their longevity. I alternate between this tube cleanser that I use weekly and the spray cleanser from Bobbi Brown for daily use. I would much rather see this product in a pump though.
Retails for $16.50 a tube.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Does an Ok job however I have a baby shampoo that does equally well and leaves the bristles equally soft at a fraction of the price... Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A great little brush cleanser that leaves my brushes nice and clean and soft and brand new again! I find it's better to put a bit of the cleanser on the dry, dirty brush and really work it in without water - that way, the cleanser isn't diluted and most of the old product on the brush can be lifted off when you rinse them under the tap. I haven't had any problems with this stuff leaking at all from the tube, but agree that a pump bottle would be easier. Definitely the most effective product I've tried to quickly and thoroughly clean your brushes.

Totally and effectively cleans those grubby brushes leaving them soft like new.
Its amazing.

BUT

Dear Bobbi:
Its a crying shame this ain't in a pump bottle. Please rectify.
How has someone as clever as you not figured out that the current packaging is dysfunctional. I was just wondering how long it takes you to clean your mega huge brush stash with the current tube system.

Popular Makeup Brushes