Real Techniques Buffing Brush

Buffing BrushBuffing Brush

4.6

on 6/3/2018 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this brush for like 3-4 years and it is still good as new. It works great with every product I have tried it with. Whether you want to use it with liquids, creams, or powders, it does the job amazingly!! What I also love about this brush is that is so easy to clean and it dries so fast! A BONUS: it’s super cheap :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I previously only used the Sigma F80 brush and Zoeva 104 brush which are touted as the amongst the best of foundation brushes. My friend bought me this real techniques buffing brush as part of a set and I ignored it for months. Finally, I was in a rush one day and couldn’t find either my F80 or Zoeva brush (great luck eh) so picked up this one. When I tell you I was in shock!! It gave my foundation the most beautiful airbrushed finish. FLAWLESS. I am not even exaggerating. I looked like a doll. I began to use it more times and now I am in love. Any foundation I use it makes it look perfect on my skin in a short space of time. I think this is way better than my Sigma F80 brush and zoeva! I haven’t touched them since I started using this one. Please don’t discontinue Real Techniques!

on 9/19/2017 9:24:00 PM

This was one of my first makeup brushes few years back and still have it and still love it over the other ones.There's something magical with these RT brushes since they do such a good job.I use this to buff my foundation or also to buff powder foundation on the skin.It blends out foundation very well,I say it is the best foundation brush I have tried,and have tried a lots of different ones.Definitely recommend.

on 9/19/2017 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love using this brush for buffing in my foundation and bb cream. Prefer this brush over a beauty sponge.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not thrilled with this brush. Right now I have no use for it. I wear foundation or bb cream, and I love using the RT Expert Face brush. The Expert Face brush applies foundation or bb cream flawlessly. It blurs over my pores, and really makes the foundation look like my skin.

The buffing brush does not apply liquid foundation or bb cream as well as the Expert Face brush. The buffing brush leaves brush marks, and the foundation just does not look as good as it could on my skin.

I think this could be excellent for mineral foundation, but don't know. If I purchase mineral foundation and start using this brush successfully then I'll update.

edit: I tried this with pressed powder foundation, and this brush underperformed. I had to pick up more product as my usual brush (Ecotools stippling brush) to see any of it go on my face. It was weird, like it had problems picking up powder or depositing it on my skin.

on 5/31/2017 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG ALL REAL TECHNIQUE BRUSHES ARE TO DIE FOR! GREAT PRICE & SUPER SOFT! I CAN'T PUT THEM DOWN! THEY'RE EQUAL OR BETTER THAN ANY HIGH-END BRUSHES OUT THERE. I DID A REVIEW ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL GO CHECK IT OUT :) HERE'S THE LINK:

on 4/25/2017 1:21:00 PM

A lovely buffing brush that does exactly what it says it will do, buffs your foundation in! It doesn't leave behind any streaks and gives good coverage, it cleans easily and I can get rid of the stains so my brush doesn't look dirty and I have not experienced any shedding! It dries very quickly too! Another great brush from RT and very affordable!

on 11/30/2016 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I own a bunch of Real Technique brushes, and I think they are great value brushes. This is actually the first brush that I don't like. I liked the idea of a slightly smaller powder brush (about a third or fourth of the size of their huge "actual" powder brush to be honest). I don't use mineral makeup/foundation, so I would use it purely for setting liquid foundation. As it turns out, I really, really don't like it for that purpose. I find it to be very scratchy, way scratchier than their powder brush which I previously found to be their least soft brush. It's also stiff to the point where I feel like I'll move the foundation around if I'd use it for its intended purpose, to buff. I tried to use it for foundation instead, but I found that the stiff bristles made for a terribly streaky application. If you are considering this for foundation, I'd recommend getting the Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques instead - that one is amazing for foundation, and you'll still be able to use the buffing technique.

I really dislike using this brush, and I will pass it along to one of my friends who use mineral makeup to see if they like it better. This is a pass for me.

on 5/12/2016 7:26:00 PM

Reading so many comments and watching so many youtube videos with so many famous youtubers raving about it, I finally bought this collection. At first I was so happy with it, the buffing brush was my go-to brush and the finish was great.
But through washing it started to lose its shape and puff out. I have only bought it for over a month and only washed it for a few times and the bristles have become ENTIRELY LOOSE. Today I was so disappointed with it that I tugged at it gently and the whole head easily CAME OFF. I can easily see the glue it was stuck to from the side and the shape is completely different from what it was before.
I am very shocked about this since everyone says that real techniques brushes should be of high quality though of affordable price. I bought the collection at superdrug in the uk and it was in the NEW PACKAGING with brighter coloured handles. I don't know if this is in general or that I got one from a bad batch, Overall really disappointed and will consider buying other brushes of better quality.

This is an excellent brush. I use it to finish off my tinted moisturiser, which I apply with the RT Stippling brush, or my liquid foundation, which I apply with the RT Bold Metals 101 brush. Highly recommend.

Popular Makeup Brushes