Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush

4.6

This is an excellent brush. I use it to finish off my tinted moisturiser, which I apply with the RT Stippling brush, or my liquid foundation, which I apply with the RT Bold Metals 101 brush. Highly recommend.

on 5/12/2016 7:26:00 PM

Reading so many comments and watching so many youtube videos with so many famous youtubers raving about it, I finally bought this collection. At first I was so happy with it, the buffing brush was my go-to brush and the finish was great.
But through washing it started to lose its shape and puff out. I have only bought it for over a month and only washed it for a few times and the bristles have become ENTIRELY LOOSE. Today I was so disappointed with it that I tugged at it gently and the whole head easily CAME OFF. I can easily see the glue it was stuck to from the side and the shape is completely different from what it was before.
I am very shocked about this since everyone says that real techniques brushes should be of high quality though of affordable price. I bought the collection at superdrug in the uk and it was in the NEW PACKAGING with brighter coloured handles. I don't know if this is in general or that I got one from a bad batch, Overall really disappointed and will consider buying other brushes of better quality.

To Read all 140 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/12/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this brush to fix my base mistakes - it buffs out too-full coverage foundation, blends contour and bronzer, and buffs out heavy handed blusher.
Although the brush does a great job (especially for the price), the bristles aren't the of best quality. After washing the brush a handful of times, I began loosing a bristle here and there and can see that I will have to repurchase another brush within a few months.

This is a really great foundation brush. It applies foundation beautifully, though I've not used it for anything else. It would probably be good for cream blusher. The brush is not too dense so it doesn't leave streaks, but it is also not too soft. It really does buff product well. Mine does shed a little bit though, which is annoying but willing to look past it. I've never had a problem like that with my other RT brushes. I would buy another one but I believe it's only sold in a set.

Great soft brush for applying my foundation. I actually like Expert face brush more since it is more dense.

I got this brush as part of the core collection and it cost £14.59 (Amazon) and I love the buffing brush, all of the Real Techniques brushes are multi purpose and I use this brush to apply liquid foundation and other times I use it to apply pressed powders or blusher.

on 3/5/2016 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I prefer this brush to the expert face brush when applying foundation. This works for all of my foundations -- even Mac F&B. I wish it was sold separately tho.

on 2/14/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great brush for liquid foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had this brush for years now and love it. I apply foundation with fingers and then use the brush to buff onto my skin - I love the finish.

I tend to use just fingers for Mac F&B but thicker foundations are better with a brush.

It washes well and wasn't that expensive - it was part of a set. I love it and want another one to rotate.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent brush with works perfectly with both my liquid and powder foundations. It works perfectly with Estée Lauder's double wear foundation. I apply it onto my face with a stippling motion. I find that it leaves streak marks on my face with I buff the foundation in. When I stipple it, it gives a full coverage. With my ZA two way cake, I use apply the foundation in a buffing motion using the brush. It gives the most natural, smooth, even and full coverage as compared to using a wet sponge to achieve a full coverage. I believe I have found the best brush ever.

Popular Makeup Brushes