MISSHA All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45/PA+++

MISSHA All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45/PA+++
All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45/PA+++

4.3

Water, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl salicylate, phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, butylene glycol, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, cetearyl alcohol, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, sodium hydroxide, dimethicone, polyacrylate-13, PEG-100 stearate, polyisobutene, sorbitan stearate, panthenol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sorbitan isostearate, polysorbate 20, morus alba root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, portulaca oleracea extract, nelumbo nucifera flower extract, rosa davurica bud extract, camelia sinensis leaf extract, chrysanthemum indicum flower extract, diospyros kaki leaf extract, pueraria lobata root extract, cinnamomum cassia bark extract, artemisia princeps leaf extract, morus alba fruit extract, BHT, disodium EDTA, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, fragrance

on 9/23/2017 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love this version so much more than the soft finish one! It feels like I am just putting moisturizer on my skin. No white cast at ALL. It is moisturizing, and has a lot of humectants in it....in hotter weather I feel a little sticky and shiny wearing this without something over it to mattify. But in drier or cooler weather, it is fabulous. There is a strong, distinct floral scent...so if you are sensitive to fragrance you might want to skip this one. Also it stays on very well, due to the film-forming polymers in it. Sadly that also gives it more potential to clog pores....If I don't use a BHA regularly when I am using this daily I find I get a lot more clogged pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great sunscreen for people with pale-medium-toned, oily/acne-prone skin. Unfortunately for me, I have bone-dry, hyper-sensitive, rosacean skin so this is much too mattifying/drying which then flares my rosacea. That's the reason I wouldn't re-purchase, not because of any issues with the quality. Here's the breakdown:
Pros:
- Price
- Availability (ordered from Missha website)
- Texture: thin (but not overly runny), easy to apply
- Absorbs/dries quickly
- Doesn't cause breakouts (I'm acne-prone)
- Sun protection: meets Asian sunscreen guidelines, offers more effective sunscreen than sunscreens made/sold in US
- Packaging: doesn't let light in so protects integrity of product, very cute design, easy to use/functional

Cons:
- Overly matte finish for my bone-dry skin
- Causes slight redness (I have rosacea)
- Leaves slight white cast

on 2/3/2017 12:17:00 PM

I've tested many sunscreens over the years, and I hate most of them. They leave a white cast or pill up or go on so heavily that I look ill, as if I have a disease. Anyway, I've been trying Japanese and Korean face products lately, and they are usually better and less expensive than American face products. This one is an absolute winner; it applies perfectly and my makeup goes on smoothly over it. Utterly perfect. LOVE it.

on 11/11/2016 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sunscreen is part of my daily routine. I used to use moisturizer that contained sunscreen but I decided I wanted separate sunscreen.

I tried Missha All Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF 45/PA+++ first but then I saw they had an essence. I will review that one later. I could use the extra moisture and switched.

I use this sunscreen on my face and neck. Generally, I am allergic to most chemical sunscreens that are typically found in the US market. I would breakout into an itchy rash. At times it was just easier to stay inside and avoid the sun, rather than risk the rash.

This is the 2nd sunscreen I tried from Missha and I simply love it. It has a wonderful texture and gives your skin a dewy glow. Once it is absorbed, it does not feel greasy. It did not clog my pores and the best part of that I have had no allergic reaction to it.

The sunscreen is not a thick cream. It is similar to a lightweight moisturizer. It has a slight scent to it but once it is on, you can't even smell it.

This is available in 2 sizes, 40 ml and 70 ml plastic bottle with a green cap. This is another reasonably priced product that works.

on 3/25/2017 8:32:00 AM

Thank you Missha! My face doesn't like any sort of sunscreen or moisturizer sitting on it. I erupt in milia. I've also felt like most sunscreens my skin look sort of ugly for some reason. My skin appears puffier and seems more lax. It kills any natural glow, gives me odd shiny spots and accentuates lines. And I just hate the feeling of it too - I like to feel the air and not be stifled under a mask. I was starting to feel like - what's the point of preserving your skin with sunscreen if you have to look completely busted the whole time you are wearing it?

I could tell that this was different the moment it touched my face. It actually made my face look and feel better instead of worse. No grease at all, no odd shiny spots on my face. I'm so used to sunscreens and moisturizers not working for me but this actually makes my skin feel soft and hydrated, without the unpleasant effect of most other products. I wear concealer occasionally and this provides a beautiful surface for that, my concealer looks better than normal.

I was nervous that this was white (I have a medium complexion and some products leave a white cast). But it disappears on the skin. When I oil cleanse at nights I can see the white cast in the oil as this leaves, which I actually like. Other than that, I wouldn't even know I had anything on.

With how well this performs, I will be sampling a lot more of Missha's products. If their other products are anything like this, maybe I can use moisturizer after all.

If you are having trouble with every sunscreen out there - please try this. It truly is different.

on 9/18/2016 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG item. By far the BEST sunscreen I've ever used, and I've used a ton of them. It applies smoothly, sinks in quickly and dries to a soft matte finish. It never stings, never irritates my skin, nothing negative at all. There is a very vague light fruit scent that totally dissipates as it dries. It plays well with everything I've layered over it (powders, BB creams, mattifiers, primers) and it works! It's really an excellent sunblock. It's cheap too, which is awesome. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good sunscreen for normal-slightly dry skin or during the colder months. It has a moisturizing finish, but doesn't feels too heavy on the skin.

I really wouldn't recommend it for very oily skin during the hot summer months. It made my face sweat underneath and my foundation would just not stay put.

I was very annoyed at the packaging. It looked like an 80/90 ml bottle was filled with 50ml of product so it was almost half empty when I received it.

on 7/4/2016 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Normally I would wait longer to write a review, but with this product I don't need to. I've been using this Missha sunblock for the last few days, and I LOVE IT. I've had really good luck with Korean sunscreens, but I was still a little worried that this would break me out because it contained chemical filters that were new to me, as well as dimethicone and a lot of extracts - both of which can be hit-or-miss when it comes to breaking me out and/or sensitizing my skin. On the upside, I can usually tell within 24 hours (at the longest) if a sunscreen is going to be a problem for me. The only problem I've had with this Missha sunscreen is that it clung to the tretinoin flakies on my face because I didn't apply enough moisturizer underneath; despite reading reviews I erred on the side under moisturizing my skin since the other sunscreens I have are heavier than this. The last few days I've simply used a *slightly* heavier moisturizer under it, and problem solved! But that is exactly why I like this sunscreen so much. Even using a generous 1/4tsp within 10 minutes it doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. Yes, it has a slightly dewy finish (*not* greasy, like a lot of s/s) and it's fragranced in the way a lot of K-skincare is, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest because I don't feel greasy or like I want to claw my skin off. My other Korean sunscreens are great for winter, when I need all the moisture I can get, but this, THIS is what I need for summer. This is a sunscreen that makes me want to wear sunscreen every day because even wearing it without makeup my skin still looks fantastic. I am so, so glad I took the plunge and ordered this.

on 3/12/2016 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The tube was half empty when it came. It made my skin oily and shiny, I would have preferred a more lotion kind of base as well, as it was a little too oil-based for my liking.

on 6/9/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all time fave sunscreen. It feels really light on the skin and slightly moisturizes. It leaves no white cast and blends in like a lightweight moisturizer. It also works well under makeup