MISSHA All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45/PA+++

MISSHA  All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45/PA+++

4.2

Water, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl salicylate, phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, butylene glycol, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, cetearyl alcohol, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, sodium hydroxide, dimethicone, polyacrylate-13, PEG-100 stearate, polyisobutene, sorbitan stearate, panthenol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sorbitan isostearate, polysorbate 20, morus alba root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, portulaca oleracea extract, nelumbo nucifera flower extract, rosa davurica bud extract, camelia sinensis leaf extract, chrysanthemum indicum flower extract, diospyros kaki leaf extract, pueraria lobata root extract, cinnamomum cassia bark extract, artemisia princeps leaf extract, morus alba fruit extract, BHT, disodium EDTA, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good sunscreen for normal-slightly dry skin or during the colder months. It has a moisturizing finish, but doesn't feels too heavy on the skin.

I really wouldn't recommend it for very oily skin during the hot summer months. It made my face sweat underneath and my foundation would just not stay put.

I was very annoyed at the packaging. It looked like an 80/90 ml bottle was filled with 50ml of product so it was almost half empty when I received it.

on 7/4/2016 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Normally I would wait longer to write a review, but with this product I don't need to. I've been using this Missha sunblock for the last few days, and I LOVE IT. I've had really good luck with Korean sunscreens, but I was still a little worried that this would break me out because it contained chemical filters that were new to me, as well as dimethicone and a lot of extracts - both of which can be hit-or-miss when it comes to breaking me out and/or sensitizing my skin. On the upside, I can usually tell within 24 hours (at the longest) if a sunscreen is going to be a problem for me. The only problem I've had with this Missha sunscreen is that it clung to the tretinoin flakies on my face because I didn't apply enough moisturizer underneath; despite reading reviews I erred on the side under moisturizing my skin since the other sunscreens I have are heavier than this. The last few days I've simply used a *slightly* heavier moisturizer under it, and problem solved! But that is exactly why I like this sunscreen so much. Even using a generous 1/4tsp within 10 minutes it doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. Yes, it has a slightly dewy finish (*not* greasy, like a lot of s/s) and it's fragranced in the way a lot of K-skincare is, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest because I don't feel greasy or like I want to claw my skin off. My other Korean sunscreens are great for winter, when I need all the moisture I can get, but this, THIS is what I need for summer. This is a sunscreen that makes me want to wear sunscreen every day because even wearing it without makeup my skin still looks fantastic. I am so, so glad I took the plunge and ordered this.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/9/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all time fave sunscreen. It feels really light on the skin and slightly moisturizes. It leaves no white cast and blends in like a lightweight moisturizer. It also works well under makeup

on 3/12/2016 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The tube was half empty when it came. It made my skin oily and shiny, I would have preferred a more lotion kind of base as well, as it was a little too oil-based for my liking.

on 10/20/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I think it's one of the best korean's brand sunblock with affordable price. The texture is just nice, and sticky at all. This sunblock also moisturizing enough for my dry skin and high protection. I just need to re-apply in the afternoon if i need it. The packaging itself just nice and look classy. I just need a cleansing foam to clean it, and didn't need any cleansing oil/cream before it.

on 10/11/2015 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This may just be my HG sunscreen. I have tested it in Brazil (very high UV indexes year round) and did not get sunburnt or even slightly red (also no tan in the face). It is very pleasant to apply, does not pill, no white cast and you can apply makeup on top fuss-free. It can sting the eyes ever so slightly but I only experienced this when lying down. My skin does not break out from it at all (unlike other SPFs that leaves my skin bumpy, greasy or spotty).
Packaging is amazing, it's very lightweight and not messy. I like the soft squeeze tube and prefer it over rigid plastic tubes.
I find it reasonable priced at around 12 eur/14 US$ and it's fairly easily available too (I've previously ordered from S Korea but Missha also sells directly to Germany). I will definitely repurchase this and have recommended it to a friend.

on 6/14/2015 1:36:00 AM

In the last two years my skin has changed.
Now its dry even in warmer season.
I try to buy everything with a moisterizing effect and a dewy finish.
This ss cream is right what i need. The one i have is in pink package and i got two of them for 14$ on sale.
It goes on smoothly, does not feel tacky, oily.Does not dry my skin. I apply it under eyes liberaly without any unpleasant feeling.
This cream does not have any white cast even in the beginning. I acctually feel like i am appplying a moisterizer not a ss cream.

This cream is a good option for winter since it is not drying and has a dewy finish.
In summer i do feel the need to apply a powder on my T - zone to avoid shiny look.
But with my dryish skin i better apply finishing powder to certain spots than to look cakey.

The ingredients list is very long.
The active ingredients sound unfamiliar to me. It claims to have ingredients which calm and clarify skin like extracts of aloe and cucumber, morus alba witch hazel and some more.
The only thing which confuses me is that i still suntan a little, though, i have to make sure about it.

It has very light floral scent which i find very pleasant.

Wanted to love this sunscreen since it's so lightweight and non-greasy and has nice UVA filter. Can't use it on face since it's irritating and makes my eyes water like crazy when I wear it. A big NO-NO! I suspect it's the fragrance since UV filters usually make my skin burn and itch, sometimes even turn red, this one doesn't do that, just the constant stinging in my eyes all day long. Other than that, it's pretty. Has the consistency of a thin white body lotion, very easy to apply and sinks in within 10 minutes. No white stuff on skin or clothes since it's uses chemical filters. (Edit: it leaves spots on black clothes) Finish is dewy/glowy, without being sticky, so oily/combo skins wouldn't look nice, unless with powder or something. It claims to have some skin care benefits as well, and I think these claims are justified, it doesn't dry skin out, moisturizes it a bit even and brightens it a bit over time. No breakouts either. In other words, perfect if you're after that dewy look. And don't have sensitive eyes.

on 3/12/2015 1:39:00 PM

(Pink version)

This is a very nice sunscreen. It has a light texture, but is nice and hydrating. Much better than your typical American sunscreen. It also has lots of plant extract ingredients for skincare. If you have combo, oily, or even normal skin, you could probably even use this as an spf/moisturizer.

However, I probably won't be repurchasing this because of the smell. It isn't unpleasant, but boy is it strong. It is a floral perfumey smell. Personally, I don't like strong smelling products, especially for my face. If you don't mind the strong scent, I would definitely recommend.

on 9/14/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the pink version. It is a good value sunscreen, cost about $10 on eBay.
It is light textured but the finish is still too shiny for me.

Taken 2 lippies off. I break out with this sunscreen!