La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Serum Gel Concentrate

La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Serum Gel Concentrate

AQUABUTYLENE GLYCOLALCOHOL DENAT.GLYCERINBIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANEPARAFFINUM LIQUIDUMCARBOMERSODIUM HYDROXIDEARGININE PCASERINEASCORBYL GLUCOSIDEAMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDEHYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACIDXANTHAN GUMPHENOXYETHANOLPARFUM

on 10/7/2015 5:15:00 PM

I just read someone else's review and it figured out why I hate this. Who puts alcohol in a moisturizer?!? Insanity! It's bad enough alcohol sneaks it's way into our face makeup but in a moisturizer it is the most counterintuitive thing I can think of. Don't waste your money!

After realizing belatedly that my facial skin is crying out desperately for intense hydration through lots of trial and error from the beginning of this year (Wouldn't it be nice if our skin can just talk and tell us what it wants? Something like: "Don't put this on me!" or "I need that right now!"), I ran to the pharmacy and went "Hydraphase crazy". In one single setting, I bought the mask, rich cream, and the serum from this line (among other purchases from the brand). I have been using the mask once daily for two weeks now, and the serum for a little more than a week. I have used both the mask and the rich cream before, only the serum is my first purchase.

Ingredient wise, what drew me in the most is "Arginine PCA" and "Serine", both are supposed to bring the NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor) back to balance, and I love the fact that they are naturally present in our epidermis (until some fool like me damaged it by over exfoliating with Salicylic Acid). And then there's of course Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, and Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, which you can find in almost every product in this line. The product is a clear gel with minimal scent that goes very well under Cicaplast B5, it's extremely light weight, and I don't think it works well alone, as the instruction says, you need to pair it with something else. It brings intense hydration as it claims, and it somehow seems to enhance the performance of the product that you pair it with. The packaging is brilliant, and it's really easy to use, unlike the mask, which you have to wait 15 to 20 minutes for it to sink in. I prefer this to the rich cream as well.

It's no doubt one of the most pricy products La Roche Posay has to offer, but for someone whose skin is crying out for intense hydration (It doesn't have to be chapping or peeling, it can be lots of things: fine dehydration lines, dull complexion with no glow, mysterious tiny bumps which may or may not become zits, patches of slight discoloration of skin, etc.), this is really worth the money. And it doesn't really take that long for you to see a noticeable difference in the mirror. I have already bought a backup.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/24/2015 5:33:00 AM

Completely useless. Absolute waste of money!
I've been better hydrated by cheaper brands.
I did not feel that my skin was hydrated. There was also no visible difference. The product did not live up to the hype and didn't work for me despite my research and the reviews. Very disappointed.

I have normal-combination skin, and always use a hydration serum to ensure that my skin is well hydrated as I use scrubs and whitening products which can be drying and harsh to the skin.

While the texture of this serum is okay - not sticky or thick or creamy - especially for the humid weather, it did not not help with hydration. I find my red and dry spots even more obvious than before. I do not recommend this product and will never buy it again. It was over SGD50 even after a 20 per cent discount! Nonetheless, I finished the bottle because I didn't want to waste the money.

i have allready re-bought this product 3 times. it does wonders for my oily, acne prone skin. i does not break me out, and since i started using it, my skin has had less of a greasy shine through out the day. my makeup stays better and my skin looks smooth and eaven.

on 12/17/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have suffered with eczema and dry spots this product is amazing it seriously has saved me worth every dime !

on 10/22/2014 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've always been a fan of La Roche Posay ever since I discovered their Effaclar line. I purchased this in winter to help combat dry skin and well... it's a good product but not great. It moisturizes decently, but it doesn't necessarily -hydrate-. I want something that feels like it reaches deep down into my skin so the next morning when I wake up, my skin is nice and plump. This doesn't really do the trick. (Products that do give me this feeling are: Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair). I don't think I will be repurchasing this.

on 2/26/2014 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I don't understand how this possibly can provide deep moisture. Alcohol denat comes 3rd on the ingredient list. I still bought it though cause I was desperately dry and patchy and SA reassured me that it is an awesome product. After a week of use I don't see any positive results whatsoever! My skin is usually oily, but dehydrated. This doesn't make it drier, but I've noticed that my skin looks so dead and dull. Taking it back to Shopper's drugmart.

on 2/1/2014 10:12:00 AM

This is one of those products which feel like it isn't having much of an effect, but it is. It doesn't feel like much going on (it's a gel consistency) but when I had a cold and used a lot of it round the dry scaly skin around my nose, it cleared it right up. It also didn't give me spots. But you do need to use moisturiser too. I have found some other serums can be a substitute for moisturiser but this isn't one of them.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've been using this morning and night for the last two weeks and the difference it's made to my dry, sensitive skin is amazing. I don't mind the price tag, but it would be nice if you got more bang for your buck. I can see myself running out pretty quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I definitely recommend this product if your skin is dehydrated.It really is a miracle worker. I have oily, dehydrated skin (from using epiduo as my acne treatment) and all my previous moisturizers felt greasy and not really hydrating on my skin. However, this has combated my dryness and made my skin very soft even from the first application.
It is on the pricier side (25 euros) but it is worth it. The packaging is easy to use and hygienic, but i think it could be switched to plastic to take out from the high price.